WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Warcraft: The Beginning (June 10, 2016)

Director: Duncan Jones
    Writers: Duncan Jones & Charles Leavitt
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096
    Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_%28film%29

Synopsis:
    The film portrays the origin story of the initial encounters between the humans and the orcs, with an emphasis upon empathizing both the Alliance and Horde sides of their conflict. Featuring characters such as Durotan and Lothar, the film will take place in a variety of locations established in the video game series.
    Cast:

Travis Fimmel
    Paula Patton
    Ben Foster - Medivh
    Dominic Cooper
    Toby Kebbell
    Robert Kazinsky
    Clancy Brown
    Callum Keith Rennie - Moroes
    Ben Schnetzer
    Ryan Robbins - Karos
    Daniel Wu

Trailers:

Clips:

Notes:
    - Announcement;
    Spoiler: show
    Destructoid - Sam Raimi to direct World of Warcraft film

Movie

Raimi, acclaimed director of the blockbuster Spider-Man series, will bring the forces of the Horde and the Alliance to life in epic live-action film. Charles Roven's Atlas Entertainment will produce alongside Raimi's Stars Road Entertainment.

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Legendary Pictures announced today that Sam Raimi has signed on to direct the eagerly-anticipated major motion picture based on Blizzard Entertainment®’s award-winning Warcraft® universe. Raimi has, in the course of his career, clearly demonstrated a genius for developing and adapting existing fictional universes for mainstream audiences while staying true to the spirit of the original content.

Raimi directed the Spider-Man trilogy, which has broken box-office records around the world and garnered five Academy Award® nominations. Known for his imaginative filmmaking style, richly drawn characters and offbeat humor, Raimi wrote and directed the cult classic, The Evil Dead and produced 30 Days Of Night. He most recently wrote and directed the supernatural thriller, Drag Me To Hell.

“At its core, Warcraft is a fantastic, action-packed story,” said Raimi. “I am thrilled to work with such a dynamite production team to bring this project to the big screen.”

Charles Roven’s producing talents were recently seen with last summer’s blockbuster The Dark Knight, which grossed in excess of $1 billion, was nominated for eight Academy Awards® and won two. His body of work also includes the widely acclaimed Batman Begins and the sci-fi classic 12 Monkeys. Roven, with Atlas producing partner Alex Gartner, will be producing with Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull, Legendary’s Chief Creative Officer Jon Jashni, Raimi and Raimi’s producing partner Joshua Donen. Raimi’s partner, Robert Tapert, will be an Executive Producer and Blizzard Entertainment’s Senior Vice President of Creative Development, Chris Metzen, a Co-Producer.

“Partnering with Sam Raimi exemplifies Legendary's mandate of marrying the highest quality intellectual property to world-class filmmakers,” said Legendary’s Tull. “Sam's passion for 'Warcraft' is undeniable and we know that he will create an incredible film worthy of Blizzard's phenomenal franchise. We look forward to collaborating with our partners at Warner Bros. and continuing our successful relationship with Chuck in bringing this rich new world to the screen.”
    The article is pretty long. I think this is an......OKAY decision. Spider Man 1 and 2 were actually pretty good. And 3 was good too minus that one part that we won't talk about. I was thinking more along the lines of LOTR (Jackson) or Pan's Labyrinth (Del Toro) type directors, who could tell a really epic story, and I'm not sure if Raimi can do it...

What do you guys think?

- Filmaker is seeking a PG-13 rating
    - Begins filming on January 13, 2014

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Bruce Campbell for Lich King

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Bruce Campbell for Lich King
    This or the film will fail.

Blackice

I think this will fail miserably.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I think a film based on this game will fail anyway. We don't even have to mention how many people will be farming gold just to watch it.

So what you are trying to say is WoW might finally have a storyline plot? Maybe? Nah prolly not.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Shia for thrall

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Well to be fair, Street Fighter was the best comedy ever and the first Mortal Kombat was actually decent.

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Well to be fair, Street Fighter was the best comedy ever and the first Mortal Kombat was actually decent.
    Street Fighter was so fucking terrible it looped all the way back to fucking awesome.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I actually liked the first mortal kombat movie but street fighter's should never have been made. Mortal Kombat annihilation was so fucking horrible only thing to watch out of that movie was sonya

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

I have hopes that it will do well, however I do find it hard to fit a proper storyline into WoW's huge lore.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Bruce Campbell for every role
    ftfy and let the epicness begin.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

John Leguizamo as Luigi was awesome. Fuck you guys who hate on the Mario Bros. movie.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well to be fair, Street Fighter was the best comedy ever

the chinese version?

Making this movie in general is a horrible, horrible fucking idea.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

More importantly, new Evil Dead in 2010.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Well if it's bassed on the Warcraft story from 1-3 thats fine.

If it's based on stuff that's happened in WoW then, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    Well if it's bassed on the Warcraft story from 1-3 thats fine.

If it's based on stuff that's happened in WoW then, no thanks.
    ^ Warcraft 3 had plenty of story that could be used in a movie if they do it right.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    More importantly, new Evil Dead in 2010.
    Whoa Whoa Whoa...

What you say? Seriously? How did I not hear about this...

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Whoa Whoa Whoa...

What you say? Seriously? How did I not hear about this...
    that's why sam raimi made spiderman in the first place. He wanted money so he could make another evil dead...funny thing was spiderman did so well he had to make the other 2 before he could get around to it. ><;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast