+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Yeah so from almost everyone I've seen with this hiccup issue have been using a wireless network adapter, and if they go hard wired it seems to resolve. I don't know why but disabling QoS packet scheduler seemed to work for some people including myself, but others had to disable HID devices, if neither of those are working, I'm not sure what to tell you other than to stay hardwired.

The issue is def. only ffxi/polviewer. You can really see it in the ticker that goes across the bottom on the screen where you press "play ffxi", and it's extremely annoying in game.

I can't pinpoint the issue to the finest detail but I'm fairly certain it's a vista/wireless issue. I wish I could be more help!!

(I also used Linksys wireless when I had this issue just fyi)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Sounds like a failing hard drive to me.

There's no way network activity would make a game graphically stutter.
    Actually, yeah it can. Its pretty obvious when it happens on the 360. Game/menus will lock up, or you'll see a massive FPS drop when someone pulls the pug on their console, or the host gets a lag spike on games like CoD4. Same thing can happen (and happens on PC COD4) on a PC, when there's too much information to be processed and detracts from the processor. Happens in WoW quite often, when there's large world PvP events. My buddy's comp that runs 100FPS on max settings has no problem running with 200+ people on screen. Put him in WG where there's alot of action, even stuff that's not being rendered on the other side of the map going on, and he sees a pretty damned good FPS drop with just 30 people nearby idling.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Okay. I'll disable the wireless and use wired and see what happens.

Do you have the issue when you're running hardwired or only with the wireless?
    Still happens regardless I'm on wireless, or directly connected to the router.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sorry for the necro, but this thread is the top result on google for "ffxi freeze every second."

Uninstalling Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 (and the included packet parser) fixed this problem for me.