+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Anybody know when the turn-by-turn gps is supposed to be coming out? I know they demo'd it and announced a summer release, but havent heard anything since the apple conference

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Street View Post
    Anyone try iTypeFastr? I love it. Free to try for 20days, i ended up buying it after.

So happy it was recently updated to work with 3.0.

iTypeFastR - type faster and with less typos on your iPhone

http://thebigboss.org/wp-content/upl.../cydia_121.png
    Hmm, how is this supposed to make you type faster? Looks pretty complicated lol.

think the letters u use more common are larger so decreases mistakes, anyway anyone mind uploading a list of recommended apps thats more upto date? the old threads are 6 months old now

DAKPluto

The thing that makes that app dumb, is technically the phone already does that in real time. You don't "see" it, but it auto adjust the sensitivity of the letters based off the built in dictionary as you are typing.

If you type: Padlo the C will have a much larger area than you can see, and the XDFV around it are almost impossible to hit, making it easier to finish "padlock" without a mistake. It does turn this off automatically on anything it recognizes as a "password" field, since it knows that most likely will not follow the dictionary.

Another question, how much does your memory idle at for yalls iPhone 3G?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I am eligible for an upgrade with ATT and I am so sick of my current phone, plus don't have an iPod. Now I can get a 16gig refurbed 3G but I don't want to pay for the unlimited Data plan, since I don't text and don't surf the internet on my phone ect (I would, I just don't want to pay for it).

Is it possible for me to get the phone and still use it with out this data plan? I've been told no, but from searching online it seems it is. I just want to get a definite answer before buying something I can't use, ATT will just tell me I have no choice but to get the plan regardless. I mainly want it for the MP3 player since it's a steal for a 16gig @99$ plus it doubles as a phone

Also, the data plan is 30$ a month right?

DAKPluto

Pretty sure the plan is required, unless you jailbreak and unlock it. And yes, it is $30 a month for the data plan, no text plan.

LazyShell
    BG Level

I think its possible to get it without the data plan with a technique known as hacktivation. I'm not sure how one would go about this, but there is at least a word for you to google! (note: definitely not supported by ATT, you can't buy an iphone and not get a data plan from them).

edit: by supported by ATT, I mean its definitely not something you would get done for you at an ATT store or something. I dunno if you can do it with an ATT plan or not, but probably.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Trying jailbreaking one more time but something is wrong.

keep getting this

http://img18.imageshack.us/i/capturekmu.jpg/

Halp

trying to use 3.01 firmare

LazyShell
    BG Level

When that page comes up are you selecting the 3.0.1 firmware or the 3.0 firmware? I think you need to target the 3.0 firmware ipsw even though you are on 3.0.1 if thats not what you are doing. If you did though, I'm not sure.. I didn't have any problems.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

30$ a month doesn't even get you text o.O??

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alishe View Post
    Nope I think its $5 more for their cheapest text plan? Not sure... I don't have texting at all (I do so little of it, its cheaper).

I believe its possible to get some texting done through the data plan. There are AppStore apps for this, like TextPlus and some others which claim to offer free texting, at least outgoing (I'm not sure how/if this works). There are also Cydia apps, like biteSMS, which uses its own credit-based network thing.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    When that page comes up are you selecting the 3.0.1 firmware or the 3.0 firmware? I think you need to target the 3.0 firmware ipsw even though you are on 3.0.1 if thats not what you are doing. If you did though, I'm not sure.. I didn't have any problems.
    3.01 ill try 3.0 see what happens

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

sweet, its working thanks

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yeah, I pay 5$ a month and get 200 texts, most I've used in a month is 40.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Alishe View Post
    I posted all the pricing plan information on Page 3. Check it out

-> iPhone pricing plans

Sea Torques
    BG Level

This is page 3 for me

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I read if you turn of Edge Network or something and unlock the phone, you don't need the data plan. Going to see if that works, if not I'll just resell the phone and probably make some nice profit.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

IIRC, ATT's user agreement says they can tack on a data plan to your account if they find out you are using an iPhone with their service and not using a data plan. They say data is required for all iPhone service.

LazyShell
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure it is possible, especially of you've already got the phone and don't have to get it from AT&T/apple or something. Turning off edge/3g and unlocking sounds plausible and it's definitely worth a try. This phone is pretty sick even without data, especially if you can get access to Wi-Fi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast