+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 235 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: STEAM: Deals Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level

GOG > Steam at any opportunity where they compete.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, it really depends. They don't compete that much, but even when they do, each service offers things the other doesn't. GOG has all that bonus content they lovingly pack in with their games and the delightful lack of DRM. Steam, though, has the program Steam with all the community features (GOG has some, but they don't compare), really simple installation, integrated mod support, achievements (lol), etc.

They're both very good at what they do.

Far Cry 2 really that bad?

Good thread btw!

RATE UP!

I liked Far Cry 2. All I did was wander around and get into random fights & start brush fires and what not. It's like a first person GTA. :<

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

absolutely hated farcry2, one of the worst games ive played in the past few years, openness of the game is good, but the firefights suck, and its a shooter so yea...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tomb Raider: Anniversary on Steam

Tomb Raider: Anniversary for $5

Worth it? I've never played a Tomb Raider game

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

do you like action adventure with a lot of puzzle solving and not much action?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll be picking it up for $5 considering I was tempted to pick it up at retail for $10 just yesterday...

Puzzle platformer with light action bits, and apparently reworked controls.........I've not played any Tomb Raider since Angel of Darkness, so I could use something that's actually playable to wash the stain out of my mouth from having played that train wreck of a game.
    (I could deal with the tank controls of Tomb Raider 1-5, but not that ............ whatever abomination they call the controls in that one)

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

*bump*

Weekend deal being both Peggle titles together for $10, which I'll be picking up.

Also finally got Braid on Steam, which I'm having troubles deciding if I want now for $15 on PC, or wait for a hopeful announcement of a PS3 version in the works....

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    *bump*

Weekend deal being both Peggle titles together for $10, which I'll be picking up.

Also finally got Braid on Steam, which I'm having troubles deciding if I want now for $15 on PC, or wait for a hopeful announcement of a PS3 version in the works....
    What's wrong with PC?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm a trophy (PS3 achievement) whore. >.>

That and it looks more like a game I'd rather play with a controller on my TV with than playing windowed while playing FFXI on the side.

Didn't want to make a new topic for this but how good is Mass Effect on PC? I might buy it via Steam.

From what I've read it's kinda buggy... has it gotten any better? D:

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I'm a trophy (PS3 achievement) whore. >.>

That and it looks more like a game I'd rather play with a controller on my TV with than playing windowed while playing FFXI on the side.
    Steam has achievements!

And you can connect a controller to your PC.

(really, just get the game. It's not coming to PS3 and it, with World of Goo, complete a necessary part of your 2008 gaming curriculum.)

Anyone post Peggle Deluxe and Peggle Nights 9.99 this weekend? I have Peggle Deluxe and it's pretty fun/addicting, kinda annoyed I bought it before this deal though.

Played that World of Goo demo also, and not very impressed. Downloaded it cuz I saw you talking about it Maxx, but it's not quite what I expected. It's not bad, it's just not really original or worth more than a couple dollars (imo).

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, just purchased it since I knew I was going to forget about it like I did the Tomb Raider deal last week. (still kicking myself for it, but I guess I can always just pick it up at my local Walmart for $10, saves me the trouble/bandwidth of downloading it at least...)

Steam Achievements mean nothing to me Maxx, aside from the ones in TF2, for obvious reasons, and the only controller I got for my PC is my 360, and I'm not too fond of it these days, would rather my DualShock3.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I bought the tomb raider since it's been a long time since I played the original playstation one and she looks awesome "enhanced". Her tits and ass is all over my screen in tight areas the only thing I hate with it is when you use the steam overlap to talk to people the game doesn't pause and it stays played behind you so if you type something and it moves over to a health pack and you type E it'll probably use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I bought the tomb raider since it's been a long time since I played the original playstation one and she looks awesome "enhanced". Her tits and ass is all over my screen in tight areas the only thing I hate with it is when you use the steam overlap to talk to people the game doesn't pause and it stays played behind you so if you type something and it moves over to a health pack and you type E it'll probably use it.
    lmao that sucks ass...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Package: The Orange Box

Orange Box. 10 bucks.

There is literally no reason not to have it now.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally a reason to play TF2.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    Orange Box. 10 bucks.

There is literally no reason not to have it now.
    God
    Damnit.

Paid 50 bucks for the Xbox one when it came out. I would gladly pay 50 bucks again for it. $10 is stealing.