+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: APB(All Points Bulletin)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Damn, that game looked interesting. Kinda sad it's turning out to be full of flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    i got turned off of this game really quickly, i was/am in the beta; matches became just a flashy game of hide and seek. all the gameplay felt really repetitive so i haven't logged in for a playtest for weeks.

If you can get a few friends with you, or do the grouped up missions, it can be a real blast. I was rolling on criminal side last night with my buddy and we were rolling over some higher level people with a little team work and strategy (aka setting up ambush points, blocking entry points with a car and detonating the car as they slammed into it with their own).

Some of the flaws they are fixing, the upgrades for guns/players won't be such a huge deal they said recently and you'll get the upgrades through playing the game regularly so no one should have too HUGE of an advantage over you. they also are thinking of putting in game instances where upgrades will be taken off if you want to just play barebones against other people.

I'll most likely get the game, it's only 50 bucks and 1 month free of play time and the payment plan you can just stop paying them if you don't like what's going on, and start up again if they fix what was irking you. Or you can just chill in the social zone and not pay a dime while you are there.

It's not a MMO, it's basically just a fps shooter, in 3rd person, mixed with some GTA. Loads of laughs to pick up, fuck around in and set back down for a couple days.

Pre-order headstart starts in 5hrs for EST.

You mean you get fifty hours of playtime if you buy the game. That's not exactly a month.

So anyone else playing on Zombie?

My opinions on the game as of right now:

Fun as hell with 2+ people who are friends and know how to play decently well.

Matchmaking system is complete shit, far too many enforcers right now skewing the numbers and messing up the whole system. I love when i'm at rank 80 and matched up against 3 enforcers who are all rank 120+ and have 2 slot upgraded weapons.

Solo the game is complete ass, you can't do anything without help.

Guns are pretty...interesting. They have effective ranges as in the Assault Rifle is great at mid range, but when you close in on someone it loses all of it's punch and someone will just take you down with their Uzi...that said...most people just bumrush you with their submachine guns anyways.

Rifles are kind of pointless, you can camp people and spots with them, but most people will just duck to cover when getting shot and regen their HP (and if they are smart, flank you and come up behind you)

Customizing shit is fun as hell. Though I hate how the game doesn't tell you what you need to unlock certain clothing pieces.

It's repetitive as all hell, and sometimes makes honor grinding in WoW look fun and enthralling. With friends though or a group of people it helps spice things up.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    Pretty much all of the criminals on my server have joined some clan called "TNBGaming". This sucks, because they've started to distribute aim bots to each other. They don't even try to hide it, and openly admit to using them. Kinda turned me off to the game.
    oh fuck yeah titties and beer are have their own clan? man I loved their CS:S servers

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm on Zombie as well (Triniz)

Haven't had time to really get in to it...my gaming laptop is complete fail and I might as well build a new desktop for FF14, was hoping that this would kill time til then but meh, kind of disappointed.

So after playing for a good 30hrs now out of the 50hrs bonus I have to say... this game is complete shit.

Don't fucking bother aiming, it does no good unless you have a sniper rifle because everyone else will be rushing at you with the SMG/Assault rifle and spraying you down. I love crouching down and aiming at someone a block away only to have them spin around and gun me down as I drop an entire clip into them. Shotguns are worthless, because a fully automatic SMG will just kill you anyways.

Until they fix the fact that you can fire almost as accurately while strafing like a complete fucking spazz left and right while unloading clips at someone... and kill them the game is junk.

Also 90% of the game takes place in close quarter enviroments, so using the Ntec is the only worthwhile option, that way you can shoot from afar and shoot in close.

And all the bots on some of the districts are awesome too. "Oh hey, that guy got 40kills while the next closest person was at 8. And he shot me through a wall or knew I was hiding behind a box as he came around the corner firing already! This game sure is fun!"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lol nice, I saw a picture of someone named GeorgeWBush running over someone named BarackObama earlier haha.

I'm almost of play time, not giving RTW another dime until they fix the system that's so corrupt.

Got on my Enforcer alt today and proceeded to do a solo mission, got APB'd and hit tab to see who I was against. Low and behold it was 3 threat lvl 13 criminals all with the SMG with 3 slotted perks, health and bullet resist perks, and rank 130+...and I had my noobie STAR and crap pistol..sure was fun. Especially when it became a mission where it was "Kill more of them then they do of you before time runs out"..my backup that finally came was 1 person, who was rank 50.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

i think APB is fun as shit when u have friends to play with, even when u die from some ass-tard with a better gun its still hilarious fun. pick up and put down kind of game that can be a blast.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I still can't get over the fact that my character looks 10x better in the editor than in the actual game. I don't know why (I have all the settings up to max, including AA), but the actual in game version looks so low-res and shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan? View Post
    I still can't get over the fact that my character looks 10x better in the editor than in the actual game. I don't know why (I have all the settings up to max, including AA), but the actual in game version looks so low-res and shitty.
    I fucking know! This annoyed the hell out of me. I would tweak my character in editor, give her some eye liner and shit, then come back into the game and she looked nothing like what I had just saw.

Also making designs in editor when applied to clothing look strange and blurred, then when you zone out they look completely different >_<

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

$20 For EU only +10hrs action district time. Not bad for a game thats main price is 50 bucks.
    http://www.g2play.net/store/APB-Stan...-included.html

Got on today to see if they fixed anything with the patch today.

Got a backup call, was me at rank 135/threat lvl 5 and some rank 37 threat lvl 6 against 4 threat lvl 10-14's, all who had 3 socket OCA's/3 character upgrade slots filled, were rank 180-195 and 1 guy had a rocket launcher.

Wouldn't let the 2 of us call in backup

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.

Today we bring you an interesting first look at the patch notes of the upcoming APB 1.3.0 patch. These fixes and changes are issues that we highlighted early on, or didn’t quite make it into earlier builds.

1.3.0 currently has no definitive release date, but will be here soon. You’ll hear more from us on that in the near future!

Many of the changes we’ve been discussing recently, such as match making changes, will be rolled out in later versions.

See you on the streets.

Fixes for 1.3.0

GENERAL

* An issue with characters not displaying the Character Select screen has been resolved.
    * An exploit has been fixed where players could exceed the character customisation limits.
    * Players can no longer capture movies while in the character select screen.
    * The overlay strength of clothing items are no longer saved when the player presses cancel.
    * Choosing to replay the intro videos no longer causes some players to crash.
    * A rare server crash that was caused by a player switching their weapons via the inventory has been addressed.
    * A client crash that can occur when accepting a clan invite has been addressed.
    * The achievement ‘Indoctrinate the masses’ can no longer be progressed towards without finishing spray paint actions.
    * The achievement ‘Who Are You?’ is now awarded correctly.
    * There has been an increase in performance for the in-game browser.
    * A client hang that causes the loading wheel to spin perpetually when entering a district has been addressed.
    * The APB Launcher no longer consistently requests the player to restart the computer when first installing the game.

AUDIO

* Audio display points in the Realtime Worlds building no longer clash with ambient background music.
    * Missing 'Sweep' SFX has been added to the 'Chat', 'Emote', 'Console' and 'Character Info' menus.
    * Missing SFX for the 'Garage Editor' interface has been added.
    * Missing SFX from the 'Locker', 'Marketplace', and 'League' menus has now been added.
    * Enforcer death themes now play correctly when arresting a Criminal player.
    * Players can no longer control more than one audio display point at a time.
    * Music player shortcuts now function correctly when in the various customisation studios.
    * Improvements have been made to the Music Player search functionality.
    * Numerous additional audio fixes/improvements have been made.
    * Improvements have been made to the audio ducking feature.

LIVING CITY

* Pedestrians can now be mugged from any angle.
    * Pedestrians have had their collision box sizes decreased.
    * Living City drivers no longer remain calm when their vehicles are on fire.
    * Improvements have been made to Living City driving routes in various areas of the Action Districts.
    * Living City characters no longer continue to animate after death.

VEHICLES

* A rare crash that occurred when players vehicles collide no longer occurs.
    * Mission related vehicles in a critical condition will now continue to lose health even after their related mission has been completed.
    * Custom vehicle exhausts and engines now function correctly in the Action Districts.
    * Vehicles being used as a mobile resupply point can now be entered from the drivers side door.
    * Preset vehicles retrieved as league or progression based rewards can now be customised and saved correctly.
    * Players are now able to enter the Exec Saloon or Dolton Broadwing when touching them.
    * Mission related vehicles now correctly de-spawned when the mission is completed.

ITEMS

* Selling items to contacts no longer results in the error message 'SALE FAILED'
    * The item information for the SHAW 556 has been corrected.
    * The ‘Supermag’ weapon upgrade no longer upgrades both the clip and the magazine size.
    * Customized clothing that has been manufactured can now be sold to contacts.
    * The ‘Steel Plating’ vehicle upgrade level 1, 2 and 3 now correctly adjust a vehicles armour value.
    * Various items of clothing now correctly remove the waist star badge.
    * Large task items no longer clip through female characters arms.
    * Female characters using the OSMAW are now shown to be holding a rocket during their reload animation.

GAMEPLAY

* The mission 'Money Trail' now correct finishes after the fourth stage.
    * The mission task items in 'Money Trail' are now displayed on the HUD, and can be picked up by the opposition.
    * The mission ‘Divide and Conquer’ now correctly displays the number of lives Criminals have.
    * Receiving damage as a Criminal while on an escape mission now causes a time penalty.
    * Damage caused by vehicles exploding near characters is now applied correctly.
    * Crouched players are now able to stand up by pressing the jump button.
    * Character upgrades can now be changed when using a Mobile Supply Unit or Field Supplier.
    * Players can no longer drop task items through fences causing them to become unreachable.
    * Players who choose to use the ‘Hold’ option for marksmanship option will now be able to use marksmanship mode correctly after sprinting.
    * Survival missions now function correctly.
    * The targeting reticule now correctly represents where a weapon is pointed when a player is hanging out of a vehicle window.
    * Players should now receive random rewards from contacts other than Double-B and Wilson LeBoyce.
    * If a VIP player disconnects from a district while on a mission both teams should now be correctly informed that a new VIP has been selected.
    * A wall in Block 20 that lacked collision now has collision.
    * Mission objectives that have been inadvertently damaged by weapons or vehicles can now be interacted with correctly.
    * Numerous mission spawn volumes have been altered to prevent potential issues.
    * VIP and enemy players markers no longer remain after the player has died.
    * Criminals can now be witnessed when sitting in the back seat of Living City vehicles.
    * Players can no longer use the Ctrl+Shift+M shortcut to switch districts during a dispatch.
    * Players now correctly suffer explosive damage when exiting a vehicle as it explodes.
    * Players are no longer able to kill themselves by firing a weapon while intersecting another player.
    * Players are now able to perform vehicle break ins while carrying a medium or large task item.
    * Climbing ladders no longer prevents stamina from being regenerated.
    * Players are no longer able to get vehicles inside the spawn bays surrounding Violet Prentiss and Mirri Kent.
    * Players are no longer able to trap themselves behind Veronika Lee
    * Players are no longer able to see opposed enemy players through walls by looking at a destroyed vehicle husk.
    * Amendments have been made to various ‘camping spots’ in both the Financial and Waterfront Action Districts.

WEAPONS

* Splash damage caused by explosive weaponry is now functioning correctly.
    * Grenades can now be thrown even when the players other weapons require reloading.
    * Thrown grenades should no longer be dropped at the players feet if they are suffering from high latency.
    * Weapons fired when a player lands after falling from a height now register correctly.

INTERFACE

* Items with long names no longer cause issues with the UI.
    * The Mouse Cursor will no longer disappear when holding the right mouse button and opening the options menu.
    * The track timestamp no longer resets when pausing a track.
    * The 'Selected Only' checkbox in the Wardrobe now functions correctly.
    * The player can no longer interact with the Wardrobe while the Playlist Editor is open.
    * The hotkeys '1', '2', '3' and 'ALT' now have the same functionality across all the editors.
    * A bug where the Options menu would sometimes fail to open or close has now been fixed.
    * A bug where the flashing APB logo was shown on the death screen has been fixed.
    * The 'Edit Item' menu in the Locker no longer appears as a button.
    * The music player mini-HUD is no longer shown in the Customisation Studios.
    * Immediately selecting multiple decals will no longer result in the opacity of the last selected item applying to all the decals.
    * The Main Menu now correctly displays the hotkeys for the Knowledge Base.
    * Selecting a new track in the Music Editor no longer causes the Pattern interface to shake.
    * The correct thread image is shown on the ceremony HUD for someone of the opposite faction
    * There is no longer a delay at showing the spawn map when loading into a district.
    * The names of tattoos no longer appear when adding more than 4 to a player.
    * Tool tips are now positioned consistently.
    * Items in the inventory are now correctly highlighted when being hovered over.
    * Custom themes now correctly display the creators name.
    * Players should now be able to successfully accept the Music Import Privacy Agreement .
    * The ‘Rename’ and ‘Save As’ buttons now function correctly in the Symbol designer.
    * The Marketplaces ‘Usable’ checkbox no longer sets the Rating search criteria to 1-1.
    * The Music Studio should now function correctly in all languages.
    * Pre-set vehicles now display the correct rating requirement in the Garage.
    * An invite button has been added to the Group menu.
    * Clan member ranks now have associated icons in the Clan Management menu.
    * The inventory compare function now displays the correct information.
    * Clan members now show up in the Clan tab.
    * The vertical scale button is now selectable and usable when a tattoo has been applied as a wrap.
    * Using the Symbol Designer shortcut keys while dragging a symbol no longer prevents changes from being applied.
    * Players are now correctly messaged when they leave a clan.
    * Ceremony messages how display a related icon when unlocking a feature.
    * Players reticules now correctly update when looking through vehicle husks.
    * Pre-order vehicles can now be equipped through the garage.
    * Weapon values displayed on the UI now correctly represent their actual values.
    * Saved custom colours can now be properly deleted from a players palette.
    * Level 5 player Heat/Prestige icons are now scaled correctly.
    * Players with less than one minute of Action District time remaining are now able to see how much time they have left.
    * Players reticules now appear in the appropriate colour when landing a killing shot on another player.
    * The faction select screen now animates correctly.
    * Group VOIP icons now behave correctly when the group is split over two or more instances/districts.
    * The ‘Reaper’ medal now has the correct description.
    * The arrest timer is now of a unified length for both Enforcers and Criminals.
    * Players are now correctly informed how much it costs to manufacture a song.
    * HUD markers now display correctly if a player carrying stolen items and driving in a vehicle carrying a task item exits the vehicle.
    * The Clan Management screen can now be accessed at any time.
    * Improvements have been made to the ordering of various Persona components.
    * Mission win streaks are now correctly messaged to the player and the district.
    * The decal reset button now functions correctly in the various customisation studios.
    * Players are now informed why they cannot group with players who have not completed the tutorial.
    * Several small fixes/improvements have been made to the inspect player UI.
    * Numerous improvements to Marketplace functionality have been made.
    * Numerous small UI fixes/improvements have been implemented.
    * Numerous localisation issues have been rectified.

MAIL

* League mails no longer allow you to retrieve empty reward packages.
    * Rewards attached to mail messages can now be successfully retrieved.
    * Clicking between several mail messages will no longer cause a client hang.
    * Mail messages now contain the correct time and date stamps.
    * Display point tokens now feature suitable descriptions when attached to reward mails.
    * The ‘Daily cars stolen by Criminal Clans’ league reward package now contains the correct display point token.
    * The Financial District ‘Weekly Total Kills by Players’ league reward package now contains the correct display point token.
    * The Financial District ‘Daily Total Kills by Players’ league reward package now contains the correct display point token.
    * The Financial District ‘Weekly Missions Won by Players’ league reward package now contains the correct display point token.
    * The Financial District ‘Weekly Missions Won by Clans’ league reward package now contains the correct display point token.

Till they fix the guns and matchmaking, anything else they fix is pointless. Ended up uninstalling the game last night after playing a 2v2 match with my enforcer and my friend against 2 crims. We were all the same rank, all had no upgraded weapons and we were even on kills so no one as dominating. Game let them call in backup in the form of a Rank 243 crim with 3 character perks and an OCA with 3 upgrades. Who proceeded to win the match for the other team by destroying me and my friend before we could even fire 2-3 LTL rounds at her.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

despite what everyone said about APB, shit was still fun to play and you didnt have to pay to play if you worked the market.

http://i51.tinypic.com/51xap4.jpg

and apparently i have until 2020 to play
    http://i53.tinypic.com/b99dte.jpg

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So much potential wasted.

Here is a private server for APB

http://actiondistrict.com/

I have no idea if it actually works but if you have the game installed still try it and see. Would rather not download that big client just for it not working.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast