+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Don't quote me on this, but I read somewhere on Aionsource that in Korea, they come from events.

Think at one point in the giant Aion thread I saw talk about using channel hopping to basically cycle around to some easy elite mob up in a tower that'd give good EXP and was maybe part of a quest. I'm thinking I may have that quest available, or possibly could soon, since I'm level 19 on the Elyos side.

Think far as quests go, most of what I have left involves the Krall or whatever elites. Think my Campaign list has 2 blanks still. Last one I assume opens when all the others are done, but I think the other is tiered from Held Sacred.

Also wondering where some good money's at. I think earlier in this thread someone mentioned having blown through 2.5 mil by 25. I'd probably say I've been lucky to break 250k total amidst various expenses so far. Possible money flow nerf from 1.0 to 1.5, or just me being unlucky? As I implied in the beta thread, it's made Gladiator tricky at times since I can't invest too heavily in potions when you figure they NPC for 250+ a single and making lesser regenerative ones with Alchemy probably comes out to about the same if you're buying the plant ingredient from the AH. Which, now that I think about it, is there a good spot for Aria gathering? I have a fuckton of Tagerna, but it's not used in anything useful to me.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's not exactly "easy" to beginners, I think they're talking about Kraka, at the top of the krall area before the abyss gate. If the healer sucks, after the giant 20% aoe, you can easily wipe. Farming that and other mini bosses while rotating channels is good for money.

The economy is a little off though in the open beta. It was different in the closed betas where people had time to accumulate money to spend. Right now at lv19, I'd have about 400k if I didn't spend stuff for crafting. This is basically just exping, npcing items and selling off green item drops I get. I haven't bought a single potion, only the ordelle powders, but I'm a rng that doesn't get hit often either.

If you can get your gathering to 100, titanium ores would be good to sell off in bulk. For armorcrafting of lv23 gear, ppl need tons of ores and can get lazy once they run out.

Think my gathering's around 79. Can't remember if that's enough for the stuff by the beach or not. Just know I wasn't able to gather it when I was down that way working on a couple quests.

Not sure how much I'll wanna fuss since this stuff's just gonna get wiped. May just try to get the various elite quests done then try another character.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

couldnt find it when i searched. but is there a way to lock on the mob you are fighting kind of like FFXI? and should scouts use 2 daggers for low lvl progression? im only 8, but i find 2 daggers (from eyeballing it) better in overall DoT just from the crits and attack speed. however, 3 different ppl sent me whispers saying i should use sword, so im trying to keep an open mind about it.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

afaik, dagger(main hand for low delay) sword (offhand) is the best pve combo from low-mid lvl. just what i remember from countless china/cbt threads, might be slightly off.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Think at one point in the giant Aion thread I saw talk about using channel hopping to basically cycle around to some easy elite mob up in a tower that'd give good EXP and was maybe part of a quest. I'm thinking I may have that quest available, or possibly could soon, since I'm level 19 on the Elyos side.

Think far as quests go, most of what I have left involves the Krall or whatever elites. Think my Campaign list has 2 blanks still. Last one I assume opens when all the others are done, but I think the other is tiered from Held Sacred.
    What you read about is how to solo the krall marks quest where you need 50. You can follow a group in and then take up a position in one of the watchtowers and channel hop killing the guy at the top. Those guards are normalish mobs but still drop the marks. Don't remember the exp on them but it didn't take much longer than maybe 10 mins to get 15-20 marks I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    What you read about is how to solo the krall marks quest where you need 50. You can follow a group in and then take up a position in one of the watchtowers and channel hop killing the guy at the top. Those guards are normalish mobs but still drop the marks. Don't remember the exp on them but it didn't take much longer than maybe 10 mins to get 15-20 marks I think.
    Know the specific location offhand? Might be able to MGS my way to it, but when in doubt, I guess there's dying and reviving in a safe spot.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

There's 3 towers, one right past the entrance to the garrison to the left, one about 3/4th the way north of that, and the last one is west, near Tambaku mini boss.

Eh, got a group earlier, but they flaked on me before I could finish Held Sacred. Kind of annoying since despite finishing other stuff, I need to get that done to continue the chain and get the last for another rerun of the zone. So in reality, I probably have 2 more parties I'll have to slog through. ;_;

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yep. On my last caion character I made 4 runs through there in random parties before I finally got all the prereqs done for the last mission. On the plus side, it's great exp and I was like almost 22 when I first got to eltnen.

Best game ever orrrr BEST GAME EVER?!

I have really enjoyed this game so far (lvl12) even though it has just been button mashing and grinding for the most part. Gonna spend some time tonight actually figuring some things out and getting acclamated.

Also, flying is dope.

I'm playing Cleric and I am a little worried about targeting when i get into group play. Anyone have a tips/tricks for targeting? I have been doing the solo thing full time so far, only stopping to help random FFXI people that I know/remember and throw off a few heals.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You can Fkey like XI, and you can set a keybind for select nearest target. Also, in a group you can reorder the player tags in the list so you can put the top priorities at the beginning and whatnot. You can also 'assist' the mob to target whoever he is beating on, but I'd exercise some caution on that. When I used it in caion, probably 30% of the time the assist would target my party member correctly, but when I would use a healing spell it would think I still had the mob targeted and default the spell to me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have a weird audio related issue in Aion. I am unable to increase or decrease the in-game volume using the volume keys on my keyboard. I have to go through the in game menus and move the sliders around. In every other game I've played, I am able to just use the keys. Anyone else have this problem?

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It is probably game guard blocking the software that your keyboard is using to control the volume.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
    How do you get a ticket for the plastic surgery guy lol?
    You buy them with real money like in WoW.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    It is probably game guard blocking the software that your keyboard is using to control the volume.
    I think you are right. I have a G15, it looks like there are some issues with it and gameguard.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah I see people having alot of problems with G15s, to the point where game guard will not let them into Aion if they are using a G15.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

If you start gliding, is it possible to fly from that? Or, do you have to wait for the flight cooldown, cancel your glide, and then enter flight?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

If you were flying, then hit space or whatever to glide, then you could go back to flying by hitting space again provided you didn't enter an area where flight isn't allowed. If you were just gliding off a jump or a fall or whatever then yes, you have to wait for the cooldown and cancel your glide.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast