+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 317 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic: The Gathering     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

Ethersworn Canonist

Enjoy your 1 spell per turn.

Foamposite

i wasn't really into mtg but i loved my goblin deck during the onslaught block: Goblin Warchief, Siege-Gang Commander, Goblin Piledriver

then just add some cheap goblins

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rysa View Post
    My favorite deck was a red/artifact heavy deck. I used wildfire to destroy all the small creatures and land in play and then killed my opponent with Chimeric staves, phyrexian collossus, and covetous dragons. I won 1st place at a local standard tournament in my town using that deck.
    Pretty sure Kai Budde won the 99 Worlds with a Wildfire deck.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you are playing affinity and you are playing green, oxidize RAPES them. Forest, pass. They go, Artifact land, ornithopter, acbound worker, and they pass. You EoT Oxidize their land. They be sad. Affinity doesn't run many lands. You untap, play a land, play llanowars or something and pass turn. They (don't) untap and maybe play a land and an ornithopter or something. Then you get to turn 5 with gust or just more artifact hate and they can't win.

Shroud prevents, equip/Enchant, being the target of a spell or ability. That's it.

@Zilong: I haven't seen any 5c zoo played in my meta. It kinda dies to a few things easily, IE Volcanic Fallout, Wrath and stuff.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

In yalls opinion, what would be the best deck to play casual multiplayer games? Kinda broad question I know, but there are a few archetypes that can be eliminated. Things like burn decks tend to suffer when youre worrying about doing direct damage to 3-4 other people instead of concentrating all of your firepower on 1. I'm just looking for something to turn the tides to my favor as soon as possible and keep them under control until I pull my win condition. I guess what i'm asking is, does anyone have a favorite deck to play multiplayer games with?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

multiplayer as in more than 2 people or 2 people?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

More than 2 people, i'm talking 3-4 people playing each other at once. Same rules apply as normal, but we play with politics that allow us to block for some one else if we choose to and things of that sort. Kinda screwy at first but it makes for really fun games.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably the extended pool since older than extended cards tend to be errata'd/Restricted/Banned. But it's casual so no biggy. As for a solid multiplayer deck? Way too hard to say, since you are playing against a few other people, so you'd have to build a deck around the other people. Could attempt to fit a few combos into a deck and see how it works. I also don't know your card pool, do you have any dual lands or stuff from onslaught and up? I know a few good combos.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Somebody PM me for some apprentice games. I remember a long time ago I had a few people I played with on there but I forgot who they were and don't feel like digging through PMs. I'm itching for some Magic now.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I think ive got my deck loaded into apprentice now, still working out the kinks and finding out where everything is button wise, but it seems alright for a free program. I sure as hell didnt feel like paying for MTGO or Magic Workbench <_>

If some one wants to play some on Apprentice let me know, but you'll have to forgive the initial learning curve

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My AIM is screamifyouwill if you want to play on apprentice

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't mind playing too but I use strange decks no one uses so have to bare with me XD

As for multiplayer decks, I like using my wall deck for that as my friend used his time deck. Fun as hell XD

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Whats your aim meian?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does u/w tron control suck now? I know it's old as shit...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tron is still a viable deck in extended.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Onigami The Yagudo King View Post
    Whats your aim meian?
    AIM is so archaic... first it was ICQ, then AIM, then MSN and remains as such =x

But, I still pop by every now and then to see who hasn't joined us with the times XD

My AIM is Kokoronokawari

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    I'm thinking about maybe trying EDH (Elder Dragon Highlander) though since it looks fun and I still have most of my cards.
    it's a very interesting format in my experience of making 8 or so different decks for it so far, most interesting were Zuur the enchanter, Kiki-Jiki, the Mirror Breaker, and Sakashima the impostor Decks[them being generals obivously with deck build around playing their abilities], though I am sure their alot of legends that make very fun decks for it. I'd recommend trying the format to anyone who hasn't.
    Also what are these "mythic rares", and how much rarer are they than regular rares. I haven't been following the game much since the Lorwyn-shadowmoor block ended.

Black Belt
    BG Level

For multiplayer, shit that creates infinite loop and hard to disrupt for combo would be good, aggro deck with mid-late game would work decently too, and control deck that creates all around lock would be ideal

As far as archetype is concerned, depends on your format, but in general, just don't bother with shit like sligh, LD or draw-go type of deck on multi.

Cards that target all player/opponent also exponentially increases in value naturally, so be sure to look for those. Only one I can think of right off the bat is blatant thievery, but with 2 headed giant being a sanctioned format, there are a lot of amazing multiplayer cards around.

Maybe I should reinstall apprentice, though i dunno what format would be nice to do.

The "create your own type 2" from the world championship a few years back seemed pretty nice though, cube draft and vintage with no money required would also be awesome.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    Also what are these "mythic rares", and how much rarer are they than regular rares. I haven't been following the game much since the Lorwyn-shadowmoor block ended.
    It's another rarity rarer than Rare (they replace the rare). I think they're like 1/6 or something so not horribly rare. Still stupid though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah the mythic concept is kind of dumb, but whatever. Most of the mythics aren't even playable competitively. :/. I need to make/test out a new extended combo deck if anyone is willing to give it a go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 317 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast