Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

GUIDE: Creating a Japanese Square Enix Members Account (still things to figure out)

1) Go here:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/

Pick Japanese as the region and language. They want the email address you want to link the account to, typed twice for confirmation. Type one in and submit. It cannot be a cell phone or PlayOnline email address. It cannot be an address used for an account from another region either.

2) Check your email and click the verification link.

3) You are now at a page that looks like this*:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...SEMembers1.png

Fields are:

Member ID - Using alphanumeric characters and symbols, please enter an ID within 4 to 16 characters.
    IDs are not case-sensitive.

Password - Using alphanumeric characters and symbols, please enter a password within 8 to 32 characters.
    Passwords are case-sensitive.
    You cannot use the following as passwords.
    -Any password made up of only letters, only numbers, or only symbols
    -The same text as your Square Enix ID
    -The same text as the characters before your e-mail address' @ sign.
    -Any text string with the same character repeated 3 times

Password verification - Type is again

Birthdate - YYYY/MM/DD
    Security question - For account recovery if you forget the password. Questions are: favorite food; favorite phrase/saying/etc; pet's name; your important day.** Limit of 16 characters. Must use full-width Roman characters if you use them, so you have to be in the Japanese IME. Otherwise you get an error.

Links at bottom are Submit on the left and Cancel on the right.

4) Submit and you get the next page, which verifies the information. Left link is Submit, right link is Go Back.

5) Next page is something about the Square Enix Crysta System, which has a user agreement. Left link is Submit, right link is Skip. I'm not sure what a Crysta account is needed for, but it looks like it has another registration form. This one asks for your gender, full name in kanji, furigana, and a mailing address (must be Japanese). I assume this is used for prize redepmtion somehow if they send you physical items. I don't think we need this.

6) You have to confirm you don't want to register for Crysta at this time. Left should be Yes, and right should be No.

7) Click the left link to go to the login page. Congratulations. Use your ID and password to log in.

8) To link your ID, follow the guide here:

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/72881...ken-guide.html

The links are in the same places, minus the Crysta stuff. Bottom link links your POL ID to your SE ID.

-----

*I use high contrast color override in my web browser to ease my headaches with how much I read off a computer screen. Pages will be in different colors for you. I simply force text to not be on a bright background and turn off background images, as I don't like reading off a lit lightbulb. There's also less visual clutter on the pages for me to sort through.

** This one I may not have gotten right. I'm pretty sure about the rest of the list, but this one was a lot more than I learned myself.

-----

If anyone can help me refine this, we can get people signed up that have importer accounts and want to use the token. The token costs 980 yen on your PlayOnline account, and can be paid for with WebMoney, as well as shipped to most countries.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

*I use high contrast color override in my web browser to ease my headaches with how much I read off a computer screen. Pages will be in different colors for you. I simply force text to not be on a bright background and turn off background images, as I don't like reading off a lit lightbulb. There's also less visual clutter on the pages for me to sort through.
    I love the effort and I tried to "bite my tongue" but I just had to state I didn't know Lynx ever made a graphical browser.

teehee...carry on

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3343

If you're struggling with deciphering words, this will become your best friend.

Don't forget to install a Japanese dictionary for it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh yeah, something RikaiChan, right? I forgot to get that again when I reinstalled my OS on my yearly cycle again. There's still some stuff I get translated funny now and then, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm actually using FireFox to take these. I've just got my whole OS set to use a similar color scheme. 7 hours a day for a year in IT classes reading black off of lit white caused migraines.

UPDATE:It looks like American and Japanese Member nicknames are shared, so you can't register a name already in use by any of the accounts. It's not letting me use the one I already used on my American account. It says it is already taken.

I've got this page seemingly dealt with now. I'm checking to see if there's any more data you need to fill out.

EDIT: Looks like I may have goofed, but I swear I got the link from the PlayOnline news to find the site to register at. It looks like there are two Members sites, with similar names and addresses. I got redirected by someone to go here, and pick to register an account in Japanese, when it prompts you to pick a region:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/

I'm archiving the work I already did just in case in this post. I'll update the new post ASAP.

Spoiler: show
    1) Go here:

https://member.square-enix.com/jp/ac...pre_member.php

They want the email address you want to link the account to. Type one in and submit. It cannot be a cell phone or PlayOnline email address.

2) Check your email and click the verification link.

3) You are now at a page that looks like this*:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ixMembers1.png

Fields with an * are required.

The first field is asking you to pick a login ID, which can be between 4 and 128 characters long, using both cases of letters, numbers, and some symbols.

The second field is a password to use, can be between 4 and 15 characters, and can be both letter cases and numbers.

The third field is password verification.

The fourth field seems to be a security question. Questions are, in order: Favorite food; favorite singer; favorite expression; favorite movie; pet's name; respected person; mother's family name; father's family name; favorite place to go; when you were a child, what you wanted to be when you grew up.**
    Scrolling down a bit you get:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ixMembers4.png

The next field is the answer to the security question. You can use half-width hiragana, full-width katakana, or full-width Roman alphabet, and a few symbols (・ ー 、 。 ? !). This means you have to enable the Japanese IME and type full width romaji for an answer to your question, basic English keyboard input won't work. (This step had me stuck for a while getting an unusable password error.)

After that seems to be your gender, male, then female. It says you cannot modify this later.

Next field is date of birth, in order of YYYY/MM/DD. It says you cannot modify this later.

Next is two fields are pulldowns. Images of the pulldowns follow:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ixMembers2.png

This is area of residence in Japan, mainly prefecture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ixMembers3.png

This is your current occupation. Options are, in order: Company employee/government worker; independent business/self-employed/liberal profession; stay-at-home father/mother; part-time job; junior college/vocational student; university/graduate student; senior high student; junior high student; elementary student; unemployed; other job.

Next shows the main email address for your account.

Next is a mobile email address, such as one for your cell phone.

The next three seem to be asking what news you want to receive via email from certain sources, for main mail, feature mail, and store mail. Choices are: PC and mobile mail address; PC address only; mobile address only; no email (only available for the last two)

After that seems to be asking what categories you would like to receive surveys in.

One more scroll down the screen:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ixMembers5.png

Asking what game consoles you have/use.

Member nickname (what you want to be seen as when other people see your account and avatar). Can be between 4 and 15 characters, and can use both letter cases, numbers, and symbols. Cannot be the same as your login ID or password. It likely must be unique, and conform to the usual rules of not being offensive. Cannot be changed later.

Avatar gender (Male, female). Cannot be changed later.

Now there's a CAPTCHA you have to type in. After that there's a user agreement, and below that a reset button on the left and a submit button on the right. This is as far as I can get and then the errors/notifications appear.

4) The next page confirms your registration information, if you get no errors. Left link at the bottom is Go Back, while right link is Submit.

5) Now it tells you you are registered and logs you in. You can click the Square Enix Members since 2005 image to go back to the main page and use the account. Congratulations!

-----

** This one I may not have gotten right. I'm pretty sure about the rest of the list, but this one was a lot more than I learned myself.

-----

If anyone can help me refine this, we can get people signed up that have importer accounts and want to use the token. The token costs 980 yen on your PlayOnline account, and can be paid for with WebMoney, as well as shipped to most countries.

Guide is complete for now. I think we have everything covered. I was able to link my POL ID to my SE ID and log in. I also found the token registration.