BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lol i seen my name in the OP, here are the revelant informations missing :
    Calta, Seraph server , got it the 5 december 2007 !

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

16.08.2009 - Ebisu Fishing Rod for Kamilus of Ramuh
    Yay!

Hipster Fisherman
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Turned in 101 today, 0/582 Gugrusaurus.
    Trying to fish more up now, but I'm having a tough time today. Lost two due to not being bale to drain it past 10%. It's full moon if that makes any difference.

Edit: Fished/turned in 19 more. Now 0/601. 27 more and I will have turned in 1,000 total Gugrus/Liks combined.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by nibu View Post
    Trying to fish more up now, but I'm having a tough time today. Lost two due to not being bale to drain it past 10%. It's full moon if that makes any difference.

Edit: Fished/turned in 19 more. Now 0/601. 27 more and I will have turned in 1,000 total Gugrus/Liks combined.
    @_@ good lord..

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Damnit Nibu...Keep it on! I am sure your Saber Shoot is coming soon.
    /cheer

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

OP updated [19 Aug 2009] (page 4, post #15 Albender)

If you know you've posted already but don't see your name in the OP list, please PM me.

@Nibu, I know you will get your's soon. Hang in there buddy^^

Quote Originally Posted by nibu View Post

Stay Strong Nibu :D! You can do it \'-'/

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nibu......

http://www.speksnk.org/host/mods/end...9_23.18.35.png

Saber Shoot 1/38

Ebisu {mine} on Sunday !!!!

Mate, I know how you feel. Keep it on, you can do it.
    YOU HAVE TO KEEP ON.
    /cheer

Hipster Fisherman
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Haha, damn that's a lot of encouragement...can't argue with that. Grats, Albender! Wish my encouragement worked half as well on myself as it did with you. Though I suppose it is difficult for anyone to take their own advice.

No plans of quitting yet, but I might have to change pace with how often I'm turning in gugrus. While I won't be going back to school until January (when my grad. program starts), and I have a lot of free time to fish myself, I am only available to fish when my brother's character is open (i.e. when he's at school). Doesn't help that I sometimes drive him to school, and end up hanging out in the comp. lab the whole day just lurking these and other forums, like I'm doing now On a side note, I've found the SomethingAwful.com forums really intriguing; might need to get me an account there...

Carbuncle has had around 35-50 gugrus on the AH for a couple days now; none have sold since the 16th. Tried buying some up to 17,500, but none were listed for that price or less. Kind of hoping that people will begin undercutting, but no luck yet. If I can get a supplier to sell fish to me around 15k, I'll probably take 'em up on that deal; I can probably buy 50-60 more at that price before I need to start "gimping" myself even more. Other expendable armor includes Dusk gloves, sniper's rings, and...well, that's about it; after that, I would officially be broke, as well as 800k into debt with my brother! Though he'd be cool about it: We help each other here and there, so we're fine with the idea of an "indefinite loans." Hell, I've been borrowing *his* Lu shang's since...well, nearly the entirety of my fishing career!

Looks like new moon starts at 2 AM; not sure I'll go for that, though. I should try to get in a habit of fishing "when I have the time/when I feel up for it" instead of waiting for moon phases.

If anyone on Carbuncle wants to sell me some gugrus, send me a tell in game or send me a PM. We can negotiate pricing; I'm flexible, but I just don't have too much more money to give ;;

Take cares, people! I'll keep ya updated.

-Nibu

Edit: I have around 100 KS and a few hundred BS. I really ought to try and find a group to do some fights, maybe get myself some more money.

Killuanl

im really hope you get it soon nibu
    just hang in there
    i actually reactivated my account just to finish my ebisu quest
    i had to quit due to some rl issues
    anyway i went to ifrit because it had plenty and pretty cheap liks gugrus
    and since i have bonecraft 100 i wasnt able to fix my own rod so i had to buy them
    i actually was able to get both items in 3 days
    both items well below 100 (didnt wanted to count since it might take a lot off fish)
    got my ebisu this monday because i was playing aion beta
    i really felt kinda bad cause you have such a hard time getting your second item
    so nibu im cheering for you here that you gett lucky soon

now to get my fishing lv 100 (94 atm)

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yup, keep going :O You can do eet.

0/143 on Gugs now meself >.>' Do hate Gugs...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Didn't realize there was a BlueGartr thread for this as well.

Yekyaa Pandemonium
    1/21 Lik
    1/28 Gugrusaurus
    Got May 3, 2009.
    Freakin' luck... even got Pirate's Chart on 2nd Bhefhel Marlin,
    Ancient Sword, 2 x Mercurial Sword all in the same week.
    Since then I can't seem to get a Mercurial Sword to save my life.

Been reading your diary on Titanictus recently, Nibu.
    Your words of encouragement kept someone else going.
    Here's some for you, keep fishing, man. Your day in the sun will come as well!

@ Albender: Superstitions abound on this quest. I wore my Assassin's Armlets and Thief's Knife on my THF75 main
    while turning in the ones that got me my items. I swore up and down that's what did it, mainly because we
    were getting amazing drop rates from Nyzul Isle 80/100 as well on the same job. I just think I burnt up all my luck
    obtaining all of the above and Ebisu in such a short period... I'm thinking I probably should've done a KClub run
    while I was "in the zone"... missed out on my chance though. Even THF75 w/Armlets & Thief's Knife don't help
    my luck anymore. That, however, was my superstition for a good 3-6 months... Now I just don't know what to think.

For the nitpickers, TK doesn't affect Zaldon fishing, I know. But that's the point of a "superstition", any random thing
    could do it for you. I've heard of a guy who specifically goes to Lufaise Meadows through Valkurm Dunes portal ONLY
    and hits the Luck Rune there everytime before going to fish Lik.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have to say it looks liek I used up all my ffxi luck on ebisu, 0/10 on rain hat last night ;_;

Bitch just won't drop, this is going on the 6th month of camping, but we all just gotta keep working at it! Hope to have my rain hat right around when I get my apron...

On the other hand, the wise cap model looks pretty good too, and my luck with this hat is terrible. aghhhh

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Austere Hat uses a similar if not the same model. I thought about farming a Rain hat too, until I saw that. My SMN is 53 now lol. Plan to fish on SMN75 from now on rofl.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah but with a name like Rain Hat, come on, it is THE fishing hat.

I am thinking of leveling smn via smn burn anyways though, so its a strong possibility I'll go for that instead. I'm thinking on more try and I'm done with noble mold. I've almost memorized his PHs movement pattern.

Thats just not healthy.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, I received both Opal and Saber wearing only fishing gear, nothing else.
    This is my Lu + bait, waders and other +skill gear.
    No weapon equipped.
    Give it a try when trading, won't hurt to try.

--

I'll be level 86 on Sunday when I receive my Ebisu.
    I was thinking into Ahtapot 86-90 and Pterygotus 90-99 with my Lu Shang.

Now that I'll have an Ebisu, does somebody recommends a different path?

Thanks

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Yeah but with a name like Rain Hat, come on, it is THE fishing hat.
    I think you'll find it's the BLM AF2 hat that's best for fishing.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Albender View Post

Thanks
    lik!

or gugru(what i'm doing)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Following spooky's original message I have prepared an Excel sheet with all the fish 90+ for easy reference.

This needs your help for updates/recommendations/modifications/etc

Download the file:

http://www.speksnk.org/host/mods/end...ds/90to100.XLS

I have only caught myself Kalkanbaligi and Pterygotus so no experience with the rest.
    Data is mainly taken from wiki so I'm sure needs tons of corrections lol.

I decided not to include rod information, assuming you can fix your Lu or got an Ebisu.

It's just a 0.1 version.

Feedback appreciated.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Albender View Post
    I'll be level 86 on Sunday when I receive my Ebisu.
    I was thinking into Ahtapot 86-90 and Pterygotus 90-99 with my Lu Shang.

Thanks
    I did 86-90 in Talacca Cove pulling up everything that bit, except mobs of course

As for 90-100, it depends how patient you want to be, and how many buyers there are on your server. I did Liks from 90-100 and made a killing bazaaring them for 15k each and selling privately for 10k each. I full timed Albatross + Pelican's.

@Hat gear choice: I don't like anything on my head or having a stave equipped. Sooo Morr head and kraken club works for me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast