Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i would still say average is 2/600, but if you go more than 600 to get 2 items, its prolly because of people like urat! XD

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So who here actually quested their lu shangs?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

my wife lmao

everytime she ask me "why u kept playing w/o life?!"

i will go to her char's key item menu and show her very own testimony

she will then go "..."

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    /

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

I did indeed quest my lu. I bought about a third of the fish. Buying maybe 200 a day and I fished up nearly 550 a day.
    I could have just bought the rod at the time but wanted testimonial thing. Took me two weeks to get lu from start to finish. And two months for ebisu from after I got lu.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lus took me almost a year ._.

Spent the whole first 5K or so just casually fishing up the carps every now and then. Finally after hitting close to the 6K mark and 50s in fishing I went hardcore at it, buying easily 25-30 stacks a day and fishing up a good 400-600 on my char and mules.

One month later I had the lu shangs as I was dinging into shall shells right on time. I guess lady luck payed back all my hard work with the ebisu ^^

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Got mine on 8-8-09 on Tsugaru. Will post pics later.

Got mine not too long ago on June 14.

1/38 Gugru and 1/127 Lik.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

/
    Started fishing the moat carps, then decided that fishing nebs and selling them would get me 2x -3x the moats on the same number of fish caught.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by molokai View Post
    /
    Started fishing the moat carps, then decided that fishing nebs and selling them would get me 2x -3x the moats on the same number of fish caught.
    my problem ws there was not enough moats to buy D:. I would buy out every single AH every single day, the only other way to get them was to fish thm myself

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Did it back when you carps where 4k a stack and you got 100 gil per fish you turned in. Only 2800 for the loss. 3 stacks that I fished up paid for another stack of carps.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Yea I got mine near the end of the old fishing system days. Man was I so glad when that was done~

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

/

I figured it was a good idea to devote my life to a video game for like 6 solid months.

I was lucky enough to have 2 accounts of Christmas break to finish it up, too.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    Arthars - Ifrit - 20th July 2009
    1/155 gugs
    1/363 liks

Wife - 13th July 2009
    1/160 gugs
    1/484 liks

fuck you zaldon
    Gotta love your fuck Zaldon when you average 259 fish on Arthars and 322 on Wife.

I am 0/623 on Lik and 0/16 on Gugs (haven't started seriously on this)

@ 259 or even @ 322 fish average I'd LOVE Zaldon.

Guess it's "situational" as people like to say on some pieces of gear

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

my fuck zaldon means "fuck you zaldon no more gutting for u anymore"

XD

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

caught my first 3 gugrusaurus today =D gonna baz this shit in selbina for 15k. I think current price on valefor is too high for them to sell quickly(20k ah)

but this is so amazing, reminds me of when i first went to talacca and my bite rate was so bad, i could just watch tv for like 12 hours since i had a lot of downtime between fish

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
    caught my first 3 gugrusaurus today =D gonna baz this shit in selbina for 15k. I think current price on valefor is too high for them to sell quickly(20k ah)

but this is so amazing, reminds me of when i first went to talacca and my bite rate was so bad, i could just watch tv for like 12 hours since i had a lot of downtime between fish
    rofl, I position a laptop so I can see it out of the corner of my eye while I watch netflix. If I see a !!! I pause netflix and fish it. If its a ! I cancel/no bite and then I hit control Z since I bound /fish to it. If I had to focus on the PC while fishing lik/gugs I'd go insane.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    rofl, I position a laptop so I can see it out of the corner of my eye while I watch netflix. If I see a !!! I pause netflix and fish it. If its a ! I cancel/no bite and then I hit control Z since I bound /fish to it. If I had to focus on the PC while fishing lik/gugs I'd go insane.
    Kinda same thing, but youtube. I make my screen for ffxi really small and put it up in the corner of my window, just big enough to see the rod movements and fish hp, then have youtube in a window on other corner with it restored down and just big enough to see the video.

Then I keep ffxi as the main window so I can fish while watching whatever, generally going through my naruto episodes ( almost caught up :3)

Hipster Fisherman
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Well, after recovering from that last blow, going 0/108 in a single session (totaling 0/374 now), I think I'm ready to give fishing gugrus another go. Seeing as how it's new moon tomorrow, and during a period of time I can dedicate solely towards fishing, we'll see what I can manage. *Probably* not going to wait for a "good moon phase" to turn them in, nor am I going to stock up 100+ fish this time around...

Still haven't sold my blau dolch for fish money, though it's quite tempting. Raw gil wise, I'm in the low 100ks, so I'll keep that for bait/food expenses/anything else that comes up. I don't want to go completely broke trying to get this rod. Gugrus are going for 20k a pop still on the AH, and I only managed to lower that to 18k when I bought them from suppliers in bulk (admittedly, I didn't try very hard (or at all) to get that price down to 15k...I guess I'm uncomfortable with bartering ).

If things get tough, and the blau has to go, I might do something like this: I'll give the supplier my blau dolch if either A. They give my the gugru that gets me my item, or B. They give me 150 gugru without getting me my item.

I wouldn't mind giving up my blau even if it was just for one fish...if that one fish got me my ebisu, I'd be fine with it. And if I don't get my item within the 150 fish, it will have meant that I paid approximately 14,666g for each fish (according to Carbuncle prices). Suppose the downside to this type of deal is that it requires a lot of trust, as the supplier would have to trust me enough to give them the blau when the time came.