+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Nah, Sean Bean as the Tank...because we all know, the tank dies at least once, so Bean would be perfect for dying >.>

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Meph: That totally reminds me of The Forbidden Kingdom (white boy enters a medieval-era China with Jackie Chan and Jet Li .... learns martial arts .... helps defeat the big bad ... transported back to the real world with the skills)

Oh shit man there's so many angles they can tackle this movie from !!!

Nah, Sean Bean as the Tank...because we all know, the tank dies at least once, so Bean would be perfect for dying >.>
    Ah yes the most recent movie which I've watched with him in it (was a repeat) was Silent Hill -- he just did a load of ... nothing, so that totally wiped his death toll off my memory.

Can have him eat dirt at the climax of the film when boss is at 1% HP ... lol.

---

So that leaves room for 2 woman roles! We want to avoid the token girl idea, hence 2! =p

I'm probably not being that creative but the idea of trying to predict which direction this movie goes is slightly exciting, even if it is too soon. I guess Video Game movies are something that I personally am quite fascinated about, especially if it's a game I know quite well. It's funny reading/watching the behind the scenes stuff to find out what the director was thinking (in some cases, intelligence, in other cases, plain ignorance).

---

Never read RoC but the very idea of that is very fitting. Arthas (Sean Bean? >_>) fighting monsters and then growing slowly insane towards the end is a brilliant sequel hook (despite us knowing what will happen) and an excellent way to provide a second movie where we have a random pick up group (lol) go take Lich King down (Ice Crown Citadel can essentially be modified into some Indiana Jones style temple, traps, mobs, bosses, lol)

Act 1 - Minor backstory, Arthas being all YEAHHHHH, a hero
    Act 2 - Culling of Stratholme, Jaina goes emo (omg drama)
    Act 3 - Camping trip to Northend, find sword, Arthas NOOOOOOOO DO NOT WANT moment
    <credits>
    Post-Credits Scene - Arthas appears in Lordaron and kills
    Spoiler: show
    daddy

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

And that sets up a second trilogy, Wrath of the Lich King. Fuck yeah.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

There's a lot more that they can do between Arthas' return to Lordaeron and the Lich King. The arcs of Sylvanas, Illidan/Malfurion/Tyrande/Maiev, and Kael'thas have a lot of good material as well (Kael'thas' probably the weakest among those). You have tragic heroes, various degrees of redemption, some love interest/drama, and a handful of iconic scenes that could be amazing if done well. It's just a matter of if they can do it well, and how much they want to milk the franchise (probably a lot).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'd be happy if they dont use any famous actors/actresses, they get $100+M budget, lets not spend most of it paying the cast.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I agree. Find a good casting director to find actors with potential. Warcraft is a big enough name that they don't need A-list actors to draw in the crowd.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I see WoW players watching this, and maybe dragging family and friends(?), but I don't know how many others will watch it.

Do you really think there is the demand for more than one flick?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

as long as it doesnt bomb like DnD did

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Only thing good about that movie was Jeremy Irons !

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Moon director Duncan Jones is hard at work with Blizzard developing the long awaited big screen adaptation of World of Warcraft. Thanks to /Film, we've learned that the movie will start shooting in 2014! They recently caught up with producer Charles Roven who said,

First quarter 2014 we’re going to shoot that movie. We’re moving forward; obviously Legendary is making that film and I’m having a great time with Duncan.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/31...ting-2014.html
    http://www.slashfilm.com/legendary-p...-for-warcraft/

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Now hold on a second. Video games have always translated well into movies.

For example, there's Super Mari - oh.
    Well, there's Double Dr - huh.
    I mean, they made Street Figh - erm . . .
    Okay, we always have Mortal Kom . . . right . .
    Wait! There was that great . .. Doom . . . movie . . .

This is going to be like taking $200 million and throwing it in a wood chipper.
    Hey, SMB had John Leguizammo(sp) as Luigi, that was awesome. Don't forget Dennis Hopper as Bowser.

The first MK wasn't to bad, the second one though was loltastic.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Would love a Double Dragon reboot that doesn't fucking suck, or....BATTLETOADS OH GOD FAP

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

yeah 1st MK was ok, dont forget the 1st Silent Hill too.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

I think the first Silent Hill is the best video game movie out there.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

if no one has a yellow ! over there head, is it really WoW?

also, there is a lot of WoW lore and all that they could make a really cool fantasy movie.

Problem is, all that lore translates to a problem stuff like manga/anime/comics/games face when being translated to film: You can't really do it justice by squeezing it into a 90-120m flick.

I don't know the WoW lore, so my ultimate question would be what fits into such a time slot? Slapping some random joes together to raid a castle feels too generic. Would Alliance and Horde be a factor? How much Arthas pre-LK? After? Draenei and Pandas even in the equation? If they plan on doing multiple films, then sure, they can pan out a better plot. But standalone is just to bound to be shitty, and at worst, a disgrace to the fans.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I think if done right, the first "Warcraft" could be fit into a movie...but then this comes back to if people actually KNOW the WoW lore.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Holy crap, there was a big surprise at the Legendary/Warner Bros. panel just now. We saw the-first ever teaser for the World of Warcraft movie, in which a mighty armored warrior goes head-to-head with a huge green orc.

The footage showcased an alien-looking landscape full of rocky outcroppings, where a sweaty unshaven figure in armor is drinking water from a leather pouch. There's a cage with rocks in it, a squeaking noise, green lightning in the sky. The man tosses the water pouch on the ground, and draws his sword with a loud ringing sound. He takes a shield from an armored skeleton, and bangs his sword against it.

And then you see the massive arm of a... creature... heading towards him. We glimpse the green skin and some of the armor, and then finally we get an extreme closeup of the orc as it raises its axe and brings it down onto the man's head.

And director Duncan Jones came out and told the crowd that he always wanted to make movies where "you delve into fantasy" — and this project is a dream come true, because he gets to create a whole world. And he announced that he starts filming in early 2014.
    http://io9.com/we-just-saw-the-first...t-mo-850981837

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

so...its the original wow-intro?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast