+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: E-Cigarette     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

E-Cigarette

This is great and awesome, so why does the FDA hate this? Because it's a new drug. I love how the gubment works in matters like this.

http://image.examiner.com/images/blo...age/leo(2).jpg

Denver Endurance Sports Examiner: E-cigarettes: the newest Hollywood smoking fad
    "An electronic cigarette (or "e-cigarette") is an alternative to smoked tobacco products, such as cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. It is a battery-powered device that provides inhaled doses of nicotine by delivering a vaporized propylene glycol/nicotine solution. In addition to nicotine delivery, this vapor also provides a flavor and physical sensation similar to that of inhaled tobacco smoke, while no tobacco, smoke, or combustion is actually involved in its operation."

Quote Originally Posted by eunhye View Post
    This is great and awesome, so why does the FDA hate this? Because it's a new drug. I love how the gubment works in matters like this.

Denver Endurance Sports Examiner: E-cigarettes: the newest Hollywood smoking fad
    That the ones with the wee light at the end to simulate the ciggy burning down?

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

This is amazing and I am wholly in support of it. Hopefully it will catch on to the point that the price can lower and prevent it being a rich v. poor status symbol, though. While I don't smoke, I think that people who do should be able to without bothering anyone around them. This also solves the whole "smoke free" area situation.

I just read that article, I had a good chuckle at ""I understand why people use the nicotine replacement aids," said Serena Chen".

Maybe it's because simulating the act of smoking as well as possible helps people wean themselves off? I know lots of people who tried to quit using the inhalers but were unsuccessful because they were trying to stop smoking, not sucking on a tube.

Interesting to see how these get regulated. Could be as easy as establishing a norm for the nicotine dosages or it could be a drawn out ass-backwards thing.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

The action of smoking itself is definitely a huge part of the addiction, it's the same reason people pass around joints even though that wastes at least 50% more pot than smoking out of a bong. There's just something pleasant about it. This is an interesting solution to that problem, I'd be curious to try one, although I don't think I'd like it that much, since it's still smokeless. I wouldn't take THC pills and I don't think a fake nicotine inhaler would be any good either. Would probably help people who are trying to quit though.

Well wait, that's totally a lie, I would take THC pills no question. But not as a replacement for actually smoking pot, I mean.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I would take THC pills no question. But not as a replacement for actually smoking pot
    couldnt agree more, even tho knowing about the loss etc. Its somehow a "style" reducement if you can even talk about it like that.
    Maybe its "oldschool" or just fashion.

edit: There is already a "Vaporizer" on the market which works same way as the E-cig

I'm afraid people will think that it is a safe alternative to smoking.. cause you'll still get heart disease and die for using it.

It all depends on how the product is marketed.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Only damn way to quit smoking is cold turkey.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Its like the O'Doul's of cigs?

Quote Originally Posted by MrW View Post
    Its like the O'Doul's of cigs?
    No, it is still potent and has nicotine. The appeal is that(in theory) it skirts around secondhand smoking laws.

I think it's fine. If it weren't for all the smoke, I might go to Vegas more often, but I just can't stand that every room in that town is hotboxed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

What are they gonna come up w/ next... Toilets that rinse/wipe ur ass so you never have to use toilet paper, all while dispensing a pure-nature scent as to camo any scent that may protrude the immediate vicinity?...
    oh wait...

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

I went cold turkey over a year ago (late December 2007) - haven't had even half a drag from a cigarette since then - and I still miss it every goddamn day. -.-

So how long after you quit smoking are you supposed to stop wanting it?

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Propylene Glycol? I know antifreeze is Ethylene Glycol, which is one CH(4) group difference. I wouldn't be inhaling that shit.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melchiah View Post
    Propylene Glycol? I know antifreeze is Ethylene Glycol, which is one CH(4) group difference. I wouldn't be inhaling that shit.
    I don't think people who smoke 'real' cigarettes are going to care about that.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melchiah View Post
    Propylene Glycol is everywhere. It won't kill you.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Propylene Glycol is everywhere. It won't kill you.
    ^ literally, hes right. Its in food coloring, almost anything really.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
    So how long after you quit smoking are you supposed to stop wanting it?
    when you die

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by deivi View Post
    when you die
    Basically. When I drink a bit too much and am near people smoking, I starting thinking about getting a pack...