BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I've only used it when buying certain games from Nuuvem.com. It's a Portuguese site, but not all keys are region locked. It depends on the game and if you must use a VPN to buy it.

For example, I can add Truck Mechanic Simulator directly to my cart and checkout like a normal transaction using paypal.

For Wolfenstein: The Old Blood it states on the product page it is Region Locked. On something like this I wouldn't bother because there may be issues.

But, for the new Batman game it does not state it is region locked on the product page. However, when you try to add it to your cart it states "This product is not available for purchase in your region." This is where using a VPN is handy because you can get around that by using a Brazil VPN. This way, you would get the Batman game for $27.22 before Paypal's 3% conversion fee.
    I thought the keys themselves were region locked; not the site to purchase them from. Seems like a whole lot of work to possibly save a little coin. I imagine there wouldn't be much recourse if you accidentally got something that WAS region locked too.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    I thought the keys themselves were region locked; not the site to purchase them from. Seems like a whole lot of work to possibly save a little coin. I imagine there wouldn't be much recourse if you accidentally got something that WAS region locked too.
    I've bought over 10 games from them and have had zero issue. And I'd wager it's a lot more than a little coin. For instance, GTA V was $29. New Batman is currently $29. I grabbed the batman bundle which was Arkham Asylum/City GOTY, Origins, and Blackgate for $6.70. Injustice for $1.65. Tomb Raider Survival Edition for $3. And a few others for around a dollar each.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    I'm betting that we'll see it return with whatever Bethesda's next game is. They specifically point out that Skyrim's precedent for modding was part of the problem. The solution's clearly to just slap paid mods in at launch of the next Big Thing.
    Rumor is this was Steam/Bethesda testing the waters for Fallout 4. Wouldn't surprise me if true.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

and the steam terrible idea train chugs along http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/30/stea...-who-to-block/
    Game developers inform Valve when a disruptive player has been detected in their game, and Valve applies the game ban to the account. The game developer is solely responsible for the decision to apply a game ban. Valve only enforces the game ban as instructed by the game developer.
    I don't know what checks and balances are in place, but this sure reads like devs can arbitrarily ban you from their games. leave a negative review or comment? "uh yeah he was cheating so I banned him"

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Wouldn't surprise me. Some indie devs get so pissy when someone critiques their game. Forgot the name of that one game where the dev blocked people left and right on the game hub for saying his game was bad.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. Some indie devs get so pissy when someone critiques their game. Forgot the name of that one game where the dev blocked people left and right on the game hub for saying his game was bad.
    Was it the DayZ knock off? I want to say it was that...

Yeah this is a terrible idea.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

WarZ I think.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    and the steam terrible idea train chugs along http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/30/stea...-who-to-block/

I don't know what checks and balances are in place, but this sure reads like devs can arbitrarily ban you from their games. leave a negative review or comment? "uh yeah he was cheating so I banned him"
    Jim Sterling is so fucked.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Worst time for Heavensward CE to charge early

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just a reminder steam sale starts tomorrow. My guess is 1 pm est??

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I hope it's good, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Over the last year GMG, Amazon, and others have matched or beaten steam deals.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

All my games are on steam and I like it more than GOG so long as the prices are comparable I'm gonna keep hoarding my games on it D:

want a deal on Total War Atilla, that's all I care about!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    All my games are on steam and I like it more than GOG so long as the prices are comparable I'm gonna keep hoarding my games on it D:
    I get what you're saying, but that's the kicker. All games (for the most part, and will specify if they need Uplay, Origin, etc) from GMG, Amazon, Bundlestars, Indiegala, GameAgent, CDKeys, Nuuvem, Gamestop, Humble Store, and Gamersgate (there are more stores) are all steam keys and for much less than buying directly from Steam. The last game I bought from Steam was Double Dragon Neon (lol). Besides that, I honestly can't remember the last game I bought from Steam, and I have over 300 pc games. It may have been from either the winter sale or last years summer sale. They just aren't good on price.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    want a deal on Total War Atilla, that's all I care about!
    Cheapest price recorded looks to be $28.53, with GMG coming in close at $29.99 (not sure if this includes using one of GMG's ongoing vouchers). http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:gam...totalwarattila

It looks to be currently out of stock on GMG, otherwise if there is a 20% off you'd be looking at $24. I wouldn't think it to be unreasonable for it to be that price during the Steam sale.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Im holding out for a deep discount on GTAV. That's all I really want/need right now. Maybe Far Cry 4.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Im holding out for a deep discount on GTAV. That's all I really want/need right now. Maybe Far Cry 4.
    I just finished FC 4. If you liked/loved 3 this is more of that. I snagged it for $10 and easily got my monies worth, but for my taste I liked 3 more. But, the himalayas was a really cool theme.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My goal is to buy nothing during the Steam Sale. Never managed it before unless I was out of town for literally the entire thing.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I get what you're saying, but that's the kicker. All games (for the most part, and will specify if they need Uplay, Origin, etc) from GMG, Amazon, Bundlestars, Indiegala, GameAgent, CDKeys, Nuuvem, Gamestop, Humble Store, and Gamersgate (there are more stores) are all steam keys and for much less than buying directly from Steam. The last game I bought from Steam was Double Dragon Neon (lol). Besides that, I honestly can't remember the last game I bought from Steam, and I have over 300 pc games. It may have been from either the winter sale or last years summer sale. They just aren't good on price.
    I've already found out the hard way that all cdkeys games are not steam keys.