+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Thanks. It was the last part you addressed that I was wondering about. I was hoping there was some trick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    couldnt find it when i searched. but is there a way to lock on the mob you are fighting kind of like FFXI? and should scouts use 2 daggers for low lvl progression? im only 8, but i find 2 daggers (from eyeballing it) better in overall DoT just from the crits and attack speed. however, 3 different ppl sent me whispers saying i should use sword, so im trying to keep an open mind about it.
    people argue about this alot, and honestly since there is still no parser for this game, the honest answer is: No one knows.

your main hand weapon's damage is factored into your skills damage output, but it seems the offhand has no effect. your crit rate will be the average of your offhand and mainhand. accuracy, the jury is still out, most people say it's just your main hand (because all attack rounds and multi hit skills act as an "all or nothing", basicly your normal attack that swings both weapons if you "miss" both swings will miss, or both will hit. This applies for crits too, if you crit both hits will crit, if you don't crit then both hits are normal damage.

Someone told me that the attack speed (which is based on main hand + a portion of the offhand) determines the base speed of your attack skills. but [b]if[/b[ this is true if and A.spd is the most import then it's also possible that single handing a dagger is the best damage output.

in C-Aion I used sword/sword, dagger/dagger, sword/dagger, dagger/sword, and really I haven't been able to tell the difference other then just certain weapons plainly being better, like a certain sword just having really really higher stats then a dagger is worth replacing a dagger for.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The recent patch notes said something about if you have 2 weapons with attack speed modification, the lower of the 2 is ignored I think.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not too sure myself but I was wondering if anyone knew. If we've preordered from a place that actually wants to ship us the box, does anyone know how we can get prepared for the headstart? I've preordered from Gamestop online, so I don't think I can cancel my preorder and they will just charge my card and ship the box to me. But last I heard, they are not shipping Aion boxes until the 21st? That is one day after the headstart. Maybe they will let us just use the client we've downloaded for open beta, but I want to be completely ready for the headstart launch

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

They will let you use same client, because, those who preorder from NCSoft doesn't get a box so.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I emailed gamestop to cancel my preorder and they didn't even try to deny me on it, but I did order before the no cancel was enacted. Reordered through ncstore and have my code already applied to my account. I emailed gamestop,nc before I canceled questioning how we'd get access to the preselect/headstart and it sounds like the key from gamestop which is listed as preorder when you view your ncaccount is what lets you in.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quick question:

Lets say I go and preorder the game tomorrow, when can I start to play a non-beta version of the game? Ty

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

september 20th

I think you can pre-make your characters on the 18th

Little Mother
    BG Level

Pooky, or any SM who may know. Do you know if Strengthening Spirit: Enchanted Armor stacks with the DP armor buff? If so it sounds like it would be amazing for grinding.

Ruinous offense with Enchanted Armor, Armor of Light, and Wrath Position sounds like it would be pretty epic :3

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    Pooky, or any SM who may know. Do you know if Strengthening Spirit: Enchanted Armor stacks with the DP armor buff? If so it sounds like it would be amazing for grinding.

Ruinous offense with Enchanted Armor, Armor of Light, and Wrath Position sounds like it would be pretty epic :3
    I don't see why it wouldn't stack.

Little Mother
    BG Level

I dunno, was just wanting to make sure. I guess I think they wouldnt since they are both "armor" buffs, and stuff like Mana Treatment and Pots dont mix, neither does pots and hots, so I was wondering if it were one of those weird overlapping things.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Went and bought the $10 CE from NCSoft store and I get this error when applying it to my account

"The supplied serial code is valid, but it can not be used to create a new account and it can not be applied to any accounts you already have."

Ok then?

BG Level

fuck double post

BG Level

Someone from LEgion was asking and i didn't test it.

Since you use the same account from beta to Retail, will the key mapping stay, or the key mapping are linked to they character?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Someone from LEgion was asking and i didn't test it.

Since you use the same account from beta to Retail, will the key mapping stay, or the key mapping are linked to they character?
    I'm pretty sure its linked to the character.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    I'm pretty sure its linked to the character.
    This. When you play a character from another pc your keymappings are used on the new pc.

Is there a way to open your recipe list if you are not near the appropriate crafting device? Like a loom for tailoring?

EDIT: Literally 2 seconds after I posted i found it. K - Skills, then to Craft tab, then click the appropriate 'profession'. I rule...

Fire Temple: map and/or guide to do it, where ? D:

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Does anybody know where this comes from? ( Researcher's Breastplate - Items - Aion ) I got one off the Auction House during OB but neither Aionarmory nor Aiondatabase lists where it comes from. Would love to get another for Live, just to modify onto something better. (This is the coolest non-40+ Plate armor I have found thus far.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seems to be a random mob drop. Dunno if any specific area though :<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast