+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 317 FirstFirst ... 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic: The Gathering     submit to reddit submit to twitter

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Lol in the deck lists they call it Jeskai midrange... I like Cruisin USA better.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't think it's the actual deck name he used, but someone suggested that on another site and that's what I've been referring to it as. I don't care to use the Khans clan names.

Edit: A funny string of tweets:

https://twitter.com/meddlingmage/sta...67452888735744

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Infect isn't interesting in the slightest, so I'm rooting for anyone not playing that deck.
    I found half an infect deck in the bargain bin at an lgs and I'm wondering how far I can push my group before I mysteriously stop getting texts about card night

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync View Post
    You went mono-blue for KTK draft? I've been running Jeskai in quick KTK drafts I've done lately online and had crazy success. Record over the last week I think is 12-2, all sets won? I normally grab a few of the Hexproof Prowess 5drop 4/2 blue dudes, a bunch of instants, whatever other Prowess stuff I can snatch up (the 2U flier also being great), Feat of Resistance, some fights, and once I was lucky enough to grab a Narset that crushed through most of the games.
    Nah, I meant playing a blue deck in Legacy without treasure cruise was a bad choice. I don't think I've ever drafted anything in KTK that was less than 4 colors.

No surprise, but the mat is pretty pricy on Ebay.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I've been doing a ton of KTK sealed and haven't once ended up with less than 4 colors.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    So, I just had one of the most enjoyable games of Modern

using my infect deck I did 25 Physical dmg on turn 4.

Dryad Arbor, Wild Defiance, 2 Mutagenic Growths, 2 Groundswells with Landfall.

Funny thing, he had a blocker but didn't block cause he thought he was only taking 1 dmg. He was so pissed, he told me to fuck off and then left.
    1-2 dropped (had to drop then for a chance at a GPT standard that didn't even fire) a 5 round modern IQ with infect. Round 2 I lost to UR Delver, but I did take game 2 with a wild defiance in play where I laid down a spellskite and passed turn. He draws, dismembers it paying 4 life. I point at the wild defiance, he reads it and is like oh oops. Plays a spellskite, a delver, and passes back. I Apostle's Blessing my skite twice for pro blue and pro artifact, hit it with a vines without kicker (choked on mana) just for the defiance and swing lethal due to his liberal use of fetches for untapped shocks. Note that isn't a bad idea against infect, it just hurt him this time.

BG Level

As someone who has had TWO $40,000+ collections stolen, I feel bad for this guy:

http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/com...gp_new_jersey/

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

After seeing some Schönegger's uberbling deck and a few others I was sure somebody was going to try to snatch shit. Also known a few friends that went from up-and-coming ROTY status to quitting completely after they had their decks/binders stolen at events.

I also have two people that have earned the right to have fingers broken on sight after lifting cards from me. One was smart and moved to NYC* and the other sadly went to prison for banging a 15 year old. Won't get my foil JTMS or Wasteland+Goyf playset back but I'd sure feel a lot better.

*apparently has made the mistake of moving back to Oregon. And apparently has had a rich history trade scamming MODO players.
    https://www.facebook.com/jeffrwpreston

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Some magic players are literally the scum of the earth. When you have a 4000 player tournament where the average deck costs 4-5 digits, you're definitely going to attract opportunistic thieves. My collection isn't super expensive, by any means, but I pretty much had my bag tied to my leg whenever I sat down and my deck box glued to my hand whenever I had it out.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Ugh I feel like a glutton after a huge meal. I can't help myself I am addicted to the rush of opening packs. I was going to save my Khans box for later and not open it but then I decided to open part of it then I just kept going. Ended up with 4 fetch lands, Wooded Foothills, Windswept Heath, Bloodstained Mire, and Flooded Strand, 1 Sarkhan, 1 Wingmate Roc, 1 Surrak Dragonclaw, 1 Empty the Pits, and 1 Dig Through Time. That is all the mythics and cards worth above $10. Not too bad I would say middle of the road box wise from what I have seen and heard about.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hope you enjoy watching Standard, cause that's pretty much all you're going to see from SCG next year.

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...ouncement.html

Great news for Standard players on the East Coast, I suppose.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Hmm will this help boost the value of Khans of Tarkir cards or are they going to remain super low because of fetch lands?

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Hmm will this help boost the value of Khans of Tarkir cards or are they going to remain super low because of fetch lands?
    Khans higher price stuff is just going to keep dropping, or remain the same in the case of Digs and maybe Wingmate, IMO. I don't see anything lasting through the constant cracking of packs for fetches.

In other news, I cracked a Theros pack at random the other day and was greeted by not only a foil Elspeth, but a non-foil as well. I don't think I'll ever crack a better pack in my entire life so I probably should just stop.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync View Post
    Khans higher price stuff is just going to keep dropping, or remain the same in the case of Digs and maybe Wingmate, IMO. I don't see anything lasting through the constant cracking of packs for fetches.

In other news, I cracked a Theros pack at random the other day and was greeted by not only a foil Elspeth, but a non-foil as well. I don't think I'll ever crack a better pack in my entire life so I probably should just stop.
    I have always wanted to crack a double mythic pack like that where both mythics were the same. The odds are very low for that so it would be fun to see no matter what mythic it was. Though I would prefer if it was a double tarmogoyf pack in my MM box that I still have.

BG Level

My first pack of A-Nights was a Juzam.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I saw a double Goyf pack at the MM GP in Vegas. Bricks were shat when he passed his whole pool

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I saw a double Goyf pack at the MM GP in Vegas. Bricks were shat when he passed his whole pool
    My buddy got two goyfs in his sealed pool (not the same pack) at a gpt MM but he dropped to keep them. Made me so mad because he only went to it because I told him to and then he sold the goyfs to some random person later instead of me. I got squat in my pool.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

As a Legacy player, the SCG change is pretty shitty, but at least the 2 Opens in driving distance from NYC are both Legacy I guess.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

bought a holiday gift box because i like them. got garbage cards. wooo

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    My buddy got two goyfs in his sealed pool (not the same pack) at a gpt MM but he dropped to keep them. Made me so mad because he only went to it because I told him to and then he sold the goyfs to some random person later instead of me. I got squat in my pool.
    I think the dude who got the Double Goyf pack at Vegas was some paid pro so for him, the foil/nonfoil price of each didn't cover what he was being paid to be there. At the time anyways, now, fuck lol