• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I've been jailbreaking my friends' iphones lately and tried a 3GS, holy shit is it fast.... even for cydia.

I'm gonna have to break contract and upgrade from 3G...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I shoulda got the 32gig 3Gs Didn't think I was going to love the phone, or know that it could do soooo much.

Just ordered - Reflect Film

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Rumor mill crankin out hints at a 64Gig iPod Touch to battle the new zuneHD 32gig......... a 64Gig iphone 3GS would be my dream, i'm not willing to carry around 2 iThings at work. (I listen to music extensively)

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

icy solves all speed issues of cydia

DAKPluto

Icy though doesn't seem to be the best at having the latest version of everything though.

with jailbreak + pdanet can you tether iphone 3GS like you could the 3G?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Concluding that I rarely use data service portion of my iPhone plan, I cancelled my iPhone service and got a $20 phone to duck the early deactivation fee. After setting up my cheap phone, I took the SIM card from the cheap phone and put it into my iPhone. The iPhone is working fine for making calls and voice mail.  

Now my concern is making sure that the iPhone doesn't use any data service that I could be charged. I've turned off 3G and set email push/fetch to off. Is there anything else I could do to avoid my iPhone from using data services other than wifi? Also, how do I turn off EDGE?

Thanks in advance. 

anyone had an issue with the phone app where the small working icon is stuck next to it? nothing else is wrong just annoying to see it there all the time.\

edit: figured it out, updated backgrounder and it has the new option to show the little badge showing whats working in the background... so gay... lol

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Has anyone used Simplify Music 2? It's an app which allows you to stream music from your home PC to your iPhone. I'm trying to figure out how i will listen to my music (way more than 8 GB) on my iPhone and this seems like the best solution.

Alternatively, does anyone know a free way to do what I'm thinking?

anyone know where to get more themes for winterboard? the ones off cydia arent great best ones i liked so far are illumine and Wall-E

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I use carbon kill red and blue - I like them. Simple but cool.

DAKPluto

I like Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com personally to find themes.

I'm now using the iEllegance Complete and slightly modified it. 5row/5column. Just beatiful.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

How do I upload what I download from that site to my phone? one of the themes on there wont load up on cydia

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Spent most of tonight nerding it up over my newly acquired iPhone. Installed a bunch of apps and was intrigued with the 10 dollar 'intelliscreen' app. I didn't want to spend 10 dollars though, and it had serious memory hogging issues apparently and poor support, so I patched together this guy. Took awhile but now my lockscreen is exactly how I wanted it. For awhile I just had LockCalendar but that sucked compared to what I have now. I did have to drop 99 cents to get this Popup Blocker app to stop those obnoxious popups for sms and such which lock up your screen. If anyone wants I can upload the theme package with all the stuff I put into it, you will need to know how to open an ftp connection to drop them into your phone though and winterboard to load it with.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/attac...1&d=1252216322

DAKPluto

yeah....anything with Rockmyphone = fuck no.

But I do like your lock screen.

DAKPluto

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    How do I upload what I download from that site to my phone? one of the themes on there wont load up on cydia
    OpenSSH and WinSCP if on wifi.

To do it thru USB you need to use the iPhone Tunnel Suite.

DAKPluto

iTunes 9.0 out today: Safe to use with Jailbroken phone. No issues

iPhone Software 3.1 out today: DO NOT UPGRADE YET IF JAILBROKEN AND/OR UNLOCKED. Will post when redsn0w/yellowsn0w is updated.

iTunes: Some great new syncing features. Can choose to sync by artists or Genre now. No need to create a million playlists. Also to me, seems to be syncing faster.

Since I can't upgrade to 3.1 yet I haven't had a chance to try this out, but new feature of iTunes 9 + 3.1 is the ability to finally move the apps on your springboard within iTunes instead of just on your phone.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

cool

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I hope this fixes the wifi problems...

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

3g jailbreak update has been release if you haven't gotten it.

doesn't work on 3gs though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast