Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Delve Even Deeper with Expanded Services from the Moblin Maze Mongers! (Part I) (04/01/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by PlayOnline
    Their business booming thanks to the loyal patronage of adventurers across Vana'diel, the ever profit-minded Moblins of the Moblin Maze Mongers (MMM) have a few more tricks up their sleeve! To reward their loyal customers—and hopefully entice a few new ones in the process—MMM will be unveiling a host of new services and refinements to their line of custom-order dungeons in the upcoming version update.

Share Your Masterpieces!

MMM will introduce a new Maze Tabula duplication service to provide adventurers with a simple and easy way to share their favorite mazes with one another!

For a nominal handling fee of only twenty marbles per transaction, you will now be able to register a Maze Tabula of your choice with the designated MMM duplication NPC. Copies of the registered tabulae—sorted by theme and popularity for your browsing ease—may then be purchased by any adventurer for the low, low cost of only 500 gil. Now your masterpieces of dungeon design can be enjoyed far and wide!

(Note: Copied tabulae can only be used as is; their runes and vouchers may not be customized further. In addition, copies may be used a maximum of five times.)

Materialization Department Gets a Restructuring!

To address customer concern that Materialization Team missions are excessively challenging compared to other MMM services, Goldagrik and the gang will unveil the following adjustments:

- Materials obtained will be automatically and instantly stored with the NPC Stowastiq.
    - There is now a chance that materials will not be lost when synthesis fails.
    - The necessary waiting period between synthesis attempts will be shortened from 60 to 45 seconds.
    - Certain conditions will result in the appearance of a notorious monster which, if defeated, will yield intermediate synthesis materials. (Note: These materials, however, will not be automatically stored, and must be delivered to Stowastiq manually.)
    - When assigned your final order, you will be able to choose from a list of items.
    - Base synthesis skill level will be increased for all Materialization missions. This value may be increased even further by adding the appropriate Maze Rune.
    - Reward items will be increased to three times their previous quantity, and their contents overhauled as well.

Monsters Tamed!

In the upcoming version update, certain monsters appearing in areas introduced since the Wings of the Goddess expansion will have their attack strength lowered. Certain monsters appearing in MMM mazes will be affected by these changes, with the Moblin Marble rewards gained by defeating them adjusted accordingly.

These features are only part of the excitement that awaits MMM customers in the new version update, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for Part II of the preview!
    FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

good april fools joke bro

New Odin
    BG Level

Part II tomorrow!

Hmm, also now that you can duplicate your maze exping there might become viable?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I always check twice before I post them, but you go there first.

EDIT- And the changes to Materialization might turn out to be pretty awesome if that picture is any indication. (Need to throw some Khroma on that shit.)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Monsters Tamed!

In the upcoming version update, certain monsters appearing in areas introduced since the Wings of the Goddess expansion will have their attack strength lowered.
    new merit camps?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Emergency maintenance : Duplidoc got LM-17!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

pretty good update means i'll finally able to do the Gear drop NMs

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I don't know how many people would be willing to share their xp tabula though besides amongst friends, or there'd be more Q_Qing like when mmm first came out about the ridiculously long waits to get in. Also they better fucking fix drop rates for maze! god damn 0/5x on that stupid sword.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    new merit camps?
    Uh people could always merit outside of ToAU they just can't pull themselves from it. SE can make all mobs one shottable and repop in 2 seconds and people still would stick to birds in ToAU.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Uh people could always merit outside of ToAU they just can't pull themselves from it. SE can make all mobs one shottable and repop in 2 seconds and people still would stick to birds in ToAU.
    Where are these merit camps that are better than colibri/top mamool? I have to finish off DRK and need to merit it, so this is pertinent to my interests.

Or is this one of those "you have to find them yourself, which is just a fancy way of saying that they don't exist" things?

assburgers
    BG Level

If SE would make past strongholds 5 minute repops, the area right outside/south of the WoTG "Purple is the new black" BCNM gate has like 30 VT-IT Orcs just roaming around picking their noses.

The WM8 house has like 20 Orcs and 10 Imps.

Castle O has some decent camps as is, adjusted timers even to 7 minutes would really open them up.

There is a horde of T-VT Gigas right behind the spot you tele too in Vunk [S], just turn around and they're right around the corner, probably a nice mire-mash alternative.

Sanction exp bonus/5 min repops/squishy mobs with the lethality turned way down = better in ToAU unless it's packed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

so much for hoping for job adjustments partIII

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Where are these merit camps that are better than colibri/top mamool? I have to finish off DRK and need to merit it, so this is pertinent to my interests.

Or is this one of those "you have to find them yourself, which is just a fancy way of saying that they don't exist" things?
    Exactly the mentality of why people don't merit outside of ToAU, because it isn't "better" than ToAU.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post

What are these "mamool" you speak of? According to some people from one of the last times my sam merited the Nyzul colibri camp is the only one for lv 75.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    What are these "mamool" you speak of? According to some people from one of the last times my sam merited the Nyzul colibri camp is the only one for lv 75.
    There are many BLMs that live at Flans in Mt Zhayolm with the same mentality, even though there are lots on manaburn alternatives.

But with these changes, is there anyone that could think of possible camps in WoTG areas? Dungeon areas usually don't work because of repop timers.
    Max mentioned Gigas in Vunkerl. I remember lots of VT-IT Wyverns in Grauberg near Skyrend. Anything else?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So...with part II coming and taking up a day, I'm actually very concerned we won't be heading to the northlands this update...

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

bah I was also hoping for job adjustments 3

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    So...with part II coming and taking up a day, I'm actually very concerned we won't be heading to the northlands this update...
    There are still 4 days left for update notes, I am crossing my fingers.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Exactly the mentality of why people don't merit outside of ToAU, because it isn't "better" than ToAU.
    Yes, let's go merit for less exp/hr just to be special and unique snowflakes!

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Yes, let's go merit for less exp/hr just to be special and unique snowflakes!
    Beats parties that decide to up and disband because all the camps are taken on a weekend. Yea...breaking off and hoping to be a rep in 3 more hours is really that much better XP/hour.

Bit boring tbh Has anyone got anything decent out of MMM yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast