The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lol, Qilin. Meebles are honestly a better example.

Ridill
    BG Level

If a bst pet did 20% or more of his damage in a zerg, the bst wasn't "viable."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Killer instinct is kinda a moot point since even if you can get a jug of the opposing mob type there is no garuntee it will work. It doesn't work at all on many nms or anything in dynamis and the ones it does work on is severely reduced potency.

That aside I decided to try and play with the spreedsheet to do the non am3 and I'm getting more like 8-10% in favor of guttler using qilin and buffalo. Not sure how to do mythic AM3 to compare so can't say for that. Though not sure if I did ODD right. I put 10 instead 20 since dualweilding.

Shame relic aftermath is so short might actually make opening with onslaught worthwile sometimes

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't know any of the data which Proth is using for his 20% damage. The target and buffs were not specified. It would be a stretch for the pet to do 20% of bst main damage in a zerg, that is because of the maxed delay and many other buffs on the main. W/ Aftermath it might be possible to get 15% but thats probably a stretch as well. Again, I don't have the data to compare. Is Killer Instinct Considered? There are too many unknowns to make a silly argument about it.

Furthermore, pet becomes useless when you have mobs level 120. So Ig-Alima and Provenance Watcher.. sure. I don't know Odin' 2's level. However, these things are being adjusted so they may become more viable. I don't know the NM"s levels in Meebles. I am not convinced Meebles Nm's have very high levels. The neo salvage NM's are NOT high level, and information on SE forums shows a trend to steer content so that is actual attack/def and not level correction will be what makes NM's powerful. This would make pets more viable for this content.

Why are Prothescar and Cairthenn fussing over the qilin example? Obviously it was chosen because its on the spreadsheet and has an appropriate level/def jump up from other example I gave. I made no suggestion that it was end-game. (as if the definition is static and means anything useful for dd calculation).

You don't seem to care if the data is taken out of context. Are you just switching to Epeen mode? Am I discussing w/ reasoning ppl who pay attention to facts and data? or am I wasting my time w/ your pride doing mental masturbation on a forum?
    I really hope its the former.

@Dasva
    use 4/5 skadi +1 for tp set
    sigyn work fine for feet.
    You have to manually calculate the ratio for how many ws you can do at any value of delay reduction. and adjust it when you add more haste to the mix.
    The amount of how far ahead aymur is will depend on your target. I used the bluffalo and qilin in the above example.
    Killer Instinct is not needed to compare Aymur to Guttler. Its only needed for BST to jump to a higher damage range, for which it is not moot. I always have jugs for any killer effect. BST can use it on 7 classes, you always know whether you will have it or not. Dynamis is a bug. it works on NM's though some NM"s have a reduction of the effectiveness by 1/3.
    I also have a good Primal Rend Set.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Because countless times I specified non-VW. Do you even read?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Considering we're talking about zergs and high end content, buffs and targets present are pretty much given. Your pet is not doing 20% of your damage in a zerg, and if it is then your damage is so low then you have no place being there to begin with. I do consider Killer Instinct a very powerful tool, when it is applicable. That isn't very often.

No content other than high end, endgame content matters for job comparison. Anything less and any job is sufficient for the task.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What an interesting set. Not sure if it's better than my set but a couple of the peices might be though drops a decent amount of DA and some TA

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    What an interesting set. Not sure if it's better than my set but a couple of the peices might be though drops a decent amount of DA and some TA
    double check the dw value on the spreadsheet you have for skadi +1 body. It should be 7%

@Cairthenn
    Is there any reason to avoid VW aside from the temp items or party buffs? Because those were not included at all in my comparison. AS far as it went it coulda been a mob outside VW w/ the exact same stats.... Do you even read? It doesn't matter if its in VW or not as far as the target mob is concerned. Its a dd Comparison and every NM in the spreadsheet (aside from lol level 101 Bukhis) is from VW which is above EM. Its an important consideration for how damage scales w/ level/defense for Aymur VS Guttler. ARe you saying "neener neaner your example is not valid because I said its against the rules" ? REALLY??

@prothescar I added more details to my previous post w/out taking anything out.. but again... I never said pet does 20% of the master's damage IN A ZERG. You did not give context in that post that you were focusing on a super high level zerg onry. I'm well aware of the short comings of bst and other 1 handers against things like Provenance watcher and Odin 2 and legion NM's. I'm not even arguing this w/ you. ARe there any other NM's that high of a level? well, Ig-alima a few more VWNMs but VW is mostly a different type of fight anyway.

Plenty of "end-game" content is not super high level. Shoot, Neo Salvage and Meebles are the newest content. You can't say they are not "endgame" just because they are not super high level? Its simply not true that comparing dd for super high level zergs is the only dd comparison that matters. There are other thresholds which matter even if they are not well defined. For example: an almace blu, a mandau thf and dancer and bst reach a threshhold for top tier solo dyna farming. That threshhold matters, and it does depend on having a certain level of dd ability on these jobs. If you don't have the right gear, you will be in a lower tier of accomplishment.

@Dasva
    Phorcys legs are actually slightly better, the the difference is neglible. There are a few better choices for feet, but they are mostly hard to obtain. Otherwise really, this is the best tp set I've found for bst, other setups would work better in high buff situations, using haste instead of DW to cap out for example...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Considering we're talking about zergs and high end content, buffs and targets present are pretty much given. Your pet is not doing 20% of your damage in a zerg, and if it is then your damage is so low then you have no place being there to begin with. I do consider Killer Instinct a very powerful tool, when it is applicable. That isn't very often.

No content other than high end, endgame content matters for job comparison. Anything less and any job is sufficient for the task.
    Disagree on that last line, especially with a job like BST. Considering the job is generally used for low to mid level content and has obvious advantages while soloing for those. Not that this would make the case for aymur any better, it basically requires marches or embrava to maintain AM3 without being an incredible hassle(and often counterproductive, pending on downtime). The flaw with the weapon in my opinion, is that it would be excellent on low to mid level targets, if not for the fact that it requires buffers to get the most use out of it. Obviously BST won't be your ideal job for said content.

Despite most jobs being sufficient, some jobs will perform certain tasks better and easier than others. Especially if you're opting to be lazy, bst is incredibly favorable in those situations as it requires little attention.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sufficiency, not maximum efficiency. I don't care what job people bring to meebles or salvage as long as the job gets done. I see your point but in the long run it doesn't really matter one way or the other.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteknight View Post
    Completed my Ryunohige today! So happy! I'm finally joining the bandwagon :D (I can't post pic because i have less than 10 post ;_; )
    "imageshack.us/f/687/ffxi20130201191054.png"

Anyone can edit it and put the image? Thanks ^^
    Grats whore. Just remember I have permission to smash your pearl if you fucking suck using that.~

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    @Dasva
    Phorcys legs are actually slightly better, the the difference is neglible. There are a few better choices for feet, but they are mostly hard to obtain. Otherwise really, this is the best tp set I've found for bst, other setups would work better in high buff situations, using haste instead of DW to cap out for example...
    Hmmm actually does look better than mine. Though only by a couple of percent. Get slightly higher using Nomkahpa Wrathwing which is probably what you were mentioning. But dps isn't enough for a job I mostly solo on to go thru the effort lol

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toilet Duck
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...psb03dcdb4.jpg

Thanks to Exo for helping me do this. Now to find a sc that wont keep fucking up.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    The neo salvage NM's are NOT high level, and information on SE forums shows a trend to steer content so that is actual attack/def and not level correction will be what makes NM's powerful. This would make pets more viable for this content.
    Yeah, pets do fine in new salvage, I've even soloed both the AR2 khimeras with gooey after my friend lost internet (albeit with a shit load of mulsums) Hopefully they will continue this trend in future content.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    The flaw with the weapon in my opinion, is that it would be excellent on low to mid level targets, if not for the fact that it requires buffers to get the most use out of it.
    The bigger flaw for both weapons to me is they don't have pet: (p)dt- on them. If I'm playing bst instead of another job, it's probably to pet tank, making the magian pdt axes I made in a day more practical than a 500m weapon.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Welp, back to AFK:

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It doesn't glow tho, there is still work to be done. Congrats

Campaign
    BG Level

That was a fast 3x PW! (or wasn't it?)
    Grats! :D

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

How does mythic dnc stack up against other 1h dd anyway?

Tarutaru Subligar Inspector
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I has 3 Guttlers!