+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Actually quite scared... Need advice.

I need a bit of legal advice and otherwise. I'm really scared of this person and I have no clue at all why but she obviously has no life to stalk me over something like this. Basically this is my situation:

I was dating this person for a while all was well. She gave me something quite dear to her which is a ring that her first boyfriend evar gave her. There was some sort of agreement behind it basically saying that if it didn't work out I would give the ring back well... It didn't work out (Why else would I need help with this right?) and I threw the ring out. Well now she wants the ring back which is no longer in my possession and is irrecoverable and she threatens that I either mail it or she will come and get it WITH the police at her side. I know very little about the law but from what I do know since it is a verbal agreement and she cannot prove that it was made that it will not hold with the police nor a court.

We also talk online which brings me to my next part. Recently she mentioned that I had not mailed it and that until I do she is planning this whole thing within the next 2 weeks as well as bringing up the aforementioned agreement and as I said above that even if an agreement was made verbally there is no way to prove it was made without recording it which if it was recorded I was not informed. I'm quite a bit afraid and shaking even because I do not have the money to go to court to settle this and if she does sue she will do it while she is in her home state in which from what I understand I will not be able to make and therefore take the default judgment.

I know BG isn't full of lawyers and all of that but I really need help and I am genuinely scared. I hope you can help me out.

Thank you

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You're fine. With it being verbal and all there is not much she can do other than throw around empty threats. Hypothetically speaking, even if you were to go to small claims court it would be a joke and thrown out. Verbal agreements mean nothing in a court of law because 99% of they time they are he said, she said, my sisters boyfriends cousins neice's uncle's third grand pappy by marriage said..... etc...

Live and learn. Leave psycho bitches alone.

99 problems.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Beat her to the punch first.

Goto your local police station, and file a harassment report. Include in the 1.1 (incident report) everything she has been telling you, include the ring that you no longer posses..... how she is treating you by a use of a police force to re-obtain the item you no longer have.

As for the ring, it was a verbal agreement..... it was given to you as a gift, and you no longer have it. She is shit out of luck, the police will not get involved. The police report will be good, so the police know ahead of time she might do anything to get the police against you, by possibly making a false police report in a further attempt to scare you.

Next time she calls you, inform her you would like to her cease from calling you... or you will take legal actions against her, to wit restraining order. If she continues to harass you, again go file a supplement police report to the original and when making that report ask the officer how to go out obtaining a restraining order (if she live outside the town/state inform the officer so they can contact HER local police department about the want for restraining order).

Goto court, obtain the restraining order (should cost you anything but time, no lawyer needed) and if she continues to contact you (violations of said order) than again contact the police, who can then actually arrest her on a charge.

..... alot to read, but good luck.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I'm confused...

A girl gave you (a guy) a ring. Strange gift for a guy...unless...

Are you a girl...if so...

POIDH

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I feel bad for you son.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    99 problems.
    But a bitch ain't one.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Sounds like a guy posting.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

What kind of fucking guy are you where you're no longer in possession of something your girlfriend gave you?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    What kind of fucking guy are you where you're no longer in possession of something your girlfriend gave you?
    Uh a guy that broke up with a girl and wanted to get rid of the shit she gave him?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You're screwed. Do you know how much the ring was worth? Can you afford that?

You might have a slim chance in hell if you responded to that e-mail saying "what agreement?" and nobody has ever been around when it was discussed in the past. This would also require you to lie through your teeth.

Pay the girl.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomk View Post

You might have a slim chance in hell if you responded to that e-mail saying "what agreement?" and nobody has ever been around when it was discussed in the past. This would also require you to lie through your teeth.

Pay the girl.
    There were not witnesses of the agreement ever being made unless she secretly recorded it without my knowledge. And I have no clue how much the ring was worth.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tomk View Post

Pay the girl.
    Even with a witness, a he said/she said agreement will not hold up in court.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Calling bullshit

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Maybe I should outline this a little. I'm not a lawyer btw.

Verbal contracts are good to a certain point. For example: Your heat at your home breaks. You call for service and they send a tech to fix. He can do all of the work and bill you later without a contract in writing. You have a verbal one by the phone call where you said fix my heat. If the contract amount gets into the multiple thousands of dollars the courts are gonna want to see a contract in writing. It's just common sense to not get into something for that amount without a written contract.

This also is very similar to an engagement ring. Which is not a gift, it is a promissory note and must be returned if the wedding doesn't go through.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

who gives a shit about some trick and her ring. shit was probably only worth 5 bucks anyway. tell her to quit being a cunt and move on

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Either honor your agreement by financially reimbursing her for the ring or forget about the whole thing since there's no legal proof of any kind. Either way, you should block all her communication immediately afterward because life is too short to be wasted on crazy people.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Delete all your posts here too. Relationships/Frizzes/Rings are serious business. Girl was crazy when she decided to give you a ring that a previous boyfriend gave her. I would've had my doubts then.

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

Delete your posts before she finds them.

Actually no wait, don't. It's been a long time since we've had a Milks thread.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

Obviously you shouldn't have tossed the ring. A verbal agreement can hold up in court. She may be one of those crazy cunts who might have good evidence against you such as voice recordings, saved text messages, and witnesses. I wouldn't put it past a crazy cunt who's been tossed aside many times before.

If you really want to avoid going to court, call her, and apologies like you've never apologized before. It doesn't matter who's right now, it only matters if you can put on a good show for her, she believes it, and forgives you.

Remind her that you tossed the ring, you can't retrieve it back, why you can't retrieve it back, and how bad you feel for doing it. After that, ask her what she wants you to do. This will then open up more ideas but isn't constricted to the three below.

If she says, "I want to get back together". You're going to court anyway.
    If she says, "I want you to find the ring". You're going to court anyway.
    If she says, "Don't worry about it". You're all clear.

Also, this is not, "He said, She said". It's, she said this, I agreed to it, I fucked up, and I don't want to be responsible for the consequences.

Also, this is not, "He said, She said". It's, she said this, I agreed to it, I fucked up, and I don't want to be responsible for the consequences.
    At the risk of being seriously whoosh'd, do you know what he said / she said is?

As far as a court's concerned, that's what it is, one person's word against another, unless as stated she has some proof such as text messages or whatnot.. regardless, if it was just a standard ring, not an engagement / super crazy promise ring, it probably isn't worth more than $200 max anyhow, in which case its lolsmallclaimscourt, and GL to her for that.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

Sure, if he lies in court and says there was no agreement. But that's not the case, and lying in court is about as retarded as you can get.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast