BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 657 of 710 FirstFirst ... 607 647 655 656 657 658 659 667 707 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheDangerousDave View Post
    You're missing the point where it's easier and cheaper to make a Rag 99 (availability of items and esp if farming marrows) than a 99 Ukon for one. You're right, people throw Rags at shit because a DRG can do the same damage, it's not overpowered at all. I don't think all adjustments are necessarily nerfs, the RNG nerf was a NERF, but slightly reducing max damage is a tweak....
    if your argument is how it is easier to get Rag 99 then ukon 99, how about conqueror then? shit is harder to get and does less dmg then both of them. AGAIN Resolution is not more powerfull then ukyos. if you want a Resolution nerf then ukyos fury needs another nerf too. You still arent seeing the point that Resolution only works when decked out totally, if people would buff specificly for ukyos it would be insane not on par with resolution how it is now. All I am hearing of your arguments is how your are butthurt that your weapon has gotten some competition (while your weapon still is one of the best, just not in every situation).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TheDangerousDave View Post
    You're missing the point where it's easier and cheaper to make a Rag 99 (availability of items and esp if farming marrows) than a 99 Ukon for one. You're right, people throw Rags at shit because a DRG can do the same damage, it's not overpowered at all. I don't think all adjustments are necessarily nerfs, the RNG nerf was a NERF, but slightly reducing max damage is a tweak....
    Think you're kinda missing the point. The difference in time and money between is small. Then you start arguing jobs not ws again. Then you start playing semantics games. From a pure stats look resolution is only about 3rd when it comes to merit ws. Hell ruinator is so much better that despite having to use a weapon with 50 less base dmg and lower pdif caps it does almost as much dmg at 100% and actually does more with MS up and that's when you are capping att with resolutions att penalty if you are making use of ruinators att boost it's no contest between the 2 on the same job. But lol axe war right? Stardiver isn't much behind resolution either but loldrg and it's gear selection. Last stand is way better but lolrng

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Congratulations to Hapa and Warusha of BooBaDooBaDoop (Phoenix server) on Aegis and Laevateinn.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img593/3820/relicss.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img152/7325/mythics.jpg

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Stardiver isn't much behind resolution either but loldrg and it's gear selection.
    I'm not all that informed about other jobs(Non-DRG DD) gear, But I didn't think DRG particularly suffered from gear deficiencies anymore. I was under the impression it was more a lack of native buff JA issue.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    I'm not all that informed about other jobs gear, But I didn't think DRG particularly suffered from gear deficiencies anymore. I was under the impression it was more a lack of native buff JA issue.
    pretty much. DRG would be scary if it had a native haste or attack buff that wasnt spirit surge

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    I'm not all that informed about other jobs(Non-DRG DD) gear, But I didn't think DRG particularly suffered from gear deficiencies anymore. I was under the impression it was more a lack of native buff JA issue.
    You're mostly right but it's that combined with the atk penalties on ws that truly hurt drg the most.
    Drakesbane was theoretically the most powerful ws in the game for years on paper but noone could figure out why it was so much weaker in practice until SE accidentally let it slip that there was an atk penalty.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It's cool, just ignore me. BLM mythic requires less work than DRG and SAM anyways. :/

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Warusha View Post
    It's cool, just ignore me. BLM mythic requires less work than DRG and SAM anyways. :/
    ROFL, tou'che sir

for some reason i saw laevatinn and thought summoner. I look forward to seeing your dmg at 99

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    ROFL, tou'che sir

for some reason i saw laevatinn and thought summoner. I look forward to seeing your dmg at 99
    Congrats on your old man staff of orange orb! (off topic) Shep you blew up them dildos yet? i want a video of cocks flying everywhere!

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lol, soon, very soon

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Warusha View Post
    Congratulation!

Now go make 5 BLM mules

Campaign
    BG Level

Whooooo! Galkas & Horns! Could you ask for more?

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/8724/f...7014149.th.png

What makes this particularly funny is that it took me a little over 15 months to complete this relic.
    That's right, not a typo. Is this the slowest relic ever lol?
    To be fair:
    1) I've hardly played during 2012
    2) I've helped people farming their relic but they deactivated after completing theirs, so didn't help back when it was my turn
    3) Lent 12x 100 Byne Bills to a friend, Elmario, almost an year ago, but so far he has refused to return them... had to re-farm all of them.
    4) Farmed completely solo (no db or anything) and bought "only" ~10 mils of currency (whenever I was finding something particularly cheap)

Many thanks to a lot of people. Sydok for the loan and especially Rutek for all the help he has given me from the beginning 'til now.
    Now to get those 75 Apa horns...

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Given people regularly took years to build relics before the dynamis change I don't think you're going to be in the record books

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Whooooo! Galkas & Horns! Could you ask for more?

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/8724/f...7014149.th.png

What makes this particularly funny is that it took me a little over 15 months to complete this relic.
    That's right, not a typo. Is this the slowest relic ever lol?
    To be fair:
    1) I've hardly played during 2012
    2) I've helped people farming their relic but they deactivated after completing theirs, so didn't help back when it was my turn
    3) Lent 12x 100 Byne Bills to a friend, Elmario, almost an year ago, but so far he has refused to return them... had to re-farm all of them.
    4) Farmed completely solo (no db or anything) and bought "only" ~10 mils of currency (whenever I was finding something particularly cheap)

Many thanks to a lot of people. Sydok for the loan and especially Rutek for all the help he has given me from the beginning 'til now.
    Now to get those 75 Apa horns...
    I feel like this post should be in random fail instead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it's the same person that I'm thinking of, when I asked them for double march, they refused saying "you attack fast enough".

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why would you make a Horn before 99ing Daurdbala.

Give the guy a break, jeez

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The price to take a harp from 90 to 99 is just over double what it takes to build an entire ghorn at current values (5500 Twhites 6500 Bynes 6500 Bronze. - 87,550,000 vs 75,000 plates 1,200,000 cinders - 184,500,000.) That could be one reason entirely why one would hold off on 1 extra song when you could get something else in the mean time (assuming that your ls is still upgrading relics to 99.) that would be beneficial in the long run to go along with his 90 harp that is in the process of being complete if his post is anything to go off of.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The price to take a harp from 90 to 99 is just over double what it takes to build an entire ghorn at current values (5500 Twhites 6500 Bynes 6500 Bronze. - 87,550,000 vs 75,000 plates 1,200,000 cinders - 184,500,000.) That could be one reason entirely why one would hold off on 1 extra song when you could get something else in the mean time (assuming that your ls is still upgrading relics to 99.) that would be beneficial in the long run to go along with his 90 harp that is in the process of being complete if his post is anything to go off of.
    Well first, you forgot that a Horn is worthless without 99, so you need to add another 50m to that in Marrows. Also 90 Daurb is much more useful than 99 Horn, could just pay someone to merc horns for you to get 90 Daurb and be in much better shape.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Given people regularly took years to build relics before the dynamis change I don't think you're going to be in the record books
    Uhm... probably I used the wrong words.
    I wasn't trying to look "special" or to put my name in any record book.
    If anything I was trying to make some self-deprecating humour.
    In spite of how easy it is to complete a relic these days, I found it ironic how it proved to be such a long and laborious goal to achieve for a player like me.
    Sorry if I passed the wrong impression.

@Diomer
    Might as well! I feel worthy of that! :D

@Falaras
    Well I'm working on Daubla 99, as you can see from my FFXI profile. Will I ever get there? Who knows... Hope it won't take as much as my horn! :D
    Why horn before Daubla? No particular reason other than the fact I've always been dreaming about Horn since when I was level 75, and the inventory +10 space.
    It makes me happy, that's enough for now.