BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maksudyst View Post
    Thanks to everyone who helped me out!
    Whoaaaa!
    Grats to the bandwagon Husband! :D :D :D :D :D

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheDangerousDave View Post
    Sucks that UF/VS were nerfed in no time when Reso is allowed to keep being overpowered for so long.
    Uhm... VS and UF were nerfed a LONG TIME after they were released? Probably much longer than Resolution has been out.
    And the Nerf to UF was long due imho, not so sure about the VS one.

If anything the only thing that made me angry is that they took too much time to nerf, should've done it earlier. When you let so much time pass you should avoid doing nerfs but try to address the issue in some other way.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mairja View Post
    Nope, hasn't been nerfed. And my guess is that if anything, it'd be Resolution that would be nerfed, and not the weapon.
    But how would they possibly nerf resolution?

Lower the ftp? It's already abysmal.
    Give it an attack penalty? Already got one.
    Lower the crit rate? Doesn't crit.

Short of changing the WSC to something other than STR (implausible), lowering the number of hits (implausible), adding an even greater attack penalty, or changing it from damage/TP to accuracy/TP with a heavy 100%TP accuracy penalty (which you would just counter by having madrigal sung instead of a 2nd minuet for 4th song), there really isn't much they could do to nerf the WS it's self.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Realmrazer's fTP was nerfed on the test server down to its current super-low state, so there's still plenty of room for Resolution to drop.

That said, it's really not that overpowered unless you're on DRK and whoring attack. I finished my Ragnarok months ago for WAR, and the only time I've found it's worthwhile to pull it out is when I'm getting insane buffs and also using Mighty Strikes. That has happened to me ~twice in that time period. TBQH, I wish I'd just done Conqueror as it is useful in the same situations and would have freed up a melee skill merit (Great Sword) for another weapon type. Doing a second mythic still feels a little insane though.

Are you all implying UF/VS were overpowered with no external buffs? Doing 10-12K ws max where other jobs would cap out at 4-6k (guesstimate) under the same buffs is a bit insane IMO

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TheDangerousDave View Post
    Are you all implying UF/VS were overpowered with no external buffs? Doing 10-12K ws max where other jobs would cap out at 4-6k (guesstimate) under the same buffs is a bit insane IMO
    Sorta. The numbers weren't crazy but they were way higher the most ws of the time unbuffed. Though now a few others can do pretty well unbuffed now. I've hit 5.4k ruinators on bst/dnc soloing in dynamis lol. war is just kinda unfar with mighty strikes and restraint not to mention being att junkies

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Stardiver. 4 hits, not 5, higher ftp, no attack penalty, polearms have higher base dmg.
    Unfortunately Dragoon doesn't get any native attack boosting JA like the jobs that use resolution. I would say it's close but still not as powerful as it should be.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ranth View Post
    Unfortunately Dragoon doesn't get any native attack boosting JA like the jobs that use resolution. I would say it's close but still not as powerful as it should be.
    That's down to Job vs Job, not WS vs WS, which was the whole point of the discussion: Resolution's power is down to the jobs that use it, not the WS it's self.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    But how would they possibly nerf resolution?

Lower the ftp? It's already abysmal.
    Give it an attack penalty? Already got one.
    Lower the crit rate? Doesn't crit.

Short of changing the WSC to something other than STR (implausible), lowering the number of hits (implausible), adding an even greater attack penalty, or changing it from damage/TP to accuracy/TP with a heavy 100%TP accuracy penalty (which you would just counter by having madrigal sung instead of a 2nd minuet for 4th song), there really isn't much they could do to nerf the WS it's self.
    An accuracy penalty seems to be the most obvious way they could nerf it.
    That would make people have Brds who sing mads instead of Minuets. Unless Brds have daurdabla 99 or you're making brds rotation.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Or just make the ftp from belt/gorget not carry for all hit !

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    An accuracy penalty seems to be the most obvious way they could nerf it.
    That would make people have Brds who sing mads instead of Minuets. Unless Brds have daurdabla 99 or you're making brds rotation.
    <____________<
    Yeah, you've just laid out why the solution could not possibly be an Acc penalty. It's already a WS that's only good if you have a ton of buffs, so making it require another buff isn't the proper way to nerf it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This means that could be even worse
    That's a bad new if SE really intends to nerf reso. But as you said, this ws needs a ton of buffs so maybe they won't touch it after all.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The best way to nerf Resolution would be to make other WSes/weapons/DDs comparable in the future. In fact that's the best way to nerf anything unless it's just flat out broken, but SE doesn't understand that.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    The best way to nerf Resolution would be to make other WSes/weapons/DDs comparable in the future. In fact that's the best way to nerf anything unless it's just flat out broken, but SE doesn't understand that.
    the best way to level the playing field is by makein all empy and relic questable and removing the merit cap on merit WSs while keeping the aftermath and wsdmg boost exclusiv to the weapons. Would help inventory alot and make most mythics what they should be: the best weapon in their department. imagine a death penalty with wildfirie or a conqueror with access to ukyos fury and metatron. a burtgang with CDC.

god typing on cellphone is a bitch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    Or just make the ftp from belt/gorget not carry for all hit !
    If you mean resolution that would actually make it stronger at 100% tp and about the same to maybe ever so slightly worse at 200%

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    If you mean resolution that would actually make it stronger at 100% tp and about the same to maybe ever so slightly worse at 200%
    How would having gorget/ele belt only affect the 1st hit make it better ? I'm missing something here or I wasn't clear enough.

Old Merits
    BG Level

How would having gorget/ele belt only affect the 1st hit make it better ? I'm missing something here or I wasn't clear enough.
    Ftp below 1 even with belt/gorget at 100tp

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

He was making the assumption that all hits past 1 would get the standard 1.0 multiplier.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ah I meant they would just keep it below 1.0 and have gorget/belt only apply on 1st hit. But why should they nerf reso anyway, It's like Hagun sam at 75, very good and easy to get/use but there are better wpn/job out there!

Old Merits
    BG Level

Sam at 75 and resolution are polar opposites. Gekko had a large attack bonus and would allow any gimp fuck to do decent damage. Resolution requires decent amounts of attack to be good and a lot of attack to be "overpowered".

You are correct on reso not needing a nerf, it is in no way overpowered.