BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 656 of 710 FirstFirst ... 606 646 654 655 656 657 658 666 706 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    Ah I meant they would just keep it below 1.0 and have gorget/belt only apply on 1st hit.
    I suppose they could do that. But is there any ws like that?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Base damage penalty. Make it use only 75% of your weapon's damage, but full fSTR and WSC.

Yes, this is biased for OAT to still shine ;D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Sam at 75 and resolution are polar opposites.
    I know they don't work the same way, It just that Rag 99 is as easy to get as Hagun at 75 and is as easy to be good.

@Dasva not that I know off.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I suppose they could do that. But is there any ws like that?
    Isn't it how Guillotine works?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheDangerousDave View Post
    Sucks that UF/VS were nerfed in no time when Reso is allowed to keep being overpowered for so long.
    Nerfed in no time? Pretty much the single biggest reason people were bitching about the nerf is because they left it so long.

Well, between people really realising that UF and VS were really seriously strong and only taking as many WARs and MNKs to things as possible (ok this still happens but you know..) and doing ridiculous damage and when they nerfed it it didn't feel like a very long period to me. Reso's ridiculous power was realised within a week and the whole throw more Ragnaroks at it philosophy began right away and has gone on for a good while now. It will be hilarious to see the next Vanadiel statistics for sure.

and the traveler
    BG Level

I thought this was a relic/mythic thread, not old nerfs on empy ws question thread. Thanks for the three page empy WS derail, Dave.

I apologize for the location but I think it's an interesting and relevant topic, I never liked any phase of FFXI history that was "throw more xxx at it" and I hope Matsui can address this.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Topics will spin off into subtopics, not like its stopped anyone from posting theie own RMEs.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

The RME thread has spun off into subtopics god knows how many times if you've read it over the years ikariiii, bitching about it proves you haven't and you should check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, between people really realising that UF and VS were really seriously strong and only taking as many WARs and MNKs to things as possible (ok this still happens but you know..) and doing ridiculous damage and when they nerfed it it didn't feel like a very long period to me. Reso's ridiculous power was realised within a week and the whole throw more Ragnaroks at it philosophy began right away and has gone on for a good while now. It will be hilarious to see the next Vanadiel statistics for sure.
    I dont know what your problem is UF and VS are still very strong and on par with resolution (if not better). The only reason why resolution is so popular is that it is good even on enemys with -critical hit taken traits on them and as mentioned before the huge buff bonuses it gets in the currently used events from brd/cors in legion or in VW (via stalwarts etc). seriously only thing people should moan about is how all relic and mythic WS are shit compared to most empy/merit WSs... and thats even with the lvl 99 wsdmg boost. UF and VS are fine stop bitching about something that isnt broken.

Besides Resolution will be getting a indirect nerf anyway with the changes to att/def. If berserk or Last resort end up being dangerous to use, thats allready a hefty nerf for reso.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Reso just has a higher damage ceiling than most other WS'es. Like pretty much everyone has said, you need to be decked to the nines with buffs to fully utilise it and if you aren't then it shows. Even fully buffed it isn't that overwhelming where it becomes the only choice.

A Reso nerf wouldn't really accomplish much, it just reduces the variety of DD's used. It won't suddenly make' lesser' DD's more desirable, it only increases the usage of DD's which are already seen as 'acceptable'.

Personally I hate my Ragna now. I got it pre-reso where it was just one of the rarer relics and could be used as an alternative to Apoc for a change of pace or for dicking around on PLD. I don't want to see a Ragna/Reso nerf though because it isn't the right direction to take. The lesser used DD's / weapon types need to be brought up to par rather than just 1 of the top tier DD's brought down to their level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Reso just has a higher damage ceiling than most other WS'es. Like pretty much everyone has said, you need to be decked to the nines with buffs to fully utilise it and if you aren't then it shows. Even fully buffed it isn't that overwhelming where it becomes the only choice.

A Reso nerf wouldn't really accomplish much, it just reduces the variety of DD's used. It won't suddenly make' lesser' DD's more desirable, it only increases the usage of DD's which are already seen as 'acceptable'.

Personally I hate my Ragna now. I got it pre-reso where it was just one of the rarer relics and could be used as an alternative to Apoc for a change of pace or for dicking around on PLD. I don't want to see a Ragna/Reso nerf though because it isn't the right direction to take. The lesser used DD's / weapon types need to be brought up to par rather than just 1 of the top tier DD's brought down to their level.
    Well then maybe a direct nerf isn't what is required, maybe take out the necessity for tons of buffs and make the maximum damage ceiling still not be insane.... possibly by reducing it to 4 hit. You know that as soon as SE put real content in the game again that linkshells would be only accepting Ragnaroks, whether it's logical or not, most shell leaders are retards anyway. Just like the Qilin shouts that are asking for Relic/Emp only... it's fucking Qilin, it takes 90 seconds to kill anyway.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well then maybe a direct nerf isn't what is required, maybe take out the necessity for tons of buffs and make the maximum damage ceiling still not be insane.... possibly by reducing it to 4 hit. You know that as soon as SE put real content in the game again that linkshells would be only accepting Ragnaroks, whether it's logical or not, most shell leaders are retards anyway. Just like the Qilin shouts that are asking for Relic/Emp only... it's fucking Qilin, it takes 90 seconds to kill anyway.
    in all honesty thats not the WS problem but peoples mind. there is nothing that can change that. nerf reso and people will just start shouting for UF VS or upheavals etc. all you would do with a nerf is make an good (not excellent) WS mediocore or worse. Your gripe with reso is not justified. If your abutthurt ukon user deal with it, brcause there is no reason to be. I should be butthurt about my 5 year old bravura too but im not, because things come and go with the game allways evolving and my brava still has its use.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In the end the only way you can really "fix" this is to gimp the harder DDs jas/traits/gear/buffs etc that allow them to do such good damage with decent ws. While there ws are often a bit better it's not the ws stats itself that are so much better as the weapons being used and the job behind them... and the external buffs. I mean would war even use resolution if it didn't have ragnarok? That said iirc they were adjust 1h to be more like 2h so maybe that will help?

Well, yeah, now that MNK and THF can sub WAR and not worry about getting floored in any content done today, and that THF doesn't need NIN sj for DW now it will help NIN THF DNC MNK sure. But I think Reso could still need a little adjusting (no necessity to use the term nerf). Really then... the only job that is completely dicked is DRG because they have to choose between 10% DA/Berserk and 10% JA Haste, DRK being fine with sufficient attack and LR/DB to use either SJ. I'm not saying it's 5minutes work, but I think DD jobs could be balanced to within 5%~ damage of one another if they really wanted to.

Old Merits
    BG Level

People still whining about resolution's power when a 99 ukon will still beat it in pretty much all situations outside of 2hr, even with capped attack.

The devs have already said they are changing the way new high level content works in a whole bunch of different ways so stating (incorrectly) resolution is overpowered in any way is going to be shortlived.

And yes, adjusting resolution in any way that makes it do less damage is a nerf, jesusfuck

You're missing the point where it's easier and cheaper to make a Rag 99 (availability of items and esp if farming marrows) than a 99 Ukon for one. You're right, people throw Rags at shit because a DRG can do the same damage, it's not overpowered at all. I don't think all adjustments are necessarily nerfs, the RNG nerf was a NERF, but slightly reducing max damage is a tweak....

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

How about we just bitch to s/e to buff all jobs and weaponskills to be as strong as each other so everyone can stop bitching about other jobs and their weaponskills?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Any direct adjustment is a nerf, any indirect adjustments could also be called nerfs. You can define the word by your own set of parameters if you choose, it would still be a nerf. The point remains that resolution isn't some instant win WS and in most cases isn't even optimal.

99 Ukon is like 25-33% more expensive to buy every stage (you don't have to buy every stage) than it is to 99 Rag, and there are plenty plates/cinders/dross around if you are actually looking.