Closed Thread
Page 5 of 751 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    aduidarnenye

Spoiler: show
    When I was reading the first book I was almost jumping up and down when Ned Stark was killed because I thought it was such an out of this world move by an author to kill off his apparent main character (and kill him slightly off stage too). But after that I thought he started killing off too many characters, including most of the Starks and Lannisters.

The first couple of books are more like a really long prologue now. Who really is left now? Jaime, Jon (who is too emo for my tastes), Sansa (who almost everyone hates but I hope will become a really strong woman when she's grown up), the younger Stark girl (name forgotten at the moment), Tyrion (who seemed completely broken at the end of book four), and Dany (who has lost her focus out in the desert).

That female knight who apparently died at the end of book four was interesting but spent too much time in book four being depressed and wandering around without much focus.

I will admit that it has been a long time since I read the series so I will start reading it again in the next week to see who I am missing. Maybe if I read all the books in rapid succession it will give me a different perspective. I think the problem is I find the north and Dany bits much more interesting than the south bits and book four was all boring south bits? I can't remember at the moment. Will go re-read.

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

You might want to spoiler that... it's a pretty big plot point!

aduidarnenye

Ah, you're right. To be honest though, I have no idea how to do a spoiler tag and I have everything blocked by NoScript so none of the buttons ever work.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Bracket spoiler endbracket bracket /spoiler endbracket

aduidarnenye

Cheers, thanks. Rather simple and obvious when one thinks on it. Fixed it up.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Umm you should probably spoiler the part about someone dying too... just maybe

aduidarnenye

I assumed that anyone reading this thread this far would have read the first book by now! But perhaps you are right.

All the stuff in the south is important, and I was getting into the Dornish stuff. I think the characters I'm excited about are Bran and his frogmen. Bran, Rickon, Jon, and Arya are the only ones with their wolves still alive and I was hoping theres gonna be more focus on those characters.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Arya is my favorite character, especially the direction her character takes later in the series. I hope she reunites with grown up Nymeria after she becomes a Faceless and they go around killing everyone.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

A Song of Ice and Fire series has been my favorite fantasy series for a while now, and am really looking forward to the HBO series.

Who is everyone's favorite character? The most interesting character for me after Feast for Crows is Jamie. I used to absolutely hate him. But Martin has really turned him in another direction. I keep wondering if he will change into something more like the knights he admired when he was young like Arthur Dayne.

And I hope we get to know Garlan Tyrell more in future books.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by alt View Post
    Who is everyone's favorite character?
    Damn. That's a really hard one for me.

I like Jamie now for the exact same reasons, but I wouldn't really say he's a favorite (though it's close). I've come to love so many of them, good and bad, but...

I think I'd have to say Tyrion. He's one of the most "grey," characters in the story. I think he took the edge as my favorite after the Battle of the Blackwater. He fought with what I guess was either blind courage, or blind rage. Perhaps both. Not to mention he was wounded and nearly killed. He was forever changed that day. It's been a very subtle, yet very distinct change all at the same time.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

i agree with your spoiler

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

My spoiler thanks you.

Mine without a doubt would have to be Balon Swann. The guy is just pure awesome, but if I had to chose a main character it would be Jon.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Jon or Arya for sure

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

I like Arya and Tyrion. Does Brienne remind anyone else of Paksenarrion? I wonder if that's a deliberate nod to GRRM's sci-fi pal Elizabeth?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Bump, not TV related, but still...

A new anthology coming out in March, called "Warriors" will have the next installment of the Dunk and Egg story, according to GRRM's blog-thing: "And yes, that last one is the new Dunk & Egg novella, the longest one to date." referring to a story called "The Mystery Knight", so at least well have SOME new Westeros thing to read

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Hotness. Thanks for the heads up Shuk.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tyrion, Arya and Littlefinger would be my fav characters but I definitely want to know how things turn out for Bronn, the Hound, Daenerys, Jaime and what are real motives of the Faceless Men.

As for TV series it would be nice if HBO decide to pick it up for whole season and more later, then see if there will be any changes between books and tv.

I really hope someday we will learn from Dunk and Egg stories how Ser Duncan the Tall have become the Lord Commander of Kingsguard.

Any guesses who would play Sam the Slayer?

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Rhae View Post
    Any guesses who would play Sam the Slayer?
    I seriously doubt it's a possibility, but I think Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter series) would be pretty awesome. He'd need a fat suit or something though.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 751 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast