+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sims 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Sims 3

Got it last night. Lots of fun Anyone else get it? I wish you could play your sims online for this one, would be fun.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've been thinking about getting this, but right now I don't have the time or money to pick it up. I've heard that they added a ton of stuff and changed the gameplay quite a bit, but other than that, nothing too much.

As far as online, I remember EA trying the Sims Online and it was a massive failure and it died very fast. I can see why they'd be pensive to give that a go again.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

ya I know would still be fun though. So far they did seem to add a lot.

Some pluses:

No more zoning
    Walk to neighbors house
    can set what you're doing while at work (i.e. work hard/talk with co-workers/etc.

Some cons:

No way to see values of houses if you want to move your sim (you have to evict them from your current home then see if they can buy the new one....)

Still can't put walls next to foundations for garages (gotta use cheats again)

can't see inside community lots. your sim just goes there and disappears.

I hope they'll bring back some things from the old sims in future expansions. (pets/dates/etc.)

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can you set going to the freakin' bathroom while at work? I am only slightly kidding, but the one thing that got so annoying after a while is folks coming back from work and then it is a damned rush for the shitter half the time.

I always seemed to spend more time queuing up mundane tasks for needs than playing it seemed -- that's always been my biggest issue with the Sim games. Either that or I'd be getting their skills up. Anyways, I'll have to keep my eye on this. Maybe when I get some money and free time back I'll give it a spin.

I got it today.. It's ok, still trying to get used to it since I was so used to The Sims 2 :3

Played it a tad a week or so ago when it was uhh... yeah.

Was good, but didn't give it much time. The customisation was awesome on the actual sims though.

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My wife picked it up and was super excited, although I'll never quite understand the appeal.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Can you set going to the freakin' bathroom while at work? I am only slightly kidding, but the one thing that got so annoying after a while is folks coming back from work and then it is a damned rush for the shitter half the time.

I always seemed to spend more time queuing up mundane tasks for needs than playing it seemed -- that's always been my biggest issue with the Sim games. Either that or I'd be getting their skills up. Anyways, I'll have to keep my eye on this. Maybe when I get some money and free time back I'll give it a spin.
    I have to play more to really see, but they kinda minimized the mundane tasks a bit. They slowed down the ingame time, and sped up the overall time to do certain tasks. I.e. going to the bathroom used to take like 20 ingame minutes (I always wtf @ this) now it takes like 10.

Their goal was to try and get people to do more of the other stuff than the housework.

Unfortunately because this is the core game, there isn't TOO much to do outside it. Usually the extra stuff comes from the expansions.

I've always been obsessed with making the ultimate houses in these games though so even the beginning disc is always fun for me. XD

I love how now you can set patterns to everything. I haven't messed too much with the create custom items yet though.

It feels like you age too fast, forcing you to complicate matters with children.. and makes me really depressed that you can't even reach your life's goals in a video game.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe View Post
    It feels like you age too fast, forcing you to complicate matters with children.. and makes me really depressed that you can't even reach your life's goals in a video game.
    you can turn off the age or speed/slow the amount it takes to age in the options menu.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Don't really know why, but I feel a desire to play this game. Guess I'm bored, especially now that FFXIV has been announced and I'm longing for its release. Looks pretty nice, wish they had upgraded the graphics more from the second or had animals though. But of course they are waiting for the latter with expansions. That's where most their money will most likely come from.

I don't know, I should probably just wait for an expansion cause by the time they release them I might be so bored of the game that I won't even care.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its pretty fun and as you get life time acheivements you can eliminate the need to use the washroom and a few other needs. More time to do fun stuff.

but

Less content then Sims 2 ( the same wait for expac cycle to get the same stuff you already had in the Sims game before it thing)

less hair styles, less furniture but they already got stuff up to buy on their online store can't figure out why they didn't include this stuff in the game instead of nickle and dimeing people from the day of release.

Graphics aren't to much better then sims 2 but game reqs went up enough I cant play on my laptop any more so I have to go on my desktop.

Its still fun but if you got the Sims 2 already you won't be missing out waiting for a price drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Don't really know why, but I feel a desire to play this game. Guess I'm bored, especially now that FFXIV has been announced and I'm longing for its release. Looks pretty nice, wish they had upgraded the graphics more from the second or had animals though. But of course they are waiting for the latter with expansions. That's where most their money will most likely come from.

I don't know, I should probably just wait for an expansion cause by the time they release them I might be so bored of the game that I won't even care.
    I give every Sims game a try but I only ever torrent them since I only get about 4 days of play.

Day 1: Try to play properly, get frustrated at how playing just one Sim you can't do much of anything.

Day 2: Make a house full of lesbos that're all in relationships with each other, seduce the neighbours and watch the inevitable shitstorm when I throw a party.

Day 3: Cheat to make huge mansion, spend all day killing anyone who steps inside.

Day 4: Uninstall.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I loved the first one, didn't enjoy the second one, I might try this one out, but i'll wait a bit and allow it to flesh out first

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's kind of fun, the character traits are nice and increases the humour of the sims.
    It takes a while to get into though. I think that I'm still too used to Sims 2...

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Picked this up for my girlfriend on tuesday.

I have yet to see my laptop since. -.-

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I have to play more to really see, but they kinda minimized the mundane tasks a bit. They slowed down the ingame time, and sped up the overall time to do certain tasks. I.e. going to the bathroom used to take like 20 ingame minutes (I always wtf @ this) now it takes like 10.

Their goal was to try and get people to do more of the other stuff than the housework.
    Thank GOD. Yeah all the tasks would take forever. Oh kid has to take a poop, eat, and do homework...and bedtime...well no fun for you kid. Same with trying to get your Sims more skills. So slowdown of time makes me super happy.

Unfortunately because this is the core game, there isn't TOO much to do outside it. Usually the extra stuff comes from the expansions.

I've always been obsessed with making the ultimate houses in these games though so even the beginning disc is always fun for me. XD

I love how now you can set patterns to everything. I haven't messed too much with the create custom items yet though.
    More often than not, I enjoy building/expanding custom houses, and then by the time expansions hit I'm able to do the other things I'd like, so that's always good. More custom patterns is awesome, the default patterns for things in 1 and 2 drove me nuts.

Got it last night. Lots of fun Anyone else get it? I wish you could play your sims online for this one, would be fun.
    Nooooooo I am trying so hard to avoid getting this game! I want it but am avoiding the mass hard drive monopolization that occurs with my sims mod folder.

So do you like it better than the former and are you modding or playing it stock?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    Nooooooo I am trying so hard to avoid getting this game! I want it but am avoiding the mass hard drive monopolization that occurs with my sims mod folder.

So do you like it better than the former and are you modding or playing it stock?
    hmm there are ups and downs to this one vs Sims 2, but in the long run I think this one will come out stronger. I did figure out an easier way to move houses (you do it through a computer), and overall this game is more "realistic" than the other one.

They even have daily events in the town to go join (i.e. hot dog eating contest). And ya them ore I play the more I realize how much free time my Sims have in comparison.

Also kinda cool, I have the "me" Sim visit my next door neighbor all the time and you can just let them do their own thing. Their AI is extremely improved so you can kinda let them visit the neighbors and focus on another Sim without worrying.

I don't use mods because I like the challenges (only mod I used in sims2 was to increase the max number you could have in the house, so I could have kittens!). And I usually avoid the ingame cheat codes aside from the codes needed to do certain things when building a house (i.e. have to turn certain things on and off to make a bridge). I haven't messed with the new codes though, so dunno if they simplified them at all or not.

Oh ya two cool things: The new want system rocks. You know in Sims2 how you would get those random wants (i.e. eat a grilled cheese sandwich). Now they pop up in a box randomly, and you can either "promise" to fulfill that want, or just delete it. If you promise to fulfill it it stays in one of 4 boxes until you either complete it or delete it yourself.

Also, your townies actually do things now, (that are good for them). They'll find their own jobs, meet their own people, fall in love without you having to do anything for them. I think they also age when you age, but I have aging off so not sure.

kinda irritating though that you can't see inside community buildings. Because I love to build shit, it makes building community lots kinda pointless. I assume (and hope) they'll change this when they make another open for business exp.

Oh ya one last thing I think is cool, you now actually buy different foods at the grocery store (i.e. eggs, tomatoes, etc.) And the things you cook require certain ingredients.

SO ya, If you're not big into spending time building, then you might want to wait for some exp to come out, overall I do think this one is an improvement to Sims2, so you'll probably want to get it eventually. XD

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Dammit Ksandra you are making me want this too much ;; lol