FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Word on the street is you can activate the keychain then deactivate it and keep your satchel. Problem is, once you link your account, you can't just hit that shortcut anymore as your account requires a non-savable SE password. So if you do even attempt to get the satchel, you're stuck typing a password for eternity. You can never unlink your POL account from your SE account once you've done it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just received my token yesterday by overnight mail, thanks the random drawing on Allakhazam. The Mog Satchel works as advertised, it's like a Mog Safe that you use while out in the field. The Satchel didn't activate immediately after I registered the token -- it was grayed-out at first, but after running around in the game a bit, I re-logged and it showed up.

Oh, and if you log-on through multiple computers, don't forget to change your settings in POL separately for each PC to enable the one-time password.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The only question I really care about:

If you link multiple PoL IDs to one SE account, I'm aware they can all use the same token. Do they all get the Mog Satchel?

If so, is it possible to de-activate the token for some of them but not all?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbers View Post
    The only question I really care about:

If you link multiple PoL IDs to one SE account, I'm aware they can all use the same token. Do they all get the Mog Satchel?

If so, is it possible to de-activate the token for some of them but not all?
    Yes they all get the mog satchel. No you can not deactivate 1 of them and not the other. The token is linked to your SE account, not your POL account. If you remove a POL account from your SE account, it gets deleted.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

lets say i have 3 POL ID, A B and C, linked to the SEA. Can I just use the token's 1 time pw for POL ID A, while leaving B and C out?

i ask this because 1 of the linked POL ID to my SEA is my cousin's account.....i dont want him to call me everyday -_-

if the above is no, my last resort is register token > get bag for all 3 ID > unregister token > toss token into bin > type in pw for eternity zzz

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    lets say i have 3 POL ID, A B and C, linked to the SEA. Can I just use the token's 1 time pw for POL ID A, while leaving B and C out?

i ask this because 1 of the linked POL ID to my SEA is my cousin's account.....i dont want him to call me everyday -_-

if the above is no, my last resort is register token > get bag for all 3 ID > unregister token > toss token into bin > type in pw for eternity zzz
    No. You either use it for all, or none.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

holy...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This may seem redundant but I have to ask because they "give" you the option of turning 1 time password field in POL on or not.

I have a WoW authenticator so i know how this works but I'm kind of confused why you would "have to" turn it on other than being able to insert the token password.

So say I get this and I link my POL account to the Token, and I go ahead and turn the "1 time password" field on. This enables me to type in a password using the token.

Are you able to log on with out the token on *other* PCs where you may not have turned the 1 time password field on? Or would it just give you an error saying Token password was wrong or something?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i believe it will have some pw input error, and you will have to switch it to "use" on this other PC

registering token to SEA = you have to turn on 1 time password for all account linked to the SEA, including all PC you may use(will need to turn 1 time pw to "use" in order to log in, in the future)

and if i interpreted izzy's post right, that also means register token > all get bag > all need token to log in forever and ever until you unregister the token (can throw token into bin) > account exposed again, because you need to manually key in SEA PW w/o a security token forever

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why'd you link his account to your SE account? SE accounts are to further enforce one person per account, to stop sharing and avoid many of the things that cause account vulnerability. He should have made his own SE account and linked his to it. You can never unlink it, and the security options aren't easily sharable with other people. One person can have multiple accounts under the rules. It's that an account isn't supposed to have multiple people using it.

"This may seem redundant but I have to ask because they "give" you the option of turning 1 time password field in POL on or not. "

That just tells POL Viewer whether or not to send that extra data for the token password. The server requires it for the account once it is enabled, so setting the client to not use it will return an invalid password error from the server. Setting the client has no effect on the requirement of the token, it just sets whether or not you can type anything into that field.

Also, it should be noted, I just tried to get a token for my account. The Japanese POL Viewer is returning an error saying they are sold out, and it asks for an email address for them to notify you when they have more. Any word on the NA and EU versions reporting this error?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

why cant i link my cousin's POL ID to mine because he only stay a few mile away from me?

btw cousin means irl cousin

not your so call internet friends

and you sound like a SE GM, yep me and cousin share accounts so dont ban me pls lol

j/k

anyway regarding your JP POL order thingy, im sure the system goes like this(and also for tidal talisman previously)

all tokens are in a central location and the order/shipping prolly go like this:

TOKEN STORE > JP SE > JP people > end JP order > leftover tokens go to NA and EU? SE > NA and EU people > left over stocks distributed across the SE HQs

and yes JP people have already got their token shipped or even recieved. maybe EU comes after NA? not sure abt that

NA should be getting theirs shipped within this week im sure so if your a JP or have a JP account, you prolly need to wait till the end of cycle

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

i believe it will have some pw input error, and you will have to switch it to "use" on this other PC

registering token to SEA = you have to turn on 1 time password for all account linked to the SEA, including all PC you may use(will need to turn 1 time pw to "use" in order to log in, in the future)

and if i interpreted izzy's post right, that also means register token > all get bag > all need token to log in forever and ever until you unregister the token (can throw token into bin) > account exposed again, because you need to manually key in SEA PW w/o a security token forever
    You're absolutely right.

A lot of people are getting confused about enabling the one-time password option in POL. All enabling/disabling that option in POL does is tell the client to expect a one-time password. If you set it to enabled and you do not have a security keychain linked to your account, it won't let you login. The same goes for the other way around, if you have a security keychain linked to your account and you set it to "do not use", you will not be able to login.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vega Castro
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When ordering security token, does the name you list for the shipping and phone number have to match your POL account info? Or it doesn't matter?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Elites View Post
    When ordering security token, does the name you list for the shipping and phone number have to match your POL account info? Or it doesn't matter?
    Doesn't matter.

other than the winners of that contest, did anyone else receive their token in the mail yet?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I don't think so. You'd probley see a bunch of, "WAHH I CAN'T GET MINE TO WORK SOMETHING SOMETHING DEACTIVATE FOR SATCHEL" posts when people get them.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is anyone able to link SE and POL account lately?
    I get the "Maintenance - Please try again at later time" message for 4 days now when i try to log into my SE account.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just want to confirm that Izzy is spot on with getting the token to work with your account. Set mine up in the exact same way.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Is it possible to temporarily suspend using a token password or not? I'm getting the feeling not but I want to confirm.

The reason I ask is I'm taking my laptop overseas for a week and don't enormously want to take the token with me in case I lose it/bag gets lost or stolen etc but I'd like to use it at home.

So ideally I'd like to keep the generated password thing activated 90% of the time but be able to turn it off for travelling so I don't have to take the stupid token with me.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

once you close the one time password it can not be opened again. just hold it on you. its small im put my on my keychain it think