+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 317 FirstFirst ... 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic: The Gathering     submit to reddit submit to twitter

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    I'm not surprised in the slightest about Cruise being banned in Modern, but I'm kinda shocked they went so far as to ban it in Legacy. I'm cool with that though.
    That is how I felt too. I was not surprised by changes to Modern but I was very surprised by Legacy and Vintage changes.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly expected Cruise being a no-go for Modern as it was rocking the boat in bad ways. I was secretly hoping for a ban in Legacy so I could enjoy the tears of buttfrustated bandwagoners. And judging from mtgsalvation and leddit threads my cup overflowth.

Worldgorger unbanning is a good troll move and I look forward to Four Horsemen making a comeback and the resulting rage from judges.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I'm surprised about the Birthing Pod banning.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm glad cruise is out of legacy, i've never seen a single card turn the tide of a game so fast then cruise did in delver decks. They're on the losing side on one turn, then next turn cast cruise and basically take over the game and i've seen this multiple times. A lot of people say brainstorm is busted, but i've never seen a card single handily turn around games so consistently and frequently as TC did.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cruise just exemplifies how important card advantage is, especially for in Legacy where decks have been optimized for months. Suddenly a turn 4+ Ancestral Recall gets thrown in and everyone scrambles to adjust to the meta shift (especially for decks that rely on graveyard interaction), only the gap is rather large and the only feasible option is to either run your own Cruise and/or DTT.

As powerful as TC appears Brainstorm blows it out of the water with sheer library/hand manipulation at nearly every stage of the match. Of course it does require significant skill to use which is really it's own saving grace. I swear 75% of Brainstorms I see are out of step or for much-less-than-optimal value and kills my soul. It'd be like someone Time Walking on turn 2 just so they could play another island and drop their Timmy for EXTRA PING VALUE WOMBO COMBO.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Apparently there was a packaging "mistake" and some Fate Reforged boxes are going out where every single land card in the box is a fetch land.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHme5z2uGQc

I doubt this was a mistake.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

When I first heard about this I somehow thought that every last card in all the packs were fetches

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chrius View Post
    When I first heard about this I somehow thought that every last card in all the packs were fetches
    That would be hilarious and awesome all at the same time.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

So, I got a new magic first. I got yelled at, heavily, for about 10 minutes after my match.

Why? Because I was doing a Heroic Aggro standard deck and not taking 5 seconds a turn and took about 20 seconds because this is my first time playing constructed standard in months and I forgot what most of the cards were.

And I'm talking full on freak out. Makes me remember why I don't like to go play FNM at this one location. They're all egotistical assholes who, when they lose to a player that they think they're better than, they freak out, which makes me enjoy the win that much more

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And here I thought my FNM was bad with playing against a fat guy with literal cheeto dust on his hands reading every other card I put down. I was somewhere between boiling rage and suspicious he was doing it on purpose to attempt a judge call on me for having marked sleeves.

Needless to say I didn't enjoy having to touch, shuffle, or resleeve my deck.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Wheel22 View Post
    And here I thought my FNM was bad with playing against a fat guy with literal cheeto dust on his hands reading every other card I put down. I was somewhere between boiling rage and suspicious he was doing it on purpose to attempt a judge call on me for having marked sleeves.

Needless to say I didn't enjoy having to touch, shuffle, or resleeve my deck.
    I don't let people touch my cards if they have greasy or dirty hands. Food hands? No thank you I don't have to let you touch my cards. I will read the card to you. The only weird thing that happened to me at my lgs is a dude presented his deck to me to cut and I was shuffling it and he stopped me and asked me to shuffle his deck without looking at it. I was like wtf? I couldn't see his cards or anything. I have no idea why but it is hard to shuffle without looking at your hands.

Edit: I didn't mind shuffling like that for him but it sure was difficult.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Was this around a few weeks ago? Because of that one dude who massively cheated when he was shuffling his opponents deck, becuase now any SGC coverage I watch, the players are turning their heads when they cut/shuffle. People are really being careful now

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's always been a thing at formal events. You just mash shuffle while looking away.

The sleeves I had were like 25 matches deep and getting tired so I was only highly irked for having to resleeve instead of chillaxing between the rounds. If I had my GP NJ sleeves he would've pulled back a stump.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    So, I got a new magic first. I got yelled at, heavily, for about 10 minutes after my match.
    Why would you take this shit? If someone tried to do that to me, I would tell him to fuck off. Then I'd tell the store owner that he lost a customer because one of his regulars is a dick and walk out.

My GP NJ sleeves will probably never be opened haha. Since they're UltraPro, you know they're going to go to shit the second you shuffle them. So, I keep buying different sleeves to use. It's like a catch 22.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Let the owner know for sure, they don't want toxic players in there any more than you. I'm familiar with a few stories of otherwise regular players being banned for repeated general rudeness. If he's in solid with the owner then you don't need that and I hope more options are available.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Was this around a few weeks ago? Because of that one dude who massively cheated when he was shuffling his opponents deck, becuase now any SGC coverage I watch, the players are turning their heads when they cut/shuffle. People are really being careful now
    Oh yeah I forgot about that incident I guess that is why. It was strange though the way he asked and honestly it was a 2hg pre-release so it wasn't a high competitive event or anything.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Is it possible he was joking about the influx of people caught in shuffle gate

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I have only had an issue with touching someone's cards once. Note: I am an extremely clean individual; I am that person who actually brushes his teeth 5 times a day and after every meal.

There was this guy who really didn't like me, and I caught him cheating several times in the past and called it out. He was an older guy who literally would bring his 6 and 9 year old to the stores and try to start fist fights in front of them when he lost a match.

Well, this was when JTMS was in standard. So I played it, and then used the +2 and tried to look at the top card of his deck. He slapped my hand and the card went flying to the ground. I just told him I dared him to try it again. He forfeited (turn 3 of game 1, first round of that tournament), packed up his bag, and walked out of the store. Ggs!

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I have only had an issue with touching someone's cards once. Note: I am an extremely clean individual; I am that person who actually brushes his teeth 5 times a day and after every meal.
    How did you not completely lose your shit being next to Marn this last year?

On topic, I went to a draft last week and I'm getting the bug again. Are there any decent B/W builds in Standard atm? I've been looking thru the cards available but haven't found anything that really catches my eye. Seems like tokens would the way to go there if I did build something though.

My fallback is something Jeskai centered since I got 2 Soulfire Grandmasters from the packs I won in the draft.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Why would you take this shit? If someone tried to do that to me, I would tell him to fuck off. Then I'd tell the store owner that he lost a customer because one of his regulars is a dick and walk out.

My GP NJ sleeves will probably never be opened haha. Since they're UltraPro, you know they're going to go to shit the second you shuffle them. So, I keep buying different sleeves to use. It's like a catch 22.

I've told this store owner many times at how toxic a majority of his players are. Most have left in the few years I've gone but there are still those players who lose their shit when they start to lose or something doesn't play out super perfectly. I rarely play those people, thankfully. But I guess that day was one of those days