Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

What's Better?

Quote Originally Posted by colomis View Post
    Rocl:To avoid the unecessary creation of thousands of simple gear comparison threads, we'll attempt to make this your generic gear question thread. If it doesn't work, I blame Suiram. If it does work, all credit goes to me. So let us begin with the OP's question:

Blau Dolch or Stylet??
    Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    The Second Thread

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

What's better: Salvage/Dynamis/Kings/Einherjar

or FoV!?

>_>

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Hey why's the old one gone?

Going from last topic, regarding DRK 5hit vs. 6hit. Raen said it's a 20% increase in WS frequency. Nope. It's 25%. Short summary on DRK 5hit is that the safe combo is rose strap and ACP body w/ 10 ACC and 4 STP, and you can wear PCC this way (on top of rajas/ecphoria/brutal/carbonara). If you're accurate enough you can start tweaking it even more with aurum and chiv chains and pole grips.

Scythe can 5 hit now?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's always been able to, I have no clue why people don't use it. I thought of the thing when my friend got aurum cuirass over a year ago but he didn't have sea at that time yet (= no rajas, thus no 5hit). He then made that his goal and damn it's working fiiiine.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Reposting since I didn't really get an answer last thread:

Oily Trousers for COR. Would I be better off with those or Pahluwan? Same for RNG. Or rather, what legs should I use on RNG when I get higher? Currently using Akinji, and want to know the upgrade(s) I should be looking for. And not Hachiryu haidate.

And this is for Shooting TP/WSing. Have access to Enkidu legs as well for COR an RNG.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Oily beat Pahluwan for TP and moreso ranged or WS, however /ra and WS Dusk win, and TP Skadi/Barbarossa win (Oily for TP if you don't have 'em).

RNG depends on using 6-hit or 5-hit stuff.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For DRG/sam, dont have aurum or homam body.

Ares's Body + Rose Strap vs Askar Body + Pole grip to keep 6 hit?

I think its 12 attack 7 str vs 4% DA

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For RNG you want Hachiryu Haidate for TPing/WSing in when you arent aiming for an x-hit build. Skadi if they are apart of your x-hit build. And relic/+1 for TPing in on HNMs(I use a -enmity build on HNMs)

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by transmit View Post
    For DRG/sam, dont have aurum or homam body.

Ares's Body + Rose Strap vs Askar Body + Pole grip to keep 6 hit?

I think its 12 attack 7 str vs 4% DA
    Depends on the rest of your gear I think. If you have Vork, you're fine. Otherwise, you need one more sTP with traditional gear to gain a 6-hit Build.

26sTP needed for 6-Hit:

15 (Sub SAM) + 5 (Rajas) + 1 (Brutal) + 4 (Rose Strap).

On the same note however, I would like to ask if Aurum + Pole Strap is better than Ares + Rose Strap. What if the Aurum combo lets you use Foragers > Cuchulains (Does it?)?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sorry I forgot to mention, I use V fork (3), brutal (1), rajas (5), currently

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryuu View Post
    It's always been able to, I have no clue why people don't use it.
    Because Colibri are the basis for everything that matters, always, ever! And nobody wants them eating their delicious Carbonara...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Would it be better to change my current Nuevo +5 Fast cast +5 Enmity to +10 ACC +5 FC and idle in that? Then swap to IR body for enmity on flash/JAs. I assume I could have the Nuevo on at the start of flash, and then IR at the end for the enmity.

Or should I just idle in Haub, swap in Nuevo for Utsu/flash, and IR for everything else?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryuu View Post
    Hey why's the old one gone?

Going from last topic, regarding DRK 5hit vs. 6hit. Raen said it's a 20% increase in WS frequency. Nope. It's 25%. Short summary on DRK 5hit is that the safe combo is rose strap and ACP body w/ 10 ACC and 4 STP, and you can wear PCC this way (on top of rajas/ecphoria/brutal/carbonara). If you're accurate enough you can start tweaking it even more with aurum and chiv chains and pole grips.
    7hit to 6hit is a decrease in hits from 6 to 5 between WS which is 1/6 which is -16.7%, so 6hit to 5hit is a decrease in hits from 5 to 4 between WS which is 1/5 which is -20%. Change/original... is that wrong? <_<

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Stubwub View Post
    Would it be better to change my current Nuevo +5 Fast cast +5 Enmity to +10 ACC +5 FC and idle in that? Then swap to IR body for enmity on flash/JAs. I assume I could have the Nuevo on at the start of flash, and then IR at the end for the enmity.

Or should I just idle in Haub, swap in Nuevo for Utsu/flash, and IR for everything else?
    Flash, Reprisal, and Utsusemi: Ni are too short to reliably swap twice during their cast, not to mention that ending them in Fast Cast will reduce their recast timers, which is going to be more important that 1 more Enmity.

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    7hit to 6hit is a decrease in hits from 6 to 5 between WS which is 1/6 which is -16.7%, so 6hit to 5hit is a decrease in hits from 5 to 4 between WS which is 1/5 which is -20%. Change/original... is that wrong? <_<
    Because the relevant statistic is the change in weaponskill frequency rather than the change in the number of hits, it's necessary to compare the inverses of the hit counts rather than the hit counts themselves. So for 6-hit to 5-hit, it's 1/5 (one weaponskill every five normal hits) to 1/4 (one weaponskill every four normal hits), which is a 25% increase in frequency.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah, that makes sense; I guess I was looking at it too simplistically. Even given that, my analysis still points in further of Perdu 6hit unless your accuracy is very close to cap.

Repost from the old thread:

With regards to Tachi: Rana, I'm wondering if it's worthwhile using an attack build for WS instead of my standard WS set? I know Rana is more attack-based than the other Samurai weaponskills, but I'd rather not have to carry a few more pieces of gear for a WS that will only be used for me to self-darkness.

Current WS build: FFXIGEAR.com
    Proposed Rana build: FFXIGEAR.com

Also, is there any reason I should carry my Rutter Sabatons around if I have Askar Gambieras? Same STR with a few less ATT, but +1 inventory.

Thanks!

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

From that last topic, I have a very hard time believing Sushi + Raparee harness could beat Acc/DW Mirke + Meat, if we consider proper gear in other slots (Read: Homam).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    A 7hit is doing 6 melee swings and a 6hit is doing 5 melee swings and a 5hit is doing 4 melee swings. WS are instant. Going from 6 to 5 is a 20% increase, going from 5 to 4 is a 25% increase.

If you're having a hard time with this kind of math (I have in the past, in no way this is meant to be condwhateverthewordis, condescensing?) you can make a timeline with a fictional melee damage, fictional WS damage, and 100% hitrate, in excel or so. If a WS does 1000 and a swing does 100 w/ a 6hit it'd be:

100 - 100 - 100 - 100 - 100 - 1100 (repeat)

Compare that to a 5hit, total the amount of damage after a lot of repetitions, and it'll be 25% more damage for the 5hit.

For DRK, the 'best' thing is probably rose strap/ACP body combo. You sacrifice 2% DA, 12 attack, 1 DEX, 1 STR, 2 ACC, and some delay and you gain 25% WS frequency. If your DRK has capped-ish hitrate (for instance under Diabolic Eye) you can do Aurum/Chiv/Ecph and gain some DEX, STR and attack, not to mention retaining 2% DA. Losing a potential 1% haste on ring though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast