+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Streaming anime sites?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Streaming anime sites?

Normally, whenever I want to watch something, I download the AVIs. However, a friend of mine has a piss-poor wireless connection in his apartment, and he's also computer illiterate -- he'd never figure out how to use uTorrent, much less the search engines related to finding files -- but he wants to watch anime.

What are some reasonably trustworthy streaming anime websites? I know nothing is foolproof, and that he is a fool, so if he winds up getting a Trojan or something anyways, whatever. His laptop HDD needs to be formatted sometime soon. Regardless, any recommendations?

Of course, the goal is to go for something reliable as possible. Thanks in advance.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Hulu actually has a number of series up. Not current stuff for the most part, there are a few there, including full seasons/series (first Slayers series, most of Death Note, stuff like that). Dubs, of course, but it's safe, legal, good quality, etc.

Similarly, Joost has some anime series, some of which are subtitled.

If he's a Netflix subscriber, they also have a selection of series and movies on their streaming service. They also, of course, have a very large selection of anime DVDs, which may be a good way to go about watching stuff if his connection is really that terrible.

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but it's there anyway. I usually just torrent new stuff as well >.>

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

animeftw.tv is a pretty good site. Just have to register, but it's free.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

i usually go to anijunkie.com

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've been a fan of OnePieceofBleach lately. They carry a lot of shows not directly on the site itself, but they gather a bunch of the links from other sites. I can't guarantee that they carry everything, but most of the current popular shows are on there.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I didn't know Hulu had anime, as I've never looked, but I'm familiar with the site for regular television (and so is he). The other recommendations for subtitled anime will also be of great use.

you gon' love this site
    AnimeKiwi – Watch Anime Online

At this moment I'm watching on Anime Club It's new site and it doesn't have much ads

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've been using kissanime.com quite a bit. Downside: No adblocking. Upside: All anime in 1080p (or 720p if no 1080p is available) and on the pages that actually stream the anime episodes, you can turn off/hide all the ads which takes like 5 seconds of clicking work.

If it's not on there, than I use animeultima.io as a back-up.

Also, if anyone uses their ps4 a lot, kissanime.com works there as well with no issues. You don't even have to hide ads, and no pop ups. Just put it in fullscreen.

That's pretty much all I use now. Too lazy to download episodes. They're pretty fast in uploading new episodes. Probably just as fast as torrents, if not just a tiny bit later.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Kissanime works on my wiiu as well. All their videos have an html5 version too.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Nobody mentions the fact that this necro is FIVE FUCKING YEARS

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A lot of streaming sites from 5 years ago aren't good anymore? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wanna give the benefit of the doubt, but the thread was bumped by a new poster from a country outside our usual inhabitants. Clever spam bot?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

DEY GOT ME

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I wanna give the benefit of the doubt, but the thread was bumped by a new poster from a country outside our usual inhabitants. Clever spam bot?
    Been posting somewhat regularly in the animu threads. Even started a Death Note thread, so I wanna say legit poster, if not somewhat englishly challenged lol

Yeah, that's largely why. Then again, jumping that far back in the time machine is kinda odd.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Eh, I've done it before, and in this sub-forum, no less When you're new, you wonder which is the greater faux pas: starting a new thread, for a really old, but relevant, topic already in the forums, or necro-bumbing an old thread, with new information.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I blame Arfcom.

http://www.anime-sub.com is still my regular go-to. Only downside is the default mirror is to auengine which sucks for me and requires hitting a different mirror every episode.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sorry to necro this.
    I prefer to watch anime in streaming but since Onepieceofbleach imploded I was using Gogoanime...now the site still works but for some reason the antivirus blows up when I try to go to the Dragon Ball Super page specifically. Anyone else found this issue? Should I just change website again? <.<