+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 317 FirstFirst ... 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic: The Gathering     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    bought a holiday gift box because i like them. got garbage cards. wooo
    Bought a Holiday Gift Box because I like them for storage, pulled a foil Polluted Delta, Wooded Foothills, Surrak, Crackling Doom, and lol'd at the Dragon Throne because I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to get angry after pulling two fetches in the same pack, especially when the foil is Delta.

Yeah, my luck is kind of dumb at the moment. Will probably end up selling both of the Elspeths and the foil Delta.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

3-0'd a draft last Friday playing Sultai. It's, by far, my favorite archetype, but the hardest to come together. Got 3 fetches out of 7 prize packs. The rare distribution in this set is so strange compared to past sets.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    As someone who has had TWO $40,000+ collections stolen, I feel bad for this guy:

http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/com...gp_new_jersey/
    Oh hey Rusty made a reddit post. He used to play at the LGS near me. Sucks it happened though

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync View Post
    Bought a Holiday Gift Box because I like them for storage, pulled a foil Polluted Delta, Wooded Foothills, Surrak, Crackling Doom, and lol'd at the Dragon Throne because I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to get angry after pulling two fetches in the same pack, especially when the foil is Delta.

Yeah, my luck is kind of dumb at the moment. Will probably end up selling both of the Elspeths and the foil Delta.
    my buddy bought one at the same time, pulled Sorin in the first pack. i hate you both.

my buddy bought one at the same time, pulled Sorin in the first pack. i hate you both.
    Wish I could pull a Sorin honestly (3 booster boxes, no Walkers at all), but with a foil Delta I can probably get 4 anyway (not that I want 4, but yeah).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm looking into friday night magic here in my city, turns out there is a card shop that does it every week within walking distance from my job. On average, what does it cost to do a draft or sealed? I'm betting theres probably some cost in addition to the packs for the prize pool.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's usually between 10-15$ for draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    It's usually between 10-15$ for draft.
    and this usually includes all packs; nothing extra needed to be paid in.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

One of my LGS is 20 dollar draft because you're forced to chip in for pizza. I personally hate that. Another is 10 dollar draft, all 3 packs including. Guess which once is winning the customer race

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

After doing a pre-tourny rail of Adderall off my deck box the last thing I want to do is eat. Or drink. Or blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Wheel22 View Post
    After doing a pre-tourny rail of Adderall off my deck box the last thing I want to do is eat. Or drink. Or blink.
    Over focus is a bitch though; if that's your own script I'm sure you have had enough experience with it to know the difference in levels of what it's doing to your head >.>;

Always, always fearful I might accidentally double dose cause then my whole day is screwed.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i am not sure if you guys are joking

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Snorting rails, yes. But Ritalin/Adderall for being able to last through 10 round meatgrinders is god-tier. Even moreso if you are running a high technical/low error deck like Miracles or Eggs.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i guess it never really occurred to me that competitive magic is that competitive.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

i guess it never really occurred to me that competitive magic is that competitive.
    1st place at a pro tour wins $40,000. It's not exactly e-sports money, but there are "pros" that do this as their full time job. At this level, the games are high stakes and one mistake will cost you. People do whatever they can to stay focused when you have to play 7+ rounds of magic in a row.

Some people blaze to get in their zone. I've found that it has the complete opposite effect on me and I play even more loose than usual lol. For any event longer than 3 rounds, I will pop like 4 advil an hour into a tourney. The musk of putting 100+ magic players into an enclosed space is probably one of the worst things on the planet earth. Real talk. Between that and the mental focus, I always get a massive headache at any magic event. Also, drink tons of water.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

yeah it makes sense, it's just one of those things i never really thought about. i wanna make fun but i think for 40k i'd take some pills too.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

My biggest problem about large magic Toruneys is that the night before, I never sleep. I am just a large child. Anytime something big comes up, it's impossible for me to sleep, even if I take sleeping pills. And then during the tourney I actually feel able to be more focused. Like, my brain is so tired i can only focus on one thing and I tend to do better but feel like crap the whole day

I actually am pretty much the poster boy for real adult ADHD (inattentive) and have a diagnosis etc. 20mg adderall twice a day doesn't put me to over focus mode and makes me stop falling asleep when I start to lose attention.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I know it's no brainstorm, but let me know if you have interest in a GP San Antonio mat and I'll keep an eye out for people selling.
    http://legionevents.com/files/2014/1...t-reduced1.jpg

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Some Black Friday stuff at this blog:

http://blog.mtgprice.com/2014/11/26/...-roundup-2014/

and inkedplaymats.com is doing 35% off on custom playmats and more