Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 328 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Addressing whether or not Spellcast is a cheat, I personally don't think it is necessarily as far as a cheat, but I do think sometimes it dances close if not over the line of what would be considered ethical. I support it all the way because after using it I don't think I could go back to not using it (all my gear swap macros were beginning to contribute to development of carpal tunnel), but I don't think anyone can disagree with the fact that using spellcast gives you a substantial advantage. Whether or not that advantage is over the line or not is something I actually thought about a long time before I even tried it. For a while I said to myself I would never go as far as to use spellcast, but I guess in the end I couldn't stay away.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Aikar View Post
    alias ss stoneskin

works the same, and i can add that to official aliases so you dont even need to make it.
    Touché.

//silence has never worked for me, but I aliased "/ma Silence <t>" as "sil".

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

"//silence" means you want to work with the silence plugin, I would imagine.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

dl new silence and //silence will work

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Crap... I'm getting the old "Proxy connections are not allowed." error message on all pages of the site. I can't view anything. This has happened before. I'm not really sure why it's happening again, but is there anything I can do about it? I've been really looking forward to this and windower 4.0 too.

I'm getting random crashes on my BLM xml but none on my SMN xml and it's pissing me off cause it's at random times and I don't have any errors when I check the xml in Firefox.

Not to mention I'm using Aikar's xml sheet and everytime I cast something I get a shit ton of red text flash on my screen which I can only assume is the variables for some reason (which I didn't touch)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It doesn't like this line:

Code:
    <!-- Handle AFv2 Pants, but do not equip pants if we already have Weather x2 and day bonuses from obi alone as obi alone hits the 35% damage cap. -->
    <if Advanced='(!((regex)%Weather=^.* x2$(/regex) AND "%WeatherElement" = "%SpellElement" AND "$%SpellElementObi" = "1") OR !("%WeatherElement" = "%spellElement")) AND ("%SpellElement" = "%DayElement" AND "$BLMAF2Pants" = "1") AND ("%skill"="ElementalMagic")'>
    	<action type="equip" when="midcast">
    		<legs lock="yes">Sorcerer's Tonban</legs>
    	</action>
    </if>

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

you guys need to read changelog/forum thread :/

You cant use (regex) anymore.

Ive fixed a few things, but still not sure on this obscure crash to desktop. may of fixed with last thing though ill have to see.

Just started watching Lost since no other TV shows to watch (Heroes/Fringe just finished season, SG1/SGA/BSG all ended ), so extremely busy RL (gogo destroying bathroom to retile it entirely past 2 days) + Lost is eating dev time

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

(Heroes/Fringe just finished season, SG1/SGA/BSG all ended
    I started rewatching SG1 from the beginning, for the good old days. Richard Dean Anderson had brown hair back then! Woah!

You cant use (regex) anymore.

Ive fixed a few things, but still not sure on this obscure crash to desktop. may of fixed with last thing though ill have to see.

Just started watching Lost since no other TV shows to watch (Heroes/Fringe just finished season, SG1/SGA/BSG all ended ), so extremely busy RL (gogo destroying bathroom to retile it entirely past 2 days) + Lost is eating dev time
    Hey bro, don't get mad at me, I'm using your xml you provided on the site for BLMs!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by stringztoo View Post
    Hey bro, don't get mad at me, I'm using your xml you provided on the site for BLMs!
    and 2.3 is not the current release my XML's will be updated on wiki when 2.3 is final

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by vivix View Post
    I started rewatching SG1 from the beginning, for the good old days. Richard Dean Anderson had brown hair back then! Woah!
    I just watched entire SG1 last fall back to back. I was like a hermit in my bed.

Then watched SGA and caught up with where it was showing the new episodes and finished off there, then did BSG same way.

edit: wow vb fails. Seriously why does it take every other forum years to catch up with the features Invision Power Board has lol.
    Was expecting it to be smart and merge my post automatically ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbers View Post
    It doesn't like this line:

Code:
    <!-- Handle AFv2 Pants, but do not equip pants if we already have Weather x2 and day bonuses from obi alone as obi alone hits the 35% damage cap. -->
    <if Advanced='(!((regex)%Weather=^.* x2$(/regex) AND "%WeatherElement" = "%SpellElement" AND "$%SpellElementObi" = "1") OR !("%WeatherElement" = "%spellElement")) AND ("%SpellElement" = "%DayElement" AND "$BLMAF2Pants" = "1") AND ("%skill"="ElementalMagic")'>
    	<action type="equip" when="midcast">
    		<legs lock="yes">Sorcerer's Tonban</legs>
    	</action>
    </if>
    I was under the impression pants were a straight damage+%, while obi forced proc on day bonus.. being entirely seperate, they should stack. Do you have any proof to the alternative? (not relevant to your question, but still curious)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

upgrading broke my rng xml (or maybe my xml broke sc) ive been playing with it since new dll came out, redoing just about everything, at one point i even stripped it down to nothing but gear sets and 1 rule just to try to isolate the issue, but it still buggers up for me. im sure its something tiny im missing anyways D;, but if anyone has a working xml they use for rng(even if its super simple) that i can poke with could u please pm me or something? thanks in advance if anyone bites :3 til then ill just use the old

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

alias ss stoneskin

works the same, and i can add that to official aliases so you dont even need to make it.

Powerful and useful != Cheat
    dont take it the wrong way, i use it and love it LOL but i could see how it can be called one.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Is there any chance someone could develop a GUI that would write the XML for retards like me? I have tried but honestly I don't feel like learning a programming language just to use spellcast. A GUI seems like it would make spellcast very easy for everyone to use and would match up with the way that Azaril is taking Windower 4.

How much and to who do I need to donate money to to get this done?

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Is there any chance someone could develop a GUI that would write the XML for retards like me? I have tried and honest I don't feel like learning a programming language to use spellcast. A GUI seems like it would make spellcast very easy for everyone to use and would match up with the way that Azaril is taking Windower 4.

A GUI that writes XMLs would be incredibly difficult to write and likely never encompass everything you can do with spellcast. The 'language' took me less than 15 minutes to learn, I honestly think most of the people who have trouble with it aren't trying.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Is there any chance someone could develop a GUI that would write the XML for retards like me? I have tried and honest I don't feel like learning a programming language to use spellcast. A GUI seems like it would make spellcast very easy for everyone to use and would match up with the way that Azaril is taking Windower 4.

lol that be a really fucking win GUI. >.> but shit it be a really lot of work. because spellcast does so much. It really depends what you plan to use it for. Per mob shit cant really be put in a gui... i guess SS stuff, and things like that could, but then if its to much just using normal(windower) macors would work fine.

best i could say is look at someones that has gear close to yours, and then edit the sets in the file to fit all your gear and use that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    A GUI that writes XMLs would be incredibly difficult to write and likely never encompass everything you can do with spellcast. The 'language' took me less than 15 minutes to learn, I honestly think most of the people who have trouble with it aren't trying.
    It wouldn't be that difficult, actually, if you make it similar to how you create rules for email filters or firewalls, and such.

Make a rule for everything spellcast can do, such as:

When...

Job is <job>
    Day is <day>
    Weather is <weather>
    Time is between <time> and <time>
    Moon is <phase>
    Target is <family/monster>
    etc.

Then do...

Equip <item>
    Delay <amount>
    Input into chat <text>
    Enter FFXI command <command>
    Enter Windower command <command>
    etc.

with logical functions (and/or/xor/not/etc.) to string any number of conditions together, rule priority sorting, and such. Then, it'd reduce the difficulty of creating xml spellcast files to the same level as creating an email filter or firewall rule.

A feature could even be to read your currently equipped set from memory (if run while logged into FFXI and your equip menu open) and generate a list of Equip <item>s for the rule, or parsing already-created macro text files to generate the list.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Here is the thing, I have reached a point in my life where money can now overcome time as a factor for getting things done.

What the Windower guys do is amazing, and they don't get paid shit. I am seriously offering to donate to get certain updates done, just as an incentive to help the community, not to pay for the labor.

As for the GUI itself, I am just guessing that it would create a basic set of XML code for a job, it would ask you for gear for each slot, what conditions you want to consider (i.e. weather, time of day) and what spell or action you want to take.

In some ways what the Windower guys do is far more advanced than the add-ons in WoW, but they are nowhere near as user friendly. With the pending Windower 4 release it seems like the perfect time to start moving in a more graphical and less hackish-looking direction. And I am willing to incentivize that transition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 328 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast