+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: PSN games?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ah well then Savage Moon is pretty challenging

also I think I'm the only person who likes Trash Panic but it's not a TD game.

Anyone trustworthy living in the EU who has Dark Mist want to do a trade, btw?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Savage Moon is fucking hard due to its randomness in AI pathfinding, nor any real means of checking what their current pathing is. (aside from flying creatures)

No idea how my friend managed to perfect all the maps on it, even with the DLC expansion that added an optional 'hard' mode to all pre-existing campaigns.

Comet Crash on the other hand I loved, the demo is well worth giving a try. PixelJunk Monsters I own, but it's a bit slow for my tastes, even with the speed upgrade.

bumpinz to ask a question

Anyone out there play Siren: Blood Curse care to tell me if it's worth it or not? I normally love survival horror but I couldn't for the life of me get through the PS2 version, so I wanted to know how similar/different it was and if it's worth it or not. thanks ;o

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ive been playing some flower that Qal gifted to me, its surprisingly pretty fun.

wtf Qalbert where's my fucking flower

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    bumpinz to ask a question

Anyone out there play Siren: Blood Curse care to tell me if it's worth it or not? I normally love survival horror but I couldn't for the life of me get through the PS2 version, so I wanted to know how similar/different it was and if it's worth it or not. thanks ;o
    I enjoyed the game but the file size for each bundle of episodes was pretty big. I played the PS2 version, couldn't get into the game. I tried Blood Curse at a friends and enjoyed what they'd done with it. I admit, it won't take you long to beat the game but I felt it was a good survival horror.
    The sight jack or whatever they called it is a lot better in this game because you can activate it split screen and still move around while looking through the enemy's eyes. VA is ok~ish I guess, but it's playable.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    my brother and I both have PS3s and while its frowned upon, if I were to buy a game, could it be installed on both systems?
    Games on one PSN account can be installed on up to 5 consoles. Just add your PSN account to your brother's PS3 and vice versa and download again. DON'T remove those accounts afterwards.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Question about PSN games that I'm going to assume is a no. When I check the PSN store on my PS3, I noticed there's a tab for PSP games. Is it possible to play those games on my PS3 only?

I'd rather not buy a PSP just for a couple games but I assume it's not possible; I figured I'd ask though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Question about PSN games that I'm going to assume is a no. When I check the PSN store on my PS3, I noticed there's a tab for PSP games. Is it possible to play those games on my PS3 only?

I'd rather not buy a PSP just for a couple games but I assume it's not possible; I figured I'd ask though.
    sadly no, I know the add says it can do everything but can't play PSP games on PS3

Figured I'd make another list for PSN this time~

Great:

Braid - Stylish indie platformer, arguably the game that kicked off the stylish indie platformer craze. Still one of the best though, for a reason.

Crystal Defenders - Square Enix's tower defense game, set in a final fantasy-ish universe. Gets pretty challenging and has no story, but a good TD game.

Deathspank - Diablo-style hack n slash with lots of humor/style and a great story. Loads of loot including Unicorn Poop!

Fat Princess - Capture the flag action/strategy. Hats let you change classes, you can feed your princess food to make her fatter and harder to capture. Good multiplayer.

Flow - Swim around and eat stuff to get bigger. Very artsy and extremely simple, but beautiful and addictive.

Flower - Travel around meadows collecting flower petals. Extremely relaxing, may be too simple for people looking for more action.

Penny Arcade Episodes 1 & 2 - A humorous adventure with turn-based battles and other RPG elements, set in a steampunk 1920's.

Savage Moon - Tower defense with nice graphics and a good bit of depth/difficulty. I like this a lot better than Comet Crash/Pixeljunk Monsters.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Side scrolling beat em up, complete with tons of video game in-jokes, levels, and River City Ransom-style shops/meals to upgrade your stats.

Siren: Blood Curse - HD follow up to the PS2 survival horror games. You follow the stories of several people trapped in an isolated japanese village full of zombies and raining blood. Not everyone can use weapons so it can get pretty intense/scary. Also available on disc in EU/Asia if you want a physical copy.

Super Stardust HD - Twin stick space shooter, with multiple weapons and gorgeous particle effects. Probably the closest thing to Geometry Wars on the system.

Tales of Monkey Island - The new iterations in the point-and-click series originally released for PC/Wii, now on PS3. If you like the Monkey Island series or enjoyed the Sam & Max reboots it's worth picking up.

Trine - Play as a rogue, wizard, and knight (all trapped in the same body) with unique skills to solve puzzles and find a way to unfuse yourselves. Great graphics, RPG-ish leveling and gear to collect, and decent multiplayer.

Wipeout HD - The same high-speed racing-with-weapons gameplay as the PS1/PS2 versions, as well as a techno soundtrack from famous artists, now in HD. You can make your own custom soundtrack too.

Good:
    Bionic Commando Rearmed
    Blast Factor
    Comet Crash
    Critter Crunch
    Cuboid
    Family Feud
    Joe Danger
    Megaman 9 & 10
    Mushroom Wars
    Pain
    Pixeljunk Eden
    Pixeljunk Monsters
    Pixeljunk Shooter
    Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
    Sam & Max Season 3
    Shatter
    Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment
    Watchmen

Good Ports/Remakes:
    Earthworm Jim HD
    Monkey Island 1 & 2 SE
    Prince of Persia Classic
    Rocket Knight Adventures

Worth Mentioning:
    Blue Toad Murder Files, Crash Commando, Dark Mist (EU only), Echochrome, Elefunk, Gravity Crash, Last Guy, Loco Roco Cocoreccho, Noby Noby Boy, Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection, Trash Panic

There's probably some stuff I'm missing or listed in the wrong category or whatever. In terms of non-games, Tori Emaki is gorgeous (if you have a PS Eye), but Linger in Shadows is pretty much retarded.

I also didn't include Minis. Anyone know any really good Minis worth purchasing? I hear good things about Young Thor and Tehra Dark Warrior but having no demos for minis is a big turnoff for me lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Question about Crystal Defenders. I've considered buying this game quite a few times, but I've never played a full version of a tower defense game, so I'm not really sure what they're all about. Is it more of an RTS type game? Do levels eventually end or is it just streams of enemies that go on until you die? I've had a lot of nontraditional gamers (Farmville, Mafia Wars types) talk to me about them but I had always assumed they were extremely casual "I can play this in 3 minutes types games" that had no end.

Generally speaking in Tower Defense games there are waves of enemies that come at you, I think crystal defenders has 20-25 waves per stage, the stage ends when you defeat all waves or when your health depletes to 0 by letting too many enemies through. They start off easy, like 6-8 simple enemies, but they'll mix it up by adding armored enemies, enemies with huge amounts of health, or enemies that fly and can only be targeted by certain turrets.

Defeating enemies earns you money, which you use to either build new towers, or upgrade your current ones. Sometimes there are waves where you can get away with not building anything, or just upgrading a single tower to handle the first few waves of a stage. Most TD games have a tower that can slow down enemies as well, or longer range towers that fire slower, or anti-air turrets which are good for flying enemies but not much else.

Crystal Defenders is definitely one of the better ones out there although Savage Moon is pretty good as well. If there aren't any demos for those 2 I'd try out the demos for Pixeljunk Monsters or Comet Crash, since those would give you a general idea what the genre's gameplay is actually like.

oh snap, finally. Too bad everyone already bought scott pilgrim lol

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

It has one thing Scott Pilgrim doesn't have though, which a lot of people wanted. Online co-op.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's still way too fucking late like Braid was, I have zero interest in playing it at this point since I already been through the majority of it on a friends' 360, and like Braid, it'll be the same price as it was on XBLA.

Just hoping that third game of theirs won't be a huge-ass long wait for PS3 also.

I really didn't like alien hominid whatsoever

and it's shitty that they make you buy it to unlock the character/weapon in castle crashers, lol

Well I just upgraded to psn+ today since it's pretty much what $3 a month if you buy the 1 year with 3 bonus months added on. Critter crunch was free to download and after playing it for the past 2 hours I would move it up to the top of your list.

Also: If you want your wife/Girlfriend to start playing games, start with puzzle games. I started my wife with some bejeweled, then got her to play puzzle quest 2, which she LOVED. Now she's playing critter crunch. My goal is to get her to start FF14 when it releases.

yea I really liked Critter Crunch, it's one of the better puzzle games on PSN. Really nice animated cutscenes too, the game seems to have abnormally high production values for a puzzle game.

If you're into puzzle games you should check out Lumines as well, it's on pretty much every system and it's a lot of fun, definitely one of my favorites.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast