+ Reply to Thread
Page 213 of 317 FirstFirst ... 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic: The Gathering     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

my friend plays a super irritating deck that's basically delvers, 4 copies of some other horrible creature, and the rest is all counters and bounce. i managed to get a mill off on my first turn that hit one copy of each of his creatures, which i then proceeded to surgically extract.

normally as soon as he has three lands up, you might as well give up because even if you win you'll have to fight through 30 minutes of bullshit counters to get there that it doesn't even feel worth it.

that game was glorious though. it was over before he even got a turn and he knew it, but i refused to let him concede and made him play it out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Supreme Verdict or uhhh sudden death. What is the other creature?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If he's going to be that douchey he should be more familiar with the rules of how basic cards work. I absolutely love the minutiae of rules and considered judging but think it will be more hassle than it's worth. And it irks me to no end when people cling to their concept of the rules without checking the comprehensive to verify. If you're right, it will be right there in black and white. I also find it interesting to read the rules around what I was looking up in case there's a subtle situation I can take advantage of later

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Bit late getting back into this thread. This set looks fantastic and and I'm actually excited to play Standard for the first time since... just after fall states last year! Here's a sketch of something I just started working on for the coming season (no KTK cards yet because Deckbox hasn't added them): https://deckbox.org/sets/781940

As for M15 Draft, gotta say I'm gonna miss it because I had pretty good results! My two favorite and successful combinations have been R/W and U/W. U/G and U/B are also pretty good depending what you get - week before last I had Chasm Skulker with Military Intelligence and Research Assistant in play, then dropped Hornet Queen. So ridiculous!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Anyone prereleasing? What are you guys picking?

I love the midnight prerelease, but I always feel like shit the next day. I'm thinking of doing 2. Prolly going to go Mardu and maybe Sultai.

Picking Mardu, but that probably just means my pool will support everything except Mardu. Happens every fucking prerelease.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Anyone prereleasing? What are you guys picking?

I love the midnight prerelease, but I always feel like shit the next day. I'm thinking of doing 2. Prolly going to go Mardu and maybe Sultai.
    Not doing pre-release, but already got a booster box held for me somewhere. Hopefully I come out in the black from it.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I am headed to my new local game store for a prerelease on Saturday night at 6pm it is two headed giant. I normally don't play 2hg but that is the only prerelease I can make since I am busy on Sunday so it should be interesting. Will have to partner up with someone random. I have no idea what colors the different clans are or what the prerelease promos are for each clan so I don't know which clan to choose.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I work weekends so no pre-releases for me sadly. If I were able to go I'd def pick Abzan first, as it's my favorite 3-color combo. After that probably Sultai or Temur.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    I have no idea what colors the different clans are or what the prerelease promos are for each clan so I don't know which clan to choose.
    There's 8 different promos for each clan, so there's no real point in going by the promo in picking a clan.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...ion-2014-09-17

When you pick a clan and get your clan pack, it will contain one of eight different Prerelease promos for that clan. We won't be revealing the 40 Prerelease promo rares, so what you're going to get will be a mystery.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    There's 8 different promos for each clan, so there's no real point in going by the promo in picking a clan.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...ion-2014-09-17
    I'm glad they're doing this rather than giving everyone a bomb. I understand it's prerelease, but I wish they would go back to the usual 6 packs and do away with the seeded pack entirely.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Went 5-1 with an above average deck. My only loss was very unfortunate. I am not the kinda guy that tilts or gets upset easily and it was very tilting and very upsetting. Kind of a long story, but pretty much frustration from all angles. I had to go outside and take a breather. Came back and proceeded to win out. Split top 8 for 16 packs. Was really fun though, I enjoyed this format a lot.

They ran out of Mardu boxes so I got stuck with Abzan, which surprisingly had a decent pool for building an Abzan deck. Too bad I'm awful at sealed. Got rolled 0-3 before dropping. The format looks like it could be interesting, but it's a veritable maze right now. I've no idea how to build a proper deck in this format.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

3-1 with abzan splashing red for the 5/4 demon rare. Any format where you're jamming like 8 nonbasic lands is fun.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I think I am going to go Abzan if I get a choice or Mardu as a second choice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    They ran out of Mardu boxes so I got stuck with Abzan, which surprisingly had a decent pool for building an Abzan deck. Too bad I'm awful at sealed. Got rolled 0-3 before dropping. The format looks like it could be interesting, but it's a veritable maze right now. I've no idea how to build a proper deck in this format.
    Wow really? Lucky you lol, They ran out of Abzan immediately. I was pretty bummed out. I ended up Mardu and I opened a Sarkhan and a Polluted Delta, so yeah, I guess I'm not that upset.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I went with Sultai because a friend told me to. Got promo Sidisi and a 4 Delve creatures. Turn 5 Sidisi, mill 3, get zombie, exile creatures, player a 3/3 flying or 4/4 trample for 1 mana in one turn is fucking broken. Went 4/3 at the Pre-release. Milled myself out in two games. First was by accident, second was so my opponent couldn't beat me. Had an absolute blast.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Went to 2 headed giant last night. Went Mardu as my partner. We had 2 ok decks. Lost the first 2 rounds, 2 headed giant is only one game per round which is tough. First round lost to mana screw, second round lost to our opponent being lucky and getting his god hand. Would have gone 3/2 but in the very last game of the night we made a play error and attacked with one too many creatures and then they used a combat trick to get rid of our one blocker and swung for lethal. I was pretty pissed I messed that up but overall the set is super fun. Didn't pull anything great except one wooded foothills.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I did two events this past weekend. First was a midnight which I went Mardu because I wanted some cards from it, I went 2-2 but because my store that I go to gives out pack per win, (maximum feelgoods) I got 2 packs that night. Then on Sunday I did Two Headed Giant with a friend of mine and we went 3-1 both with Sultai packs, though I ended up in Abzan, I ended up with some good pulls, I got a Wooded Foothills, Bloodstain Mire, Sorin, Salome Visitor, Abzan Ascendancy, Clever Imposter, Anafenza, The Foremost x2 and a Promo Bloodsoaked Champion.

Notable plays on my part: Surviving a defensive Flying Crane Technique by haven't all of my creatures die thus giving me enough delve to Dead Drop the last two creatures that my opponent had to bring the board to a neutral state. Also, having Kheru Bloodsucker out with Abzan Ascendancy- Sack a creature and Kheru gets a +1/+1 counter, if it's bigger then 4 toughness drain 2 from my opponent, put a 1/1 spirit with flying into play

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Abzan Ascendancy is insane. Sweet pulls.

I've drafted the set twice so far. I definitely think the way to go is draft enemy colors and try to find your third wedge color as a splash. Last night I drafted a pretty aggressive BW deck splashing G for Abzan Charm and 2 5cc gold creatures. It pretty much ran over anyone whose deck was full of CITP tapped lands and people who did an even split between 3 colors and couldn't play half the cards in their hand due to color screw.