Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I fish in pumpkin head. I think it looks pretty funny when it sweats when I get something on the hook

:3
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Quote Originally Posted by nibu View Post
    Bought 33 since last I posted (at a really great price, though), as well as fished up 25 during full moon last night. Turned 'em all in, but no luck!

Oh dear, oh dear...0/654. Have now officially turned in over 1,000 ebisu fish.

Fun fact: At the current AH price of 20k per gugru, and 15k per lik, I have turned in 18,660,000g worth of fish. Though, to be fair, I did get 902,880g back from Zaldon ;x

Edit: Starting to consider taking a break from the quest. I feel I am starting to become impatient, so it might be time to reassess the situation.
    This is what I agree with lol. :\... I figured after going 948 on one, you'd get lucky on the second..

"dreams are for rookies, kid"

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

how are you guys staying at or around 15 fps i can get there but its kinda random i bounce from 12and less to 25 fps o.o; haven't had allot of time to play with this so any tips would be nice

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just curious though, if ebisu doesn't require you to trade lik/gugru for key items instead it just requires you to buy from the npc for a large sum of gil. What is the maximum price you will pay for it? Seeing as how Nibu paid like 18mil+ worth of fish.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Windfoxster View Post
    Just curious though, if ebisu doesn't require you to trade lik/gugru for key items instead it just requires you to buy from the npc for a large sum of gil. What is the maximum price you will pay for it? Seeing as how Nibu paid like 18mil+ worth of fish.
    Well you obtain the rare/ex items by fishing/buying the Liks and gugs and then trading them to Zaldon.

Only you know how much you can dedicate to the quest. When I began the quest I had 24m, and I said to myself I need to be ready to spend it all, not stop half way. Luckily for me it only took me about 350 total fish and skilling 90-100 off Liks more than paid the 3m difference after selling Lu. But others, such as dejet, nibu, my lsmate who went about 1/710 on gugs have had non-average experiences.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by smokerx View Post
    how are you guys staying at or around 15 fps i can get there but its kinda random i bounce from 12and less to 25 fps o.o; haven't had allot of time to play with this so any tips would be nice
    Chain posting sorry, but SmokerX I wrote this in the thread earlier and you may not have seen it:

@Smokerx - Don't give up trying different slow down techniques, it took me awhile to figure out what works for me. Just this morning I realized I had cpukiller (Greedy Algorith) at 2% slow down which gets FPS down to about 15 and I couldn't reel them in very easily at all. Changed it to my normal 1% which gets FPS to about 18-22 and I can once again reel them in without much effort using only Ebisu + Albatross. I know you don't have ebisu and you will need penguin's, but my point was something as minor as 1% difference slow down on cpukiller makes all the difference for me.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Windfoxster View Post
    estimate how much mor gil you will make with it, estimate how much longer you're gonna play ffxi, blah blah so on

i was thinking about offering to sell ebisu for like 15M flat rate, and I will fish up as many fish as is necessary for them to get their ebisu. That would be a profit on my server of like 10M on average. Dunno if anyone would take me up though. of course there's a % I could get screwed. but then I could luck out big. But neither of those matters, only thing that matters is that you would make a profit of 10M per ebisu over time!

Seems like an attractive deal doesn't it? No fear of getting screwed going 0/1000 on both fish and spending 30M+. I would probably take mytself up on that offer. Maybe I will stockpile like 1000 fish each and try to find someone who will take me up on it.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

thanks for the reminder cd i had forgotten about that reply sry for the dbl posting but im old and forget stuff w

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Hey guys I need some brainpower. I am gonna try and go with this 15M flat for all the ebisu fish you need to see if i can make some bank. But I have to find some way to prove that they are actually trying to get the item themselves instead of getting theirs and then passing off the fish I give them to a friend. I could see someone getting very upset if they gave me 15M and then went 1/xx on both fish. I mean that is the draw for me obviously, but I am not sure how to protect myself from getting screwed.

First thing would be to just get to know them to verify integrity, but then of course that's not always 100%. Wonder if a GM would help me out?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I thought about giving someone 10m as a deal that they'd fish up lik/gugs until I got the item, then I realized people aren't trustworthy and very well may start out fishing nonstop for me, but then get bored, get like 5 every 3 days....you get what I'm saying. It sounds great in theory but in the long run eh.

Cristhian - Ifrit
    Ebisu Fishing Rod - Aug. 23, 2009
    Lik - 1/5
    Gug -1/31

Arthars will tell u guys the story.

Gratz bish :D! And hope you and your luck diaf <3

prolly did already lol and how are u?? =)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Cristhian your sig is fucking badass. Thought you should know @_@

thanks =)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Cristhian View Post
    Cristhian - Ifrit
    Ebisu Fishing Rod - Aug. 23, 2009
    Lik - 1/5
    Gug -1/31

Arthars will tell u guys the story.
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu grats!!

he got both items + dring all in a week lol

your FFXI luck is officially burnt NAOOOOOOOOOOO

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Okay, so I got my Ebisu yesterday. Gugs 1/38 Lik 1/746
    Screenshot or it didn't happen: http://www.speksnk.org/host/mods/end...3_22.58.30.png

I am level 86 and went to try Liks. Used Albatross and I wasn't even close to reel one.

I am on a fast pc, so maybe this has something to do with it (??)

Would Cave Cherax be an alternative?

I don't really want to do Ahtapot to 90 and Ptery to 99 same (Lu Shang's path lol)

Ideas?
    Suggestions?

Thanks!

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Albender View Post
    I am on a fast pc, so maybe this has something to do with it (??)
    fast pc makes it really hard to reel them in, you need to either play on ps2, or get a program called cpukiller, set it in options to cpukiller 2 greedy algorithm or something like this. You can use it to tune your ffxi fps however you like.

If cpukiller does not work for you, which it didn't for me, try cpugrabber, i know arthars uses this as well. http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/116047/cpugrab.exe That's the one on my dropbox, i think its a microsoft development tool or something i'm not sure. Can google it and find also i think.

Cpugrabber doesn't support multicore so you need to go into taskmanger and set affinity to one core and high priority, then set pol.exe to the same core and above normal priority(to stabilize, otherwise other programs will take cpu time from pol also and can make fps unstable)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thanks-shaddix

Geez...I'll give it a look. I guess I need to read now thru tons of posts here and there for a nice tutorial and tips on cpu killer...
    /sigh

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

prolly need it since FFXI is considered an old game, for PS2

technology today is overkill for FFXI and hence you prolly need something like cpukiller to bring down your PC to fish "normally"

im not making up excuses but this is how it is

SE had patched 2 times before to make fishing the same with PS2, and they stopped doing it recently zzzzzzzzz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast