Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 652 of 710 FirstFirst ... 602 642 650 651 652 653 654 662 702 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ok I am retard but I am still waiting for real argument why absorb str on START ( not while it's doing split or something suggested by Fake ) of the fight would be a bad thing when you will still easily drop his hp to specific % before split and you will kill it faster after split with additional str. Enlighten me please.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Ok I am retard but I am still waiting for real argument why absorb str on START ( not while it's doing split or something suggested by Fake ) of the fight would be a bad thing when you will still easily drop his hp to specific % before split and you will kill it faster after split with additional str. Enlighten me please.

That suggest that kill speed is ever a problem. But yeah it should help shave .2 seconds off. As Fake pointed out when you are doing 4-5k WSs, its a frequency game, its not about making a 5000WS into a 5400WS.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I haven't done ADL so I have no idea what the average number of WSes per DD per kill would be, but if missing 1, maybe 2 attack rounds increases your WS damage by 8%, then you're making a pretty decent net gain. XI is a game of incremental gains, so arguing about whether or not something is "worth it" is not irrelevant, it's a matter of better and worse, and up to the individual player to choose. I could probably beat salvage in full emp gear, but that doesn't make having done NNI not worth it to me.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I haven't done ADL so I have no idea what the average number of WSes per DD per kill would be, but if missing 1, maybe 2 attack rounds increases your WS damage by 8%, then you're making a pretty decent net gain. XI is a game of incremental gains, so arguing about whether or not something is "worth it" is not irrelevant, it's a matter of better and worse, and up to the individual player to choose. I could probably beat salvage in full emp gear, but that doesn't make having done NNI not worth it to me.
    No you aren't making a decent net gain, that was the entire point. Its not a question of whether its worth it or not, its not providing a benefit, period, its slowing you down.

As far as kill speed goes, anything you can do to get it to split faster just means you'll get it down to ~25% faster, maximising your chances to still win if implosion gets off by having longer left on PD.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    No you aren't making a decent net gain, that was the entire point. Its not a question of whether its worth it or not, its not providing a benefit, period, its slowing you down.

As far as kill speed goes, anything you can do to get it to split faster just means you'll get it down to ~25% faster, maximising your chances to still win if implosion gets off by having longer left on PD.
    You are sacrificing 2sec for 400 dmg per ws and probably at least 10 fstr so around 7% increase for each swing? So lets say you lose 2 sec of PD but you gain chance that after kill that additional damage will let you kill it faster and lower the chance that it will use oblivion at all ( don't tell me its impossible ) because I had hundreds of situations when I killed a mob just before he used some attack that would probably kill me. Its a very difficult situation to calculate what is worth more so don't act like we are talking about something obvious things. Only obvious thing is that I am done with this discussion because you are kind of person that will always know better.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This idea huge amounts of str is useless (yet we go gaga over being able to add much less to our tp sets) but 2 seconds is life and death seems silly with real math on it just a bunch of exteremely rough guessimates... and

That said we aren't even talking 2 seconds here. If as suggested you do it at start of the fight and use darkseal/nether void before pop maybe a little fast cast gear can get that down to a little over 1 sec

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Congrats, dickface.

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

haha thanks. I bought a buncha currency and turned it in on the sly. Rather than "omg everyone come with me to VoS"
    So he must've done a search of the shell and knew where I was and why or something

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Grats sir, now you can give me super songs and x3 with your fancy harp too.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Shoulda done 99 harp! grats
    edit: just checked ffxiah to be sure and noticed 95 harp, so disregard. lol

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

should do carnwenhan ^^ getting ready to do that on my buddies bard (he's got 99horn/harp/mandau) so it's the last thing for him to have "the perfect bard" (barring a 500mil glowy g-horn)

which.... what does glowy g-horn/aegis even do?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Glowy Ghorn doesn't exist, IIRC

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    which.... what does glowy g-horn/aegis even do?
    Aegis gives afterglow -5mdt... for 30 sec after shield bash.

G-horn laughs at you. Like seriously the only difference between 99 and 99 II is they move the "all songs +4" down onto a 3rd row in the item description while the regular 99 crams it in on the 2nd row... why they even did that I have no idea

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You can't make the afterglow ghorn as far as I know.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    You can't make the afterglow ghorn as far as I know.
    I don't know if it's possible but the moogle does have a trial for it and a reward pic

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm pretty sure you can do the trial, it just doesn't make something different.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's only an epeen piece that no one sees, so that you can high-five yourself.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

guys the 99+1 gjallarhorn is glowing, on the test server... Are you saying its not glowing? so is the 99+1 daurdabla.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xeydias Stahlzahn
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It might be glowing, but it's a purely aesthetic effect. It doesn't offer an afterglow due to an action performed by the user.