+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 317 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic: The Gathering     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

er yeah that was a misstatement on my part, I know lightning bolt was never banned. my bad. I meant to say, before they took it out of print.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anyone wanna buy some Magic cards? most of mine are from Ice Age/4th edition until 6th edition.

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir View Post
    Anyone wanna buy some Magic cards? most of mine are from Ice Age/4th edition until 6th edition.
    depends on how much you're asking for them, shoot me a PM back if it's a reasonable price

SETTLE DOWN, DANZIG
    you canno see my sunglass

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikarys Chevalier
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    Blog Entries

oh man, I had a bunch of ice age cards... back when a 1/1 creature with swampwalk was more rare than game-winning enchantments. Old card games are funny.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

god I remember when Ice Age came out and people were fucking jizzing themselves left and right over Jester's Cap. shit reached around $20 at one point I think.

yeah, old cards are funny

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Diamicles View Post
    depends on how much you're asking for them, shoot me a PM back if it's a reasonable price
    http://images.craigslist.org/3n13k63...143600115c.jpg

Not sure how many cards there are, prolly want ~100+shipping

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lol They are reprinting haunting echoes, traumatize and darksteel colossus. Shit is going to be sick.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Anyone else relieved about the M10 combat rule changes? I hated that combat damage went on the stack. It makes so much more sense to have to adjust/prepare your creatures as they are sent out, before they take any damage, not as an afterthought/reaction to them taking what should have been lethal damage. A lot of mana is going to be spent on pre-regenerating creatures that get sent to combat.

Also, fuck mana burn, good riddance. No one ever came across it unless it was some retarded life-total manipulation.

Also, has anyone made a solid, reliable Coalition Victory deck? I was half-assed putting one together as this last block introduced a lot more options for filling up the 5-basic lands prerequisite, like Shard Convergence. Mine mostly revolves around quick land grabs and a super-easy all-color creature like Transguild Courier. Also, I have some plan-b space filled in with a few Composite Golems ready to transfer 6 colorless into big, beefy WUBRG creatures like Chromat, Horde of Notions, Bringer of the White/Blue/Black/Red/Green Dawn, etc if I'm getting unlucky with the lands variety. I feel like I'm missing out on something that makes all lands all basic land types, even if for 1 turn...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...2009erwin2.jpg

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS MY EXCITEMENT TO MAKE THIS CARD MY CARD TO REPRESENT ODIN IN MY VIKING DECK.

BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!

TRIBAL EDH WOLF DECKS AND TRIBAL WOLF CASUALS TOO!

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

That's a pretty nasty 4 drop in a draft.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I just built a Grixis deck today since my Elfs are gonna go out of standard soon. I don't really like the multi-color decks but I kind of enjoy it.

Luckily M10 is coming out and I can go back to monocolor Elf/Wolfs and shit.

Vedalkan Ghouls with Demonspine Whips is fun though ''

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Make a shaman token deck that runs wolf skull shaman.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

A friend of mine is working on a MTG game with built-in deck creator that can host network games. Is this anything that anyone would consider playing?

It has access to any card ever created, including Ring of Ma'ruf (although not sure how to demonstrate its ridiculous action in this application...but cool to have)

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Quote Originally Posted by oldoldman View Post
    That's a pretty nasty 4 drop in a draft.
    ...except for the fact that it's a mythic rare in a 300 card set...won't be seeing this in draft too often, I'd wager.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Make a shaman token deck that runs wolf skull shaman.
    I'm going to, and it'll also have Wren's Run Packmaster's in it too. Nothing is more scary than a pack of wolves who have deathtouch with a man wearing a moose horn helmet leading them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Coat of arms, do it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The aggro player in me wants to whore it out with Coat of Arms so badly, but I know in my current meta it'd end up biting me in the ass more often than benefit me. People at my FNMs play either Reveillark, RDW, or Kithkin. And once M10 hits the streets, everyone and his mother will be playing fuckin' soldiers. But we'll see. Needless to say, the next couple of months will be interesting for MTG. If youre a control player, shit just got alot harder for you to do anything at all, especially if you run faeries. Heres another favorite card from the set that is an instant 4 of for me. Gentlemen, I bring you the Princess Mononoke forest spirit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ec18apt_EN.jpg

I like green, but my no means is it my favorite color. However, correct me if i'm wrong, but is this not one of the best 3 for 3/3 drops in the game atm?

P.S

http://images.absoluteanime.com/prin...rit%5b2%5d.jpg

I'm in ur Magicz, wreckin ur Fae'z

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cards like that make me wish Worship was in Standard. If it was then I'd probably play again.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I dunno, it seem more like a hoser than an all around good creature, I'd run kitchen finks over it unless Fae is still top tier by the time the new core comes in.

And the standard for 3 drops is pretty fucking high now, especially when multicolor comes into play.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It dies to lightning bolt lol <_<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 317 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast