1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 52 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Well that's... interesting X.x So will there be class changing or no with only 4 bases!? D:
    There's stuff in there about the concrete existence of "classes" but I really can't read much of it. There's also something in the Crafter section about changing with the hammer, so I'm guessing that, as hinted at in interviews and E3 info, classes will be defined by the weapon equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Seph View Post

FFXIII ingame models looks much better ;( but i guess it's expected because FFXIV is an online game, still looks much better than FFXI though
    Look like different faces models to me.

I honestly just hope FFXIV does have in-game FMVs. FMVs are always so epic and juicy.

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    EDIT: Also, source please.
    Today's Famistu magazine from japan

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    It's interesting that they katakanify Roegadyn as Rugadin; I see "Roe" and I think "salmon roe".

My Japanese isn't good enough to read most of the blurry scanned stuff, but from what I can tell, there are four base class categories: Fighter, Sorcerer, Gatherer, and Crafter. These are then further defined by the "Armory" system. The last three pictures are of the Fighter, Sorcerer, and Crafter.
    Hmm sound like lineage where you can only pick few classes and these classes can develop with time for example if you chose a sorcerer after few levels you get to chose going white mage or black mage, if you pick the black mage after few levels it will develop into wizard etc

I hope SE don't do it Lineage way :/ they have confirmed that FFXIV will have no levels or experience point system but character growth will depend on weapons "No idea wth are they doing"

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    Those names look like literal Japanese translation. I'm thinking North Americans and Europeans will get slightly adjusted names that are easier to roll off the tongue.

EDIT: Also, source please.
    Well im not sure

ララフェル
    Raraferu (JP)
    Lalafell (NA)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Wow, I was already skeptical about FF14 but if that's the taru race........ just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Wow, I was already skeptical about FF14 but if that's the taru race........ just wow.
    Good or bad? XD I'm interested in what people who played tarus in FF11 got to say
    I play as elvaan myself

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Literal transliteration of the other race names following Tummie's example:

ルガディン
    Rugadin (JP) (pronounced "Roo ga deen")
    Roegadyn (NA)

ヒューラン
    Hyu-ran (JP) (pronounced "Hyoo rawn")
    Hyuran (NA)

Because the source is Famitsu, I'm willing to bet that those are official names and transliterations.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The new Taru race kinda reminds me of Crystal Chronicles races, which I like. The outfit is atrocious, though.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Seph View Post
    Good or bad? XD I'm interested in what people who played tarus in FF11 got to say
    I play as elvaan myself
    bad

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Are they really doing 4 base classes? Back when this was just announced, and people were guessing at how everything'd work, my guess to my friend was 4 base classes and then as you used a certain weapon with each class you'd develop into the specific class. Like using a scythe as a warrior-type base would make you become a DRK.

Actually my idea was a bit more in depth, for example you'd need a certain skill in scythe and a certain skill in black magic from the mage class to become a DRK. But that's just my guess o:

Also tarutarus look dumb. And I'm never calling them Lalafells <.< don't care how many people I confuse in game!

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Good god those Taru things are creepy as fuck. They're lanky and short at the same time (WTF?) and look like they've been living in a cave or something...

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Chantal View Post
    Also tarutarus look dumb. And I'm never calling them Lalafells <.< don't care how many people I confuse in game!
    Pretty much, I think anyone that plays 14 that came from 11 will be calling the races by their 11 names. I'd hate to see what Mithras are called.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Good god those Taru things are creepy as fuck. They're lanky and short at the same time (WTF?) and look like they've been living in a cave or something...
    The Lalafell/Tarutaru's have Villalago, like Michael Jackson did. As you progress thru the game, their skin gets whiter and whiter until their face becomes a bright light.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The ff14 tarus look like them come from Silent Hill.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Xrave View Post
    Should have seriously named the game FFXI-2
    Just like Final Fantasy II should've been called Final Fantasy I-2? etc

It's no more a sequel to XI than any FF has been a sequel to the one before it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

WTF on the tarus....scary haha.
    No Mithras?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

First Lalafell /welcome? Second /bow? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Chantal View Post
    4 base classes and then as you used a certain weapon with each class you'd develop into the specific class. Like using a scythe as a warrior-type base would make you become a DRK.

Actually my idea was a bit more in depth, for example you'd need a certain skill in scythe and a certain skill in black magic from the mage class to become a DRK. But that's just my guess o:
    That's kinda badass ! imagine going to Hnms as "warrior" equip your scythe and you transformed into DARK KNIGHT! equip your Katana and you become a NINJA! no need for mog house to switch job, all what you need is to carry your weapons with you, however i think SE will put a time limit on job switching maybe 10min or so to avoid system abuse "After all this is just a theory"

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The first three pics have translations. The other three pics say:

Sorcerer
    Fighter
    Crafter

No mention of races, but it looks like classes?

Xavier

I must be crazy, because I actually don't think the new taru look that bad.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast