CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fred Gimyajan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wanted to wait until it was 99 to post it. Bandwagonarok go! (Yes, I know I need Armada Hauberk; working on it)

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/fredj...0_original.jpg

Sucks that UF/VS were nerfed in no time when Reso is allowed to keep being overpowered for so long.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is it that overpowered? Not being an ass, that's been one of my fears is it will get nerfed, but doesn't ukko's, catastrophe, new marksman WS come comparably closer ? I guess I just haven't seen how much it out parses other WS's

Quote Originally Posted by diasetsu View Post
    Isn't that all that pchan's Spharai are for? Unless he actually uses Final Heaven. 90% or more of the time 99+ R/E/M are just for "hey I glow" since aftermaths overwrites Afterglow.
    Not sure if someone corrected this, but afterglow does NOT apply to the wielder, thus contradicting this partially or entirely depending on how you look at it.

Fixing face. I didnt realise person was using it with others who actually need / desire their relic ws.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TheDangerousDave View Post
    Sucks that UF/VS were nerfed in no time when Reso is allowed to keep being overpowered for so long.
    Yeah but they are still competetive with resolution after the nerf... you can also look at stat wise resolution is fairly comparable to other merit ws. Just uses a bigger weapon on more offensive jobs and it's stat mod is str. While UF/VS literally had twice the crit rate of any other ws in the game on the 2 jobs in the game best at boosting their crit rates

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah but they are still competetive with resolution after the nerf... you can also look at stat wise resolution is fairly comparable to other merit ws. Just uses a bigger weapon on more offensive jobs and it's stat mod is str. While UF/VS literally had twice the crit rate of any other ws in the game on the 2 jobs in the game best at boosting their crit rates
    Which other weaponskills have a 100% STR mod with fTP transfer across all five hits? Ukko's crit rate was ridiculous, but Victory Smite didn't deserve the nerf bat beating it got.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

resolution is only good when you have a miriad of buffs on you, with no buffs it actually sucks ¬.¬ attack penalty, and is definitly not so OP as olde UF, only with mighty strikes on yes

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Which other weaponskills have a 100% STR mod with fTP transfer across all five hits? Ukko's crit rate was ridiculous, but Victory Smite didn't deserve the nerf bat beating it got.
    Ruinator does and it has an att boost instead of penalty and it has a lot higher ftp. Though that argument doesn't disagree with what I said. They all have 100% mod just that one is slightly better because it's str. Though same argument goes for empyrean since they all got 60% but those 2 got str. Also the ftp transfer is actually hurts you at 100% and pretty much a wash at 200%. Before getting too much back into the old nerf drama VS used to have a much higher crit rate then anything else besides ukko's that was usable. Now they probably should've only nerfed the 200 and 300% values but you gotta admit a ws getting 60% crit rate when the next best one gets 35% is a tad unbaranced.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Axes have half the base damage of great swords; Ruinator is hardly comparable. Victory Smite and Ukko's Fury had high crit rates because they're Empyrean weapon skills. They *should* be better than everything else (as should Relic weapon skills...). The attack penalty is mitigated by Berserk/Last Resort. For the record:

Ukko’s Fury
    Before adjustment: 30%/50%/80%
     ↓
    Test server version: 15%/25%/40%
    Victory Smite
    Before adjustment: 15%/30%/60%
     ↓
    Test server version: 10%/20%/35%

Ukko's crit rate was redonkulous and needed an adjustment, but there was no need to crush Victory Smite like that. 15/30/45 would have been fine.

Edit: Woops, those weren't the final adjusted values.

Ukko's: 20/35/55
    Victory Smite: 10/25/45

Victory Smite ended up getting it worse than Ukko's.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

True true. Though as said without att buffs it sucks. I generally do higher ruinators as a bst/dnc then wars or drks doing resolutions next to me with those weapons that half the base dmg. Well now you are talking weapons not ws. I mean if war couldn't use ragnarok I doubt anyone would even care as much about it. How about last stand. Much higher base dmg weapon 100% mod replicating ftp. Granted only 2 hits but over double the ftp per hit also higher ratio/pdif caps. At least as good a ws. But it's on rng so no one cares

Also note that the next best ws I was talking about is another emyprean ws. VS and ukkos had higher crit rates then Hi and chant at higher tps. That's why they got their crit rates adjusted to be more like the other empyrean ws.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, resolution is pretty much only a super high buff or drk ws.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Stardiver. 4 hits, not 5, higher ftp, no attack penalty, polearms have higher base dmg.

Well, the problem was never so much that the weaponskill was overpowered, the problem was when it got to only using MNK and WAR as they were the best DDs and that is the problem we have today where everyone throws WARs (yeah still) and DRKs at things (Legion, ADL, etc). Not to say I ever believe the game will be 100% balanced but there should be no offensive difference between WAR/DRK/DRG/SAM, and don't get me wrong, MNK is ridiculous compared to THF NIN PUP BLU too....

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Well, the problem was never so much that the weaponskill was overpowered, the problem was when it got to only using MNK and WAR as they were the best DDs and that is the problem we have today where everyone throws WARs (yeah still) and DRKs at things (Legion, ADL, etc). Not to say I ever believe the game will be 100% balanced but there should be no offensive difference between WAR/DRK/DRG/SAM, and don't get me wrong, MNK is ridiculous compared to THF NIN PUP BLU too....
    Had nothing to do with the weaponskills (Ukko's crit rate was ridiculous, though) and everything to do with the content. Victory Smite got hit harder than Ukko's Fury did, MNK is and always has been a weaker zerg job than WAR, and everything in endgame now has an absurd resistance to critical hits anyway. Victory Smite's (and Ukko's, to a lesser extend) treatment was completely a-typical for how this sort of thing is usually handled. Normally when Square wants to nerf something, they just make everything resistant to it moving forward. Souleater, Atonement (because this was so overpowered right?), and critical hits (I'm sure there are more examples, but I haven't played as long as most of you probably have). Nerfing the weaponskills on top of that is bizarre to me, and crushing the weaker of the two weaponskills on the weaker of the two jobs was, to me, utterly unjustified.

MNK has been treated pretty unfairly for a while, in my opinion. It's in the unfortunate position of being stuck in limbo between being a one-handed DD or a two-handed DD. It has the delay of a two-handed, but the stats and damage formulas of a one-hander. No native attack boost (good luck keeping a reasonable Impetus bonus up in Legion or even some high level VW fights), and it gets fucked with Aftermath/hidden effects/additional effects only proccing on the main fist. It still can't even equip anything in the Sub slot. Do the one-handers (and DRG) need a buff? Yeah, but so does MNK, honestly.

Edit: This is way the hell off topic though, so I'll just leave my thoughts here and let everyone get back to posting Ragnaroks and Guttlers.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

MNK has been treated pretty unfairly for a while, in my opinion. It's in the unfortunate position of being stuck in limbo between being a one-handed DD or a two-handed DD. It has the delay of a two-handed, but the stats and damage formulas of a one-hander.
    wat

What two handed DD has between 163-183 Delay weapons, and what one handed DD has between a 93-103 DMG weapon?

Old Merits
    BG Level

MNK has been treated pretty unfairly for a while, in my opinion. It's in the unfortunate position of being stuck in limbo between being a one-handed DD or a two-handed DD. It has the delay of a two-handed, but the stats and damage formulas of a one-hander. No native attack boost (good luck keeping a reasonable Impetus bonus up in Legion or even some high level VW fights), and it gets fucked with Aftermath/hidden effects/additional effects only proccing on the main fist. It still can't even equip anything in the Sub slot. Do the one-handers (and DRG) need a buff? Yeah, but so does MNK, honestly.

Edit: This is way the hell off topic though, so I'll just leave my thoughts here and let everyone get back to posting Ragnaroks and Guttlers.
    What the tits are you on about, aside from one handed level correction mnk is pretty well balanced with other heavy DD, so is blu even. SE have said they are addressing the only accurate point you made.

Ukon war is still one of the all around strongest DDs in the game.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

no one should pity mnk

if you wanna pity mnk, then u should also pity nin (drk and nin my main since like before abyssea)

mnk and nin shined in abyssea so stop complaining :X for 9 months 2H aside from war is pretty useless in abyssea

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is Ragnarok still very strong? I figured they would nerf it by now or something

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Is Ragnarok still very strong? I figured they would nerf it by now or something
    Nope, hasn't been nerfed. And my guess is that if anything, it'd be Resolution that would be nerfed, and not the weapon.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

SE doesn't usually nerf equipment directly. I can only remember, on the top of my head, Burattinatios going from 10 automaton regain to 1, and Bruiser's Earring gaining -10 Subtle Blow on top fo its +3 H2H skill.