Closed Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nice keyboard Tythera.

Is that one of those old school ones with the long spiral cord and removable key covers? I <3 those keyboards

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Yes, it is indeed an old clicky IBM model M. I have 6 full size and one space saver I rescued from school and my dad's work. I've cleaned them all up, though they tend to be relatively newish as far as those keyboards go. The one I use is from 1989, but most of the rest range 1991-1994. I wish I had one of the originals from closer to 1984

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'll take that P45 board Moots!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Clicky keyboards are awesome, I was looking to see if anyone made a typists keyboard with that feature, but quickly ran into a wall when doing so.

I'm guessing they can't really be backwards modded very easily to support USB, you'd probably need to gut two keyboards and replace the board on the clicky with the newer board... Lots of dremeling too.

So I spilt beer on my desk last night, and along with me and my friend smoking in here my room no longer smells of the oil I used to coat the surface of my desk. It's debatable which is the better smell, however, I think I'm going to get a room freshener and leave my window open for a week or so, see if that clears it up xD

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    I'll take that P45 board Moots!
    no me! Any excuse to rebuild my computer again!

ontopic, I might take a pic when my second monitor gets here so I can join the multi-monitor cool club.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2295/img0047rvg.jpg

was about to restring my guitar when I saw this thread :3 sharp32" 1080p, HP HDX18 laptop, custom PC inside the lian li case that everyone seems to have, E8500 @4ghz, 3GB XM3 2000, HD4870x2 1GB, 2x1TB WD caviars for storage (one of them is about to die), and 2x150GB WD raptors for OS/apps. not pictured, win2k server in closet and a 17" westinghouse for monitoring that. never realized how fucked up my network is until recently, connection goes through 3 bridges 2 routers and a switch <__< need to consolidate..-_-

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Used to have another 2 monitors on my desk / another PC but it went and died on me so I replaced it's spot with a 360, lulz.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'll post mine later.

@the pic with the temp's, can you even use 8gb of ram with windows xp lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blabj View Post
    Clicky keyboards are awesome, I was looking to see if anyone made a typists keyboard with that feature, but quickly ran into a wall when doing so.

I'm guessing they can't really be backwards modded very easily to support USB, you'd probably need to gut two keyboards and replace the board on the clicky with the newer board... Lots of dremeling too.

So I spilt beer on my desk last night, and along with me and my friend smoking in here my room no longer smells of the oil I used to coat the surface of my desk. It's debatable which is the better smell, however, I think I'm going to get a room freshener and leave my window open for a week or so, see if that clears it up xD
    If you go to Online Store Home Page Index and select either of the customizers they have the option of USB. The original IBMs could be made into USB keyboards fairly easily if you could create a cable that goes from what hooks into the keyboard (I'm not even sure what it classifies as) to the PC because the cables detach from the keyboards. Also, being rather old, I can't see the cable being overly complex, it's only 101 keys and nothing fancy.

As for the smell, if you'd prefer no smell at all, leave open baking soda somewhere, probably close to your spill. You need a certain size box for the room size you have but it works wonders. A friend of mine bought a car from smokers and the only thing that did anything to the smell was baking soda.

Resident furfag
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blabj View Post

I have a Dell clicky that I painted black with black keys, and converted to USB. You need an active PS/2 converter ($15) and a USB A-A cable (about $15). I paid $3 for the PS/2 converter and about $0.65 for the cable because of where I work. I'm sure you could find similar online prices.

The original IBM clickies are AT, so you'll need an AT -> PS/2 converter, or the PS/2 cord if you can find one. The newer clickies are all PS/2 and pretty cheap to get and mod (I got mine from the trash).

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Alishe View Post
    Yeah.. blackberrys take awesome pictures...

In the market for a new corner desk, because I want to have room for a 22in monitor also and a netbook, took a look around at Ikea yesterday but didn't see anything I liked. Seen a few desks on here that are pretty nice.
    Holy shit, your PS3 must howl when you use it. They have one at my job setup with both sides covered by stand/media server and that shit is loud.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Never actually used my PS3 while it was there other than for like 10mins to check out my new monitor while I await Newegg to get my parts to me, because the Antec 900 on my desk is completely empty hince the no LEDs on. Anyways things change from day to day and here is my new desktop, and yes blackberrys are still boss...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/...s/IMG00104.jpg

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Oh that is just a nice setup. Where'd you get the desk from?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Office Max, 70$

Resident furfag
    BG Level

It's called the Z or a glass desk and everyfucking place sells it. Seriously, not hard to find, go into staples or office max. I hate to be an ass, but that question has been asked soooo many fucking times.

rawr.

He has my desk, except his has the keyboard tray. :[

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nothing snazzy at all, I'm really due for a bigger monitor and some better speakers. Also a dusting.
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...3/DSCF0378.jpg

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Rahm View Post
    Nothing snazzy at all, I'm really due for a bigger monitor and some better speakers. Also a dusting.
    Bumper sticker belongs on cars, not monitors >< But i will admit, that one is pretty boss.

Resident furfag
    BG Level

DO WANT.

No one would get it, but it's still awesome. Link?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast