+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I am glad that you seem to be enjoying yourself BRP!

I am loving the images as well.

Black Belt
    BG Level

didn't take too long looking at the images, but one interesting thing I noticed is that you get a bonus on dungeon scores by playing in a PC-Bang/net cafe place. there's also rank bonus, some sort of level bonus (maybe low level?), a guild bonus, and then one I'm not sure about. the newbie zone is called Goblin Forest; the next zone level-wise is Goblin (fort/lair/something or other).

cool shit. I think I'll try getting this set up today.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

That's really cool. The characters don't look super duper impressive, but the scenery sure as hell does. Wish it was in English or just less of a bitch to deal with.

Black Belt
    BG Level

anyone got some tips for the fucktacular registration system? I'm running into a wall with making a Hangame account (which seems to be needed to download the client).

the ID checker says the ID I chose is OK, but then when I try to submit it tells me something about a duplicate ID.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Only 3 accounts can be linked per KSSN, probably something to do with that if you're using a KSSN you found. Here's a guide for registering on Hangame, it was for Monster Hunter Frontier but the account works across all hangame games.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/mh...n_guide_v2.JPG
    The gookrunes it mentions at address are 자양동, but I'm sure you're capable of throwing in any yourself.

I'd offer to give you my account, but I haven't a clue how to change the password and I ended up using one I use on other sites.

Black Belt
    BG Level

ah, that clears things up. first off, I managed to simplify the whole process... in the picture you posted, you can click on the third option (ID) and then just fill out the form. you need to have at least one number/symbol in password. for username, you just have to click on the bold text in the availability pop-up window, which is what your guide clued me in on (the text just says basically "use this ID", had no clue I should click it lol).

the first option and the second option on the opening screen are for 14 and under or something, I think.

ymmv though. I'm on a Korean IP/service provider.

question though... what is KSSN? >_>

EDIT: nvm

now I have to verify my age. KSSN is korean social security number? lol. wonder if they let waygooks use our ID numbers

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yes, KSSN is social security number and is exactly why it is a pain in the ass to register, I tried hundreds of different KSSN I found with no luck before I eventually got a working one. The first 2 options are over 14 and 14 or under I think, that's why you have to click the left one. I have no understanding of Korean, but that guide worked perfectly for me once I got a working KSSN. The only difference I had to the image was after the page where you have to agree to the terms of service. After that you're supposed to click the "Register without verification" shit, but that page didn't even come up at all for me.

lol sup beckwin
    if anyone wants to play, i have 3 IDs i can register for you nigs
    and how the FUCK have i never heard about this game until now? this shit look so fucking dope man

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

50 shades of brown is gorgeous.

Also, I wouldn't mind trying it, the battle system is what intrigues me the most, graphics are so-so, not the great but it's a korean MMO that will in the end have a grind in one way or another - most likely in the forms of leveling.

Tried registering but could never get that first window to show up, so I gave up. qq

[edit]

It almost reminds me of Mabinogi Heroes, another game with a similar style of combat.

@yayaok

Wouldn't mind if you hooked me up as well.

Black Belt
    BG Level

yaya hook it up man! I don't think me using a hacked KSSN while living in Korea on a Korean IP would be a good idea lol... going to jail/paying a lot of won isn't on my agenda. PM me or something.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wouldn't mind an ID if you don't mind yayaok :D

Banned.

BG Level

In my screenshots there is almost always just as much green or more. This is excluding the boss room screenshots. "BROWN!" doesn't apply to just dirt, it applies to buildings covered in sand or dust surrounded by sand or dirt. Missing the point / taking a joke too far.

So far the closest thing to grind I've found to be that you can't skip the highest difficulty setting on each map, you have to unlock them by clearing the previous difficulties(and sometimes getting a score of 'Normal' or 'Good') Things might slow down eventually, but so far leveling has been going by really quickly. (The best thing about leveling is buying new techniques through a skill point system. Game is very customizable)

Banned.

BG Level

Also KSSNs should not be taken lightly. They are rare as fuck and for hangame, a single account is used for all games. I wouldn't give one to someone unless they are really interested.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    In my screenshots there is almost always just as much green or more. This is excluding the boss room screenshots. "BROWN!" doesn't apply to just dirt, it applies to buildings covered in sand or dust surrounded by sand or dirt. Missing the point / taking a joke too far.

So far the closest thing to grind I've found to be that you can't skip the highest difficulty setting on each map, you have to unlock them by clearing the previous difficulties(and sometimes getting a score of 'Normal' or 'Good') Things might slow down eventually, but so far leveling has been going by really quickly. (The best thing about leveling is buying new techniques through a skill point system. Game is very customizable)
    Don't get all defensive when I make a slight joke and do what you do in every other gaming thread - comment on some aspect of it that doesn't strike me as a good quality.

And what exactly is the level cap in this game? Assuming there is one of course. You can not judge a game's grind based on the first 10-15 levels. All KoreanMMOs do this, which is making the first few levels easy to handle then they go elbow deep into your rectum without lube by taking away the exp curve and just making it a 90 degree angle.

I still like the combat system though, I will give it that.

Banned.

BG Level

That wasn't being defensive, that was a correction.

I have no impressions yet on higher level play or how far the game goes.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Like I mentioned, I'd play with you guys if I could get past the fucktacular registration process. If Yaya wanted to help out... >.>;

I've played imports and games in other languages before a lot. Korean's probably one of my least favorite because katakana for stuff like PSO: BB is a shit ton easier ot remember but eh. That game looks gorgeous. I'm curious if my PC would even be able to run it to look that good.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Really, Aki? Hangul is one of the easiest written languages I've ever studied that doesn't use roman characters (Japanese and Manderin being the others). It's just ch'osong (beginning consonant) -> chungsong (vowel) -> chongsong (final consonant) for every character. Example: ㄴ= n, ㅏ = a, ㅁ = m. Put them together to make 남 = nam, or neam depending on which form of romanization you follow. Mix and match to make other characters like 문 = meun/mun. The only tricky part is what to do with ㅇwhen it's the ch'osong, but even those rules don't take long to learn.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Really, Aki? Hangul is one of the easiest written languages I've ever studied that doesn't use roman characters (Japanese and Manderin being the others). It's just ch'osong (beginning consonant) -> chungsong (vowel) -> chongsong (final consonant) for every character. Example: ㄴ= n, ㅏ = a, ㅁ = m. Put them together to make 남 = nam, or neam depending on which form of romanization you follow. Mix and match to make other characters like 문 = meun/mun. The only tricky part is what to do with ㅇwhen it's the ch'osong, but even those rules don't take long to learn.
    Hrm. Interesting. If I went into lessons for some time or played a game for a really long time, I'm sure I'd get used ot it like I did the Katakana in PSO: Blue Burst, but it just looks so complicated to me from the outset. D:

Black Belt
    BG Level

hangul only takes a couple hours to get the gist of. it's fucking korean grammar and pronunciation that can be a bitch. it's considered the most difficult language for english speakers to learn, and it's also the one that takes the longest for native acquisition.

but just learning some menu options ought to be fairly easy.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hook me up with your neighbor's KSSN Beckwin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast