Thread: Your WoW Vids     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Your WoW Vids

I've been cutting a few videos from some of the more difficult stuff we've done, post yours (or your guildmates') too. They're fun little side projects.

Hardmode Thorim - thorim.mkv Download File on FileFront

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I plan to make 1 for each first kill (or did) and so on, usually I forget.

Could label many of my videos as "how not to do something"! haha

Most my videos are kinda large though... 200-300MB >.>

(I still got the ones from thoseguys on my server! haha)

oh yeah, how do you go about encoding your videos? I'm looking at alternative ways to encode to make smaller/better videos ;/

I have made a few vids in the past for my guild and just recently finished our first ulduar vid. It is the 1st four bosses and my 2nd attempt making a vid with adobe after affects & premiere pro CS4. I used a tutorial for the intro but had to change a lot of things to get it how I wanted it to look.

Theory, Ulduar 25 The Siege

I also have a Emalon 10 man vid which was my first CS4 project. We went into that fight not knowing all the details so we dps'd the adds first then went for Emalon.

Theory, Emalon 10

cc is appreciated.

YouTube - AnesthetizeTuralyon's Channel

All the videos I've done for Ulduar. Since I got tired of watching WoW videos which are just "LEWK AT MY UI AND DEEPS", I started adding annotations/commentary/subtitles that more or less explain what's going on with the fights in terms of mechanics and attacks the boss uses.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Posted this to help some of the mages on my server understand the simple arcane rotation.

YouTube - Arcane 101

Also, look at my UI! >_>

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Lovely Ulduar chat... barrens was never this crazy....!

20MB video
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/tmpvid/ulduarchat.avi

get ffdshow/CCCP if unable to veiw, audio is mp3

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I have vegas output a huffyuv video + PCM audio in an avi container (lossless compression) and then encode that file in mediacoder into h264 + lame mp3 in a mkv container. The h264 settings I use are 3000kbps level 5.1 6 b-frames 5 subpixel refinement and 6 predictor frames. Everything else is default-ish. I'm by no means an encoding expert but my stuff turns out pretty good I think.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal View Post
    I have vegas output a huffyuv video + PCM audio in an avi container (lossless compression) and then encode that file in mediacoder into h264 + lame mp3 in a mkv container. The h264 settings I use are 3000kbps level 5.1 6 b-frames 5 subpixel refinement and 6 predictor frames. Everything else is default-ish. I'm by no means an encoding expert but my stuff turns out pretty good I think.
    yeah it came out nice, I need to try that sometime!

Anyway here's my next random video

(ffdshow video mp3 audio)
    Hodir - 25 man ~ 190MB ish
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/tmpvid/hodir.avi

Music
    Linkin Park - New Divide (Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen Soundtrack)
    Passing of the blue crown (Mega Man 3 Remix)

YouTube - IC10
    Hmm, how do I get it to show up in High Def?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toilet Duck
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

YouTube - Change of Fate - Blackwing Lair vs Mimiron (10man Ulduar)

10man Mimiron

were stuck on vezax atm way to many casters in our guild with no full time hunters = teh lose

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Casters own for vezax...only dps in shadow crash though.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toilet Duck
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Its the whole mana regen issuse tbh, having mainly druid heals when the tank takes such huge spikey dmg and all our dps mainly being casters its getting a rotation down on the saronite clouds thats failing us, lets just say our healers arent the quickest folks around ¬_¬

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by erish View Post
    Its the whole mana regen issuse tbh, having mainly druid heals when the tank takes such huge spikey dmg and all our dps mainly being casters its getting a rotation down on the saronite clouds thats failing us, lets just say our healers arent the quickest folks around ¬_¬
    Reminds me of 2 of my guild healers, which will "stand in anything" even if its killing them. One somehow managed to get hit 3X by the ceiling on hodir... within 2 seconds. Thats got to take skill

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    YouTube - IC10
    Hmm, how do I get it to show up in High Def?
    Need to record at 1280x720 or higher, it takes a while to process after you upload it if you did it like that too.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

First kill mimiron for the guild.

Tried encoding the video Dezzimal posted, although it didn't like mp4 (some muxer error) so used avi.

Mimiron - 25man 260MB ish
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/tmpvid/mimiron.avi

Music
    Blood Stain Child - Neo-Gothic-Romance
    Blood Stain Child - Freedom
    Oceanlab - Satellite

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Fuck Mimiron hard mode

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I don't think my guild could touch mimiron hardmode ;/

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerios View Post
    Fuck Mimiron hard mode
    Hmm, I prefer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBsw_JlzIbs

And yeah, after the Mimiron nerf, it'll make hard mode just a matter of time. =/

Ridill
    BG Level

I've never made my own, but here's some of my teammates', mostly Heidi's:

Old school 60 one: HeidiHeinken's pvp movie By heidiheinken

Honestly he's better in that video than 90% of top end warlock vids you see now.

70, partly arena focused, other crazy stuff: Heidiheinken solos warmasters By mofogie

The highlight of that one is mirror match vs Superpaul and Pronne in s2, the first legit team to get 2700. To give you an idea just how ridiculous it really was, that was less than a month after I quit and Poh (the druid that filled in for me) had never even been a bg'er before that, let alone into arenas.

5v5 focused vid: Heidiheinken - Highest Destrolock By mofogie

This one's focused on the 5's he made after I quit, harp rogue/ele shaman/frost mage/destro lock/holy pally. Everybody but him had top notch gear to the point of multiple sets of t6 gemmed/enchanted differently for different shit. Pretty entertaining how fast shit dies, and stuff like 3 of the dps zerging down one guy, Heidi commenting something about "Orville (the rogue) 'softening up' the priest a little" while they were doing that, and switching to show Orville has the priest around 15% lol.

Also has some 3's with Zanyu and a bit of destro 2's, and a duel as destro vs a rogue that got sponsored that plays it pretty damn well.

Now for Zanyu's. This kid, I can't explain it. He's absolutely right on par with Rhaegyn, Serennia, etc., if not better. People say a lot about how warriors have a low skill cap, they don't watch guys like this. The best way I can put it is that every tiny little thing a warrior might pull off now and then, every suggestion, just everything he should be prepared to do, he does, and executes it perfectly.

Honestly I wish everyone would get the chance to play alongside people like him and heidi at some point, it shows how good they really are so much better, and gives such a new respect for the game.

Anyway, Zanyu's 3.0 vid: Zanyu Ultimate Warrior, Arena 3.0 By zanyu

Pretty awesome, he's an amazing player, and 3.0 was just fucking nuts.

Krylancelo was horde and we were alliance, but he was the kinda guy we'd get on vent with and fuck around for hours around gurubashi and shit. At 60 in BG's, even in premades, if he was in the game you told everyone to take care of him and the rest will take care of itself. If they'd listen, you win, if not, you lose.

Kry's 70 spriest vid: Krylancelo - Undead Shadow Priest from Malfurion BC PvP Video #1 By Krylancelo

He never did hook up with an arena partner that was really worthy of him, although he did push gladiator range as disc priest + spriest with a complete fucking idiot disc priest partner.

Bamodus was a crazy kid, an amazing mage. He quit pretty early on into TBC, but he managed #1 in 2's as mage/priest.

Bamodus Mage Arena PvP By Chunga

That movie might seem a little lacking to some, as it was before a lot of major arena changes, but it's still amazing play. It also happens to be mostly against people that have been #1 across all 3 brackets in multiple bg's, including bg9 at its prime, when they were in our bg.

I'm looking around for an old video someone made on my server, it's a whole bunch of duels between people on the server that got or were close to glad, including highlights such as Orville (rogue) vs Reddenbacher (frost mage), who have been #1 together in 2's and 3's. Soon as I can find it I'll link it, if I can't I'll up it somewhere.

Somehow our backwater pve server ended up with a pretty amazing group of people, even long before arenas. There were those of us that were competing for the top of the BG when Spoh&co, Glorin, Neilyo, etc. etc. were all still there. Then there were the people we helped gear up and hooked up with partners when I made a post that someone copied over to arena junkies, which resulted in a whole bunch of pvp'ers stuck on pve transferring over, like before all that Lycra was a duelist nobody knew, and ended up getting sponsored.

And then even before TBC, Renate/Innate and co. (merc/brutal glad in more than 1 bracket) were there, and somehow with like 99% of us gone there's still people in top 25 player rankings by class there now.

edit: I guess that's not really what you were after >.> didn't really think much about it and assumed you just meant ours or guild/friends in general, not just raiding vids.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

oh yay guilds progressing... slowly..!

General Vezax - 25man 9min @ 115MB (experimenting encoding build!)
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/tmpvid/vezax.mp4

Music
    Terminator Salvation - Alice in Chains - Rooster
    Eden of the East - Oasis - Falling Down

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast