BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fields of Valor reviews     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I know I don't touch anything over DC in strength. Kill speed is where it is at if you want to clear 3 pages an hour. I have gone a route that lets me precap weapons on previous jobs. I double or triple up on weapon types so I don't have to burn time skilling too much. Like SAM, WAR and DRG on Polearm. Great Axe is high enough to get DRK to the level of Rampage and then 1h Axe takes over. That was already up from BST. Archery was already around 200, so RNG is good. Sword and Dagger already capped. The only pain will be H2H since it is E rated on NIN, I may just let that level as I go and be gimp. It will take me about a week to cap out every valid weapon class for Maat when the time comes.

think a lot of ppl missed the point
    Nah, FoV was SE's answer to WoW quested exp. I have been playing for a long long time and just can't stand partying with strangers any more. I get my 12k/day /anon and then do events with my people. I play with friends only.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Just for the lulz i started a new player on a new server. I lvled in one day to lvl 15 on whm using FoV(this is without a sub job) and FoV at the same time combed with the gil i made NPCing and AHing stuff got me every spell i needed.

FoV was done very well, I wish it was in at the very start of the game, it really is a system that helps out new players so much. The gil to us might seem really low, and that is true. However to a lvl 1 person lvling blm or whm or anything for the 1st time the 50-100 gil per day is very very good. It can pay for a lot of low lvl gear.

If FoV was in at the start I would think that the numbers in FFXI would be much much higher. The reason people left was because the low lvls sucked for about 3 years. It is no longer that way at all. With a little look at how hard the mobs are you can solo your way to 37 and make the gil needed to gear your job.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I personally love FOV. I think its one of the best things SE's ever done. It doesn't drastically make the game easier by providing a much easier way to get to 75, but it is a great system that provides worthwhile benefits to both newer players, as well as seasoned vets, in addition to supporting the Augmenting System.

I personally use these zones:
    17-low 20s -->> Buburimu Peninsula (Various pages, OP)
    low 20s-30 -->> Valkurm Dunes (Various pages, OP)
    30-34 -->> Rolanberry Fields (Page 2, Pashow zone line)
    34/35-39/40 -->> Eastern Altepa Desert (Page 1 Spiders, Korroloka zoneline)

[If using a job like MNK, PUP, WHM, or even just a solid non-Blunt job like PLD or SAM:]
    Low 40s-High 40s -->> Xarcabard (Skeletons, Page 1, Dynamis Entrance)
    [If not one of those jobs, or access to leveled /BST:]
    Low 40s-High 40s -->> Western Altepa Desert (First 2 pages)

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    How's Jugner for lv 25-30 then? I see there's training regime working, but wouldnt the roaming IT++ Orcs and Tigers easily dispose of any brave adventurer?

Also, Buburimu looks at Valkrum level, you sure you did 15-20 there?
    There is a disparity there, where many people can do the Page 1 at Buburimu (Rabbits/Mandys) starting around level 16-18, but Valkrum has nice higher level pages (3-5) on things like Sheep, Damselflys, Crabs, and Goblins that caters more towards mid-higher 20s players.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

How's Jugner for lv 25-30 then? I see there's training regime working, but wouldnt the roaming IT++ Orcs and Tigers easily dispose of any brave adventurer?

Sepukku already covered Buburimu. For Jugner, just stay by the OP. Leaches, funguars, and beetles are all right there. Tigers and Orcs come over there so rarely that they're easily avoidable. If you get to the point where you want to do page 5 (tigers + something else) you can cross the bridge due east of the OP to find a few tigers at the Carpenter's Landing zone.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It's a bit crowded now with the new augment cap, but I used to get some merits on THF in VoS.

I'd get my NPC out, then at 23:00 I'd start the Raptor/Peryton page & kill the 7,
    because it's after 0:00, get the page again & kill the 7
    kill 9 random mobs (generally raptors for skins) to kill time
    then once it's 0:00 on the 3rd day, get ANOTHER page and kill 7.

In the space of just over an hour (a few min). You get 1,200 x3 exp from page, and ~57 x30 exp from mobs. I'd say 5k exp/hr "solo" isn't too bad. You could maybe even get it higher if you don't need NPC, and use an empress band charge.

Granted, if you want to do it again, you have 2 hours of cooldown. But hey, go do something else productive, like mining, and don't call it a loss to exp/hr.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You can solo in Jugner from 24-30 with the last few levels abusing Funguars in Spore Hollow. At about that point the XP falls off a cliff. The IT orcs are in Davoi, and that's easy to avoid.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I've taken 4 subs to 37 using FoV so far, and I definitely like the system a lot. My path is:

1-12 - Starter zones
    13-17 - Tahrongi Canyon
    18-23 - Buburimu Peninsula
    24-27 - Meriphataud Mountains - pages 1-2
    28-30 - Jugner Forest - page 5
    31-37 - Sauromogue

Usually what I do is wait till its close to the end of a game day, then warp out and do 2 pages in a row. I get 2x exp bonus and gil in usually about 20-25 minutes time. Sometimes I'll wait and do a third page but not always.

I haven't done much with the higher level FoV's, just a few in sky on BST and some Qufim and Jungles on BLU.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Before the Elite training level cap got raised, I duoed DRG @70 in Sky. Refresh buff makes for absolutely no down time with /BLU. We had to be getting 8-10k an hour just from killing the targets, the page exp was just a bonus on top. It was a nice bridge between Colibri and Sea Puks for duo.

It's harder to do that now with everyone trying to farm tabs for Elite Training (especially hard with all the BST and /BST using the Flamingos to kill the Pots, since both are kill targets for page 1). My duo buddy and I now do the elemental pages for tab farming as BLM&SCH. It's a little slower because of all the travel time to each camp and down time from resting, but less competition and the most tabs per page.

Ridill
    BG Level

It really is frustrating and a bit of a jab in the eye to blm's to have every melee oriented page right around the entrance, and have to cover 3 islands for the blm one.

Definitely should have just been "kill 8 elementals."

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Raiko View Post
    FoV is probably the greatest thing added to FFXI for soloing at low level. 1tic mp/hp regen is so helpful, minimises downtime and makes it more enjoyable all round. Speeds up lvling those hated sub jobs a lot. I would rate it 10/10.

Agreed.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I may be the only one that knows that tabs stop at 50,000. lol

I don't bother with Elite Training yet.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

FoV + Level Sync together made this game much better really, the augment system that comes with FoV is decent at best, since the random factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    It really is frustrating and a bit of a jab in the eye to blm's to have every melee oriented page right around the entrance, and have to cover 3 islands for the blm one.

Definitely should have just been "kill 8 elementals."
    BLM can't kill groundskeepers?

Not that I do when I've done this on BLM, it's only 6 mobs if you do ele's and it's only 2 islands, really, since two of the eles you kill are on adjacent parts of the same island.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Groundkeepers are easier to kill then Elementals lol, I can't see why you say this Plow?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Fridell View Post
    Groundkeepers are easier to kill then Elementals lol, I can't see why you say this Plow?
    He's obviously never tried.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Time for someone to make a FoV guide for leveling to 75!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I've taken lots of jobs to 37 using FoV, then I badger my LS to do an East Ronfaure [S] party with them. Most of my Maat's Cap jobs haven't touched anything but some variant of colibri, pets, and FoV pages. It's great, too, for getting some exp but also getting some things done around the house. The combination of FoV, East Ronfaure [S], and Level Sync, along with the 2 previous increases to pre-EM mob exp, has been a radical overhaul of FFXI's exp system. I probably wouldn't have considered Maat's Cap without it, despite having a 75 RDM that allows me to do pets.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Time for someone to make a FoV guide for leveling to 75!
    I think my mnk was level 50 or so by the time FoV was introduced, would have to go through old LJ entries and such to check, but I did most of my levelling by tearing through EP-DC mobs as /dnc, and I abused FoV once it was out. I remember going through demons, gigas, and Ahriman in Xarcabard up until about 63 (when eyes started checking as Too Weak), then I started duoing with people lower than me there and using campaign up until about 70, then I did lots of crabs and raptors in Terrigan, eventually dinging 75 there. I think I had about four full, six-person parties the whole way from monk level 10 to 75. In fact, the only stretch I'd be unsure of would be 66-70 for soloing; Western Altepa Desert can get to be a pain to find mobs (there's a long run from the book to the blm ants for page 5, or to goblins for page 4), and I never liked the idea of fighting lizards for page1 of Cape Terrigan, one good petrify could fuck you up.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Antican Lanista's are very close to a book. There is a book at the north end of Revelation Rock that most people do not know about. About 1 minute walk north of that there are several Lanista, you need 6 of those. You also need 4 Secutors (WAR) and they are hanging out to the East of the book.