+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 317 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic: The Gathering     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

Yeah, also that

Not to mention fairy could probably race you on air and steal your other (bigger) creature with sower of temptation

Back in the day I had a few decks that I tried out. Loved my avatar decks, but I think Woe and Might were my favorites. I'd have to say, though, that my best deck was my Blue/Artifact deck (My Morphling brings all the boys to the yard). Quit playing a little while after Odyssey came out. Urza's block was very good to me

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Urza's block was the most broken block lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Urza's block was the most broken block lol
    Wasn't it though? :D

Oh, I just remembered a deck I ran for fun games. 5 color, based around CV wins. Also had Cromat and Last Stand for shits and giggles

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm such a sucker for alternative-art-premium-collector's-promotion-etc cards but damn, I don't know if I'm going to be in line at 8am across town to buy a $80 box of boosters... Hmmm... Inner turmoil.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lol yeah. They come out with judge promo's and shit for 20$+ cards -_-... Which means the judge promos are going to be like 30+ D:

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

When I used to play heavily, I had this program that let you build a database of your collection. Now that I'm playing again I could use something like this, but I can't seem to remember the name of the program. Can anyone suggest something comparable? Preferably something up to date through at least Ravnica.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I am interested in this as well... I got an itch recently and began the great card organization of 2009... DBing everything I have would be nice.

edit: I found something, I think.

http://swapyourgames.com/cgi-bin/dir.../Software.html

Quite a few things, though I have yet to dig in and unveil their validity. Magic: The Database is dead though...

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I think CMD was actually the thing I used to use, but now that page links to a picture of some dude and his family.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm currently working on a digital index of all my cards (10,000+). So far i've built 2 huge excel spreadsheets for black and green that contain a list of every card in the color sorted by name with artist/color/spell type/series/quantity.

Since i've always kept my cards sorted physically by color and spell type it's mostly just a matter of plugging in quantities. If anyone else wants the base spreadsheets to modify, i'll gladly upload them somewhere. I should have blue, white, and red done by the end of today, then it's on to artifacts and legends (or whatever multi-color-cost cards are called these days).

As for the rules and stuff, i spent most of the day looking through databases and reading up on the newer stuff and it all just seems out of control. All my cards are from the mid 90's with the latest ones being some Tempest and 2 Portal packs. The last major expansion i collected with any seriousness was Homelands. >_>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I originally posted pics and info of/on my collection over in Buy-Sell-Trade, but now that i've decided to not sell them i figured i'd document part of the indexing process i'm working on here instead.

I need a bigger table.

Approx. 3/4 of just my Black Summons/Creatures, about 1200 cards, as i attempt to sort them alphabetically for the index/spreadsheet. How many can you name from the pic? XD

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kkel View Post
    How many can you name from the pic? XD
    More than I want to admit >.>

2 cards left of the bottom left corner of your laptop: Mindwhip Sliver
    Rooster looking card on top of the Hippies: Havoc Demon
    Very bottom left 2: Servant of Volrath & Shadow Rider
    Bottom Row, right side: Urborg Panther > Wall of Bone > Wall of Shadows

I'll stop there...

Edit: Have to mention the Kezzerdrix in the middle of the pic. Killer bunny ftw.

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I just played my first Friday Night Magic since Kamigawa block, and I have to say, considering it was built about 24 hours before I started playing with it, I did pretty alright.

Green/white creature deck, Knights of New Alar, Knotvine Paladins, that sort of thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kkel View Post
    I originally posted pics and info of/on my collection over in Buy-Sell-Trade, but now that i've decided to not sell them i figured i'd document part of the indexing process i'm working on here instead.

I need a bigger table.

Approx. 3/4 of just my Black Summons/Creatures, about 1200 cards, as i attempt to sort them alphabetically for the index/spreadsheet. How many can you name from the pic? XD
    Oh man, I can;t remember names exactly but I am familiar with a good chunk of those lol

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Signed up for a pre-release sealed tournament of M10 on Sunday. Gonna be tiiiiight

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

got a Garruk, Overrun and Wolf pack Master fellow, needless to say I had a nice win streak going

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Jeez lol. Did you place 1st?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I had to leave early to go to work.... but I still got top eight without playing the last two rounds

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nice

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

God Kkel, your cards in that photo look nearly exactly like my collection. If I laid out my black, you'd see exactly the same stuff.

I played Fallen Empires to Tempest block, quit a while, then came back for Odyssey/Onslaught, quit again, back for Ravinca/Time Spiral, then quit again.

Now I'm kinda back, but only with and on MTGO 3. Pauper is kinda fun, and you can get an entire block worth of commons for a few tickets. I just wish league play would be re-implemented, best play amount vs. tourney cost there was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 317 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast