1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    Or how about Odin's long diatribe before he uses Zenwhatever? Hahahahaha! Fun stuff. That's the kinda stuff that needs voice imho.
    Would make beating up Maat more fun. ...that sounds terrible lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Female Gria would be too cute, cuter than a Lalafell. I'm afraid Square Enix won't add Gria because of this.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well, I totall agree they should spend some extra time on bosses and stuff and maybe add a line or two they say before you fight them, or If there's NM-type fights, they should record some lines or something that the NM blurts out when you claim it. Haha.

Imagine that, You and like 3 others are killing pops, waiting for some NM to spawn, and it spawns, the other guy gets it, in ffxi, it'd be okay oh okay, and he'd kill it

But in XIV, you'd be tabbing around looking for it, the other guy gets it, and you hear the NM start talkin' shit or something to the guy hes fighting, turn around and there he is.

I also hope they spend more time and actually make NMs look different. Even a simple color change is fine, haha. So many NMs that look exactly like a regular mob, tis sad.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Azurewrath View Post
    I also hope they spend more time and actually make NMs look different. Even a simple color change is fine, haha. So many NMs that look exactly like a regular mob, tis sad.
    I agree. They should have unique visuals otherwise they end up being just a harder mob with a different drop.

Lizard vs PMSing lizard with a pair of boots. Your boots are fabulous I'll give you that, but notorious? Not so much. You didn't even get your hurrdid.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Voice acting noooooo

I can't even imagine doing like, the Tenzen battle with voice acting. I think I'd go insane.
    (note: semi-joking, voice acting'd be cool)

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
    I hope this guy sticks by his word and really leaves. He insults other people's IQ yet has the worst grammar out of everyone posting in this thread and makes nothing but trolling statements like a 15 year old.

On topic, I don't care about voice acting really. Like others I usually just read through the text during the story. If they do add voices to cutscenes, that's cool but I'm not going to be disappointed if it's still just all text.

As for things like voice error messages, you know like in the MMO that must not be named where your char. will say "That ability isn't ready yet" "I can't use that yet" "Chooo choooo (train noises" and some funny emote voices like /joke, that could be interesting if it were well-done (I don't mean the exact same type of sounds should be in game. I'm just using this as an example to character specific voices in general.).

I'd still want the option to turn off voices regardless of how it's implemented.

Since the announcement of FF14, there have been some pretty retarded arguments/statements on the forums, including "I hope my FF11 character will transfer" "I hope SE lets people with active FF11 accounts play FF14 for free" etc. Welcome to BG forums ^_____^
    I said I'm out leaving the arguments not leaving the thread, in case you didn't know i made the thread and i update it once in a while, it's ironic how hypocrite you are when you mention that retards brought wow vs FF11 meaning me and others when all what i did was mentioning the fact that i want clean UI for FFXIV similar to FF11 not wow because every mmorpg copies wow nowdays, you have JUST did the same now it's clear the game you are talking about is wow with your example of voice acting "the ability is not ready yet etc" i rather be 15 years old over dumb hypocrite person who according to himself too is retard.

you don't care about voice acting? gooooood for you, do you think people who like sex cares if you do not?

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    That's not true O.o Your name gets throwed left and right during the cutscenes.
    i said "most" not all I'm fully aware of that , most of the time you don't even get mentioned at all during story cut scenes

Also it's funny that people did not want voice acting till some guy said what if shadow lord spoke or odin before you fight him wouldn't that be epiccccc?

And everyone was allllll over it , it's clear now people in here don't care about story mostly they care about gear and their HNMS only after camping hnms 24/7 for the last 5 years they must have built some solid human-fafnir "close" relationship lol

Hey, I thought you were leaving? Do us a favour and leave both the thread AND the arguement, cause clearly your claims to do one were a lie.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Seph View Post
    it's clear now people in here don't care about story mostly they care about gear and their HNMS only after camping hnms 24/7 for the last 5 years they must have built some solid human-fafnir "close" relationship lol
    Classic no-life card. Good job!

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by luciferu View Post
    I really can't see it happening but in the opening scene probably. Is there any MMO with VA?
    Hmmm....

World of Warcraft
    Lord of the Rings Online
    Dungeons and Dragons Online
    Age of Conan
    Aion: Tower of Eternity
    Star Wars: The Old Republic

I can keep going I'm sure. It's not that uncommon to be honest.

I don't necessarily want the entire game to be voice acting, but I really enjoy it for narrating scenes and coming up against the big bad guy of whatever quest/mission/raid you're currently doing and him actually saying "I'm going to kill you motherfuckers" than having to read it. /shrug

Hearing Odin's speech before his one shot attack would be epic. Hearing Kamlaunat speak during the Zilart missions would be awesome. Hearing Prishe and Promathia during the last fight of CoP would have been great. Things like that would add to a epic battle, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Hey, I thought you were leaving? Do us a favour and leave both the thread AND the arguement, cause clearly your claims to do one were a lie.
    shutup troll.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    Hmmm....

mmorpgs with Voice acting :
    World of Warcraft
    Lord of the Rings Online
    Dungeons and Dragons Online
    Age of Conan
    Aion: Tower of Eternity
    Star Wars: The Old Republic

I can keep going I'm sure. It's not that uncommon to be honest.

I don't necessarily want the entire game to be voice acting, but I really enjoy it for narrating scenes and coming up against the big bad guy of whatever quest/mission/raid you're currently doing and him actually saying "I'm going to kill you motherfuckers" than having to read it. /shrug

Hearing Odin's speech before his one shot attack would be epic. Hearing Kamlaunat speak during the Zilart missions would be awesome. Hearing Prishe and Promathia during the last fight of CoP would have been great. Things like that would add to a epic battle, at least to me.
    I agree 100% with you

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Calling Elcura a troll = priceless.
    I mean, really, Seph? lol

Yeah no shit, didn't see that one coming...

Little Mother
    BG Level

I'd call Elcura a lot of things, but a troll? That kind of came out of left field, holy shit.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Oh my. I thought we decided to drop this argument already.

And seriously.. The no life card? C'mon.

I didn't know the no life card was such a sensitive subject for you guys
    I was being sarcastic chill out unless you really think a fafnir-human relationship really exist "thread becoming creepy now"

I did drop it but people kept saying I'm 15-retard-troll-etc and they call me troll when they attack me for no reason , i only said i want voice acting and some people went nuts, i only said people who attacking me are the trolls i didn't attack anyone who did not insult me did i? nope ~

Anyway in a week we will see live footage from FFXIV~ you have heard it here first.

Clearly you dropped it. Seriously, read the last two pages if you think people are crazy for attacking you. There's a reason, a very obvious one.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Shadowmoon

say what you will about voice acting, and wow-loving/hating, but i think it was awesome when a raid boss would taunt you whenever he killed someone. Some of the opening lines at the beginning of each encounter were also amusing.

however, i will gladly pass on the agro > wait 5 minute speech > start fighting that was present on some of the bosses (Kael for those who play wow)

Averrinicus

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisianna View Post
    say what you will about voice acting, and wow-loving/hating, but i think it was awesome when a raid boss would taunt you whenever he killed someone.
    I can handle that lol as long as he doesn't spam it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Shadowmoon

Quote Originally Posted by Averrinicus View Post
    I can handle that lol as long as he doesn't spam it.
    nah if you were wiping theyd cycle through multiple taunts, but they wouldnt broken-record restart the taunt each kill. on paper it sounds bad but it wasnt in actuality

Averrinicus

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisianna View Post
    nah if you were wiping theyd cycle through multiple taunts, but they wouldnt broken-record restart the taunt each kill. on paper it sounds bad but it wasnt in actuality
    I could handle it if they had enough taunts where you didn't hear a repeat so often. that's my only annoyance with voice acting in games in general lol

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast