WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

either fake or banned

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    How many times are we gonna hear you say that? lol See you soon?
    Twice i would assume because thats the ammount I've said it? Thanks for the understanding of what silly is to me though. I mean living in korea, only having a couple of friends that play, (they dont live in korea), and the fact that if i get 1~2 hrs a day to play, id like to accomplish something, which, given the previously stated factors means i cant accomplish much(if anything) in XI, it became silly. Now ask me if i bad mouthed the game i spent 10 years playing. Cause i haven't.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Time to ungimp.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Start with a new weapon.

Campaign
    BG Level

Whoaaa! Who could have guess this day would have actually come o.O

http://s27.postimg.org/fa4pcmom7/ffx...7_20_15_23.jpg

I feel like I'm under drugs atm <3 I want to hug the world <3

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Looks like you're holding a taru-sized Excalibur. Grats.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Whoaaa! Who could have guess this day would have actually come o.O

http://s27.postimg.org/fa4pcmom7/ffx...7_20_15_23.jpg

I feel like I'm under drugs atm <3 I want to hug the world <3
    grats!

hmmm alexandrites in a month?

Campaign
    BG Level

It's been pretty fast once I started gathering Alex yeah.
    2 months max I guess? I was surprised I finished Alex before Einherjar >.>
    Overall it's been a pretty pretty fast weapon for me, at least for my standards. Took me longer to solo-fund my Horn or getting Harp to 90, let alone 99 which took me another 1,5 year lol

Kinda broke on Gil atm, and no real ways to make as much as I made when Delve 2 came out =/

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Twice i would assume because thats the ammount I've said it? Thanks for the understanding of what silly is to me though. I mean living in korea, only having a couple of friends that play, (they dont live in korea), and the fact that if i get 1~2 hrs a day to play, id like to accomplish something, which, given the previously stated factors means i cant accomplish much(if anything) in XI, it became silly. Now ask me if i bad mouthed the game i spent 10 years playing. Cause i haven't.

You can't get things done in Korea? O.O

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not the kind of stuff i would like to do (delve grind, AA grind, nyzul/ichor, etc.) There just wasnt hardly any english speaking players beyond the 2-3 folks i knew. Is what it is. And draylo's probably right, i may come back and play again 2/4 accounts are still active/paid, but when i get 2-3 hrs to play on a random night, well... i just dont feel like putting in the effort to try and gather non english speaking players.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

theres an absolute fuckton of alex <9k on asura, I got 30k in 3 days looking for about 2 hours a night

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    theres an absolute fuckton of alex <9k on asura, I got 30k in 3 days looking for about 2 hours a night
    i call it the "hak's-effect"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

People have been desperate enough to shout sub 8K on Siren lol. Empyreans are by and large the hardest of the 3 to make anymore. Was pretty close price-wise back in the 99 era but it's like night and day now. Mythics still take a long time due to all the other crap though.

Campaign
    BG Level

Empyreans... well, the Rifcinder path is really expensive, and getting 1500 plates is a pain.
    Alex may be easier to get now (there's a really good supply on the market) but the other steps still take a lot of time. I was lucky that I had most of that shit already done when I decided to start on Carns.
    I also got superlucky because I started going crazy buying alex when there was the double salvo plans campaign going on.
    More people doing salvo > More alex on the market > Lower prices.

Bought quite a lot for 8k or lower, and had 3-4 people doing Salvo everyday and selling only to me.
    I hardly farmed Salvo myself, really not enough time sadly.

To give an example, before the campaign a lot of people were selling for over 9k gil and I was buying for 8700 (which was cheap at the time).
    After the campaign even the more adamant people had to lower their prices to 8,5k and it became easy to find alex for 8k or even lower.
    Got really lucky, started to hunt for alex at the "right" time I guess.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Empyreans... well, the Rifcinder path is really expensive, and getting 1500 plates is a pain.
    Alex may be easier to get now (there's a really good supply on the market) but the other steps still take a lot of time. I was lucky that I had most of that shit already done when I decided to start on Carns.
    I also got superlucky because I started going crazy buying alex when there was the double salvo plans campaign going on.
    More people doing salvo > More alex on the market > Lower prices.

Bought quite a lot for 8k or lower, and had 3-4 people doing Salvo everyday and selling only to me.
    I hardly farmed Salvo myself, really not enough time sadly.

To give an example, before the campaign a lot of people were selling for over 9k gil and I was buying for 8700 (which was cheap at the time).
    After the campaign even the more adamant people had to lower their prices to 8,5k and it became easy to find alex for 8k or even lower.
    Got really lucky, started to hunt for alex at the "right" time I guess.
    I don't think double plans campaign was the reason of the price drop, its outdated gear and for me and all the ppl I know... have been done w/ salvage 2.0 gear before adoulin was even released, So probably just less ppl doing Mythic, more ppl still doing salvage, so the supply is "high", been farming salvage/selling alex even before the "entry nerf" when alex were selling for 15k(a year and a half ago?), non stop, and during the others double drop campaigns alex price didn't drop...

either way I farm ~1800 alex per week(2 run/account per day), in the past 2 months or so I've been selling them to a friend that will be done early next week, I sold them most of the time for 8-8.5k when they were going for 9-10k, the "good thing" for me, that I will be able to buy back most of them coz thats the current price now, in theory I'm at 15k/30k~,@60480 ichor still need 17 Einherjar, @60k tokens 15 Nyzul runs w/ at least 6k tokens that seems really easy to get.

the good part of Carn is that even/when SE increase ilvl cap... it wont matter for bard... unless a Skirmish dagger gets an augment with "Increases Song duration by 60%". lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I think all the "luxuary currency" (Dyna, Alex, Wailing +2, Airlix +2) falling in price happened just after Fish NPC sale nerf.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Implying all the RMT or other people that botted moved on to those things? Or perhaps people have less money to throw around so the prices drop? Both? I think it's just supply and demand really, there's less people that still need Rank 15 delve II, less people still working on mythic number X, etc. But I'm sure it's a lot of other factors too.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

lol Sechs that dagger is so tiny in galka hand.

I think all the "luxuary currency" (Dyna, Alex, Wailing +2, Airlix +2) falling in price happened just after Fish NPC sale nerf.
    Def not, the alex started dropping when everyone and their goldfish spams salvage due to 3 person requirement being abolished. Airlixr after SE nerfed the crap out of Delve.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Alex were still going strong at 9-10k for a while on Siren even after the 3 man entry removal. I mean people were using mules etc to get around that anyway. Airlixers took a while to drop in price and actually went up quite a lot after Delve II came out. Was only recently that they started to go back down again.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    its outdated gear and for me and all the ppl I know...
    Aside from a couple of exceptions which are still viable today, yes.
    But the thing is that people were getting like, further incentives, further motivations to go there and farm alex and, at the same time, obtain gear for fashion, /lockstyle and what not.
    I know for instance I completed a few pieces for that reason. I'm pretty sure other people did the same.
    Granted this didn't DOUBLE or TRIPLE the amount of people doing salvage, but i'm pretty sure it increased the amount of alex on the market, at least on my server.

the good part of Carn is that even/when SE increase ilvl cap... it wont matter for bard... unless a Skirmish dagger gets an augment with "Increases Song duration by 60%". lol
    Well at least for the duration part, totally. And given how the best ilevel dagger we got so far gives what, 6%? I think it's unlikely to see a dagger with >50%.
    But atm Carns has other uses too. Nice DD weapon, nice AM1, and like what, best macc for debuff too I think? Overall pretty nice toy even aside of the main thing (duration)