+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Men     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I miss Faye already.

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    I cant believe joan and peggy had a mutual bitching session.
    This scene was fantastic.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Trichocyst View Post
    I knew Dr. Miller wasn't going to last. And I get the impression that Megan is something of a femme fatale. She's savvy and has poise. She's calm and sly. I don't entirely trust her intentions and I think that's why I like her.

And can Greg die already? Come on.
    Definitely, she speaks French after all. Gonna be interesting to see what they do with her character, she's pretty new to the show, hasn't really been that well developed.

Gotta say I still miss Don's old lady secretary though, she made me crack up every episode.

Old Merits
    BG Level

She's so new that I thought the whole marriage proposal was a dream or a trip or something. The continuity seemed off as well since they were on their way to Disneyland and then the next scene is back in NYC. Was really weird too since Dr. Miller pretty much sacrificed her job for him at his request, he told her about his past and everything just seemed to be going right between the two of them. I guess having good babysitting skills is super important to Don to the point of absurdity.

The scene between Peggy and Joan made the episode for me though.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    I guess having good babysitting skills is super important to Don to the point of absurdity.
    Being good with kids does tend to be really important with single parents, speaking as someone that dated a single parent for a while... I imagine it'd be doubly important for a dad who hates spending a lot of time with his kids.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yea, but was Miller that bad and this chick (I can't even remember her name) that much better? Don really isn't a single parent in the sense that he's only one a day or two every (other) week? Doesn't seem like enough reason to not only just dump Miller and date her but to dump Miller and marry her without knowing hardly anything about her other than she's good with kids, has (minor) copywriter aspirations and likes NSA hookups with older men.

I think Miller was foreshadowing on the phone when she said Don only likes the beginnings of things. I expect to see a serious falling out between him and his new wife at latest midway through next season.

BG Level

He'd be better off with a nanny that he can boink every now and then.

Also, her name was Faye... And I was in love with her.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bumping, finally.

Everything has been pretty damn awkward so far.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Alright, so:

Spoiler: show
    Episode 1 almost felt like it was re-establishing relationships that didn't exist. The Megan/Don stuff is pretty awkward. There's this weird, inconsistent, energy in their scenes together. He doesn't want her to be willful, she wants him to be lively, she wants to get down to business, he just wants to play. It's an odd dynamic and I can't tell how much I like it. I still feel like she should be this slick femme fatale, but she's not really dripping much in the way of those hints. And it seems like she's very familiar with Don's past.

Sally's voice changed quite a bit and maybe Bobby's actor will stabilize. Gene is the new Bobby.

I like the Megan/Peggy dynamic a whole lot better because Peggy is her boss, but not really. Megan has more power in the office. I also like that Peggy is still with Abe. I really want Peggy, more than anybody else, to end this show with a decent man. And never Don.

The Joan at home with Mama stuff I wasn't big on. And fucking Greg made it back from Vietnam? Come on. Bullshit.

Oh and how great is it that Bert Cooper is back? Best idea ever.

"Did you get him a pony?"

Kind of an odd episode, but I'm really pumped that it's back at all. I mean, there was a really typical 60's French pop song.

BG Level

New season was tonight? Didn't even realize.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dear God, if you took a drink every time something amazingly awkward happened, you'd be three sheets to the wind by now.

Now that was some weird shit.

I get the feeling that Lane not handing the wallet to a black guy is a Chekov's Gun. The beginning of episode 1 made it pretty clear that race would be more of an issue this season. It might just be a convenient excuse to get him into an affair, but, eh.

It was nice to see Megan show some emotion outside of that manic pixie dream girl thing she has going, but holy shit, that was some kinky shit at the end there. Her character is so fucking hard to peg down. Weird shit. The power play between them is pretty intense though. I feel like it will be a really interesting dynamic, but right now... It's just strange and awkward. Kinda creepy. She's definitely not Betty. It's like she wants to deconstruct his entire being and he's both scared shitless and enthralled.

Again the Joan stuff kinda bored me.

Harry Crane is a total chump.

Good to be back!

I have to agree, the episode just felt weird to me..... The whole scene with Megan cleaning the house in her undies and her telling him he can't have it and sit over there and just watch was just... weird. i didn't care for that scene at all... it was just strange... i really liked her character, and now it seems they are totally flipping her roll and turning her into something... strange and another one of his chicks that I can't stand....

E. Body
    BG Level

joan's whole office visit was the highlight for me
    harry fucking up again is a treat
    fuck 60's/70's outfits ruled. need a list of the songs used, anyone know the name of that tune that played when sally was waking up in the beginning?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The song when Sally wakes up is just original soundtrack, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Trichocyst View Post
    And fucking Greg made it back from Vietnam? Come on. Bullshit.
    Huh? How is that bullshit? Do you think there was no survivors in Vietnam? Do you think everyone that went was killed? Not only that but he is a Doctor, so he is not out on the battlefield, a lot less of a chance to be killed....

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddle Sticks View Post
    Huh? How is that bullshit? Do you think there was no survivors in Vietnam? Do you think everyone that went was killed? Not only that but he is a Doctor, so he is not out on the battlefield, a lot less of a chance to be killed....
    i think that it's bullshit because greg is laaaame

Quote Originally Posted by Kais View Post
    i think that it's bullshit because greg is laaaame
    '
    Haha, Agree! And I guess maybe I misunderstood.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's bullshit because:

Almost two seasons ago Greg raped his wife and got away with it.

I've been waiting for him to die, or something, ever since and I was sure Vietnam was going to answer my prayers.

BG Level

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...532yo3_250.gif

Also, the moment between Pete and Peggy with Joan's baby in the office was hilarious.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Really, really enjoyed the episode. So glad this show is finally back

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I kept thinking Sally was up to something when we saw her at the beginning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast