FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You can cast songs way more often than weaponskilling or shield bashing, bro

unbalanced

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know we can't have one item glowing more often then the others!!! Especially when the other ones actually do something when they glow!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Aegis gives afterglow -5mdt... for 30 sec after shield bash.

G-horn laughs at you. Like seriously the only difference between 99 and 99 II is they move the "all songs +4" down onto a 3rd row in the item description while the regular 99 crams it in on the 2nd row... why they even did that I have no idea
    -5mdt for 30 sec, ahahaha holy shit I wouldnt even surprised if the afterglow wont surpass the MDT cap for the players that are around you. Thats some really shit afterglow right there. but then again SE said afterglow are just for the looks and offer little to no bonus.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Pathetic as it may be, lets all keep in mind that people creating an afterglow know exactly why they're doing it, and for all intents and purposes, it serves its purpose well.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Pathetic as it may be, lets all keep in mind that people creating an afterglow know exactly why they're doing it, and for all intents and purposes, it serves its purpose well.
    making people angry?

now i can't figure out what the most offensive afterglow would be. useless mythic? horn/harp? or claustrum?

nvm, daurdabla deffo #1 most offensive

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I'd say the best afterglow troll would be a 100% useless emp like polearm or scythe. The instruments themselves are useful, so those aren't much different from making a glow relic that doesn't use it's ws (spharai, rag, etc.) A lot of mythics are bad, but even than they're still an accomplishment of sorts for people that are super hardcore about a job. Emps like spear just make no sense in any regard, and unlike a claustrum, the troll is not quite as obvious.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    -5mdt for 30 sec, ahahaha holy shit I wouldnt even surprised if the afterglow wont surpass the MDT cap for the players that are around you. Thats some really shit afterglow right there. but then again SE said afterglow are just for the looks and offer little to no bonus.
    Aegis' Afterglow MDT doesn't break cap. Making it even sadder. Testing http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108...=1#post5356602

My name is Not Sure
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks to everyone who helped me out!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wanted to wait until it was 99 to post it. Bandwagonarok go! (Yes, I know I need Armada Hauberk; working on it)

Banned.

BG Level

Sucks that UF/VS were nerfed in no time when Reso is allowed to keep being overpowered for so long.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is it that overpowered? Not being an ass, that's been one of my fears is it will get nerfed, but doesn't ukko's, catastrophe, new marksman WS come comparably closer ? I guess I just haven't seen how much it out parses other WS's

Quote Originally Posted by diasetsu View Post
    Isn't that all that pchan's Spharai are for? Unless he actually uses Final Heaven. 90% or more of the time 99+ R/E/M are just for "hey I glow" since aftermaths overwrites Afterglow.
    Not sure if someone corrected this, but afterglow does NOT apply to the wielder, thus contradicting this partially or entirely depending on how you look at it.

Fixing face. I didnt realise person was using it with others who actually need / desire their relic ws.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TheDangerousDave View Post
    Sucks that UF/VS were nerfed in no time when Reso is allowed to keep being overpowered for so long.
    Yeah but they are still competetive with resolution after the nerf... you can also look at stat wise resolution is fairly comparable to other merit ws. Just uses a bigger weapon on more offensive jobs and it's stat mod is str. While UF/VS literally had twice the crit rate of any other ws in the game on the 2 jobs in the game best at boosting their crit rates

a p. sweet dude
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah but they are still competetive with resolution after the nerf... you can also look at stat wise resolution is fairly comparable to other merit ws. Just uses a bigger weapon on more offensive jobs and it's stat mod is str. While UF/VS literally had twice the crit rate of any other ws in the game on the 2 jobs in the game best at boosting their crit rates
    Which other weaponskills have a 100% STR mod with fTP transfer across all five hits? Ukko's crit rate was ridiculous, but Victory Smite didn't deserve the nerf bat beating it got.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TheDangerousDave View Post
    resolution is only good when you have a miriad of buffs on you, with no buffs it actually sucks ¬.¬ attack penalty, and is definitly not so OP as olde UF, only with mighty strikes on yes

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Which other weaponskills have a 100% STR mod with fTP transfer across all five hits? Ukko's crit rate was ridiculous, but Victory Smite didn't deserve the nerf bat beating it got.
    Ruinator does and it has an att boost instead of penalty and it has a lot higher ftp. Though that argument doesn't disagree with what I said. They all have 100% mod just that one is slightly better because it's str. Though same argument goes for empyrean since they all got 60% but those 2 got str. Also the ftp transfer is actually hurts you at 100% and pretty much a wash at 200%. Before getting too much back into the old nerf drama VS used to have a much higher crit rate then anything else besides ukko's that was usable. Now they probably should've only nerfed the 200 and 300% values but you gotta admit a ws getting 60% crit rate when the next best one gets 35% is a tad unbaranced.

a p. sweet dude
    BG Level

Axes have half the base damage of great swords; Ruinator is hardly comparable. Victory Smite and Ukko's Fury had high crit rates because they're Empyrean weapon skills. They *should* be better than everything else (as should Relic weapon skills...). The attack penalty is mitigated by Berserk/Last Resort. For the record:

Ukko’s Fury
    Before adjustment: 30%/50%/80%
     ↓
    Test server version: 15%/25%/40%
    Victory Smite
    Before adjustment: 15%/30%/60%
     ↓
    Test server version: 10%/20%/35%

Ukko's crit rate was redonkulous and needed an adjustment, but there was no need to crush Victory Smite like that. 15/30/45 would have been fine.

Edit: Woops, those weren't the final adjusted values.

Ukko's: 20/35/55
    Victory Smite: 10/25/45

Victory Smite ended up getting it worse than Ukko's.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

True true. Though as said without att buffs it sucks. I generally do higher ruinators as a bst/dnc then wars or drks doing resolutions next to me with those weapons that half the base dmg. Well now you are talking weapons not ws. I mean if war couldn't use ragnarok I doubt anyone would even care as much about it. How about last stand. Much higher base dmg weapon 100% mod replicating ftp. Granted only 2 hits but over double the ftp per hit also higher ratio/pdif caps. At least as good a ws. But it's on rng so no one cares

Also note that the next best ws I was talking about is another emyprean ws. VS and ukkos had higher crit rates then Hi and chant at higher tps. That's why they got their crit rates adjusted to be more like the other empyrean ws.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, resolution is pretty much only a super high buff or drk ws.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Stardiver. 4 hits, not 5, higher ftp, no attack penalty, polearms have higher base dmg.