+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78

Thread: Gran Turismo 5     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    They still didn't address one of the pet peeves I had with this game though, and that's not marking cars in your garage as eligible for a particular race you're trying to enter.
    You mean only showing cars eligible for a race when you view your garage? Because it does that if you enter your garage from the list that tells you what the race's restrictions are.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Either I've not played this in awhile (since I had 3 patches prior to 2.0), or they made loading seem quicker by loading the track first, get you in the replay view, then stream in the competition's vehicles one by one, and only letting you play once that's all loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    You mean only showing cars eligible for a race when you view your garage? Because it does that if you enter your garage from the list that tells you what the race's restrictions are.
    I do, and it still shows cars I own that don't fit the restriction.
    [EDIT] Perhaps it's something to do with some of the cars I favourited. That or it's finicky based on the course I'm selecting as the more broader one seems to throw in cars of mine that won't work for it.

Also, I am one hell of a dirty driver. Final lap on the Mazda raceway, been tailing first place for a lap and a half. I end up using that tight turn/ with the hump as my means of flying my car over and past the bend/downward slope, and slamming the leading car off the track.

I also went and checked out the Spec 2.0 video. They basically compressed the first part of the original intro by a fair margin with some slight modifications, then had a completely new section featuring inengine stuff. For them to actually bother going through with this really makes me feel they're planning an updated re-release of the game in the retail market.

Of course you can also save yourself 590mb and just scan through it over at youtube.

How badass it would be if the replay tools allowed us to do that kind of stuff ourselves.........

Banned.

BG Level

I do, and it still shows cars I own that don't fit the restriction.
    [EDIT] Perhaps it's something to do with some of the cars I favourited. That or it's finicky based on the course I'm selecting as the more broader one seems to throw in cars of mine that won't work for it.
    I've never had a car ineligible for a race pop up when I did that. Sometimes it seems like it should be, but if it shows up there, it should let you race it. The European Hot Hatch race is pretty egregious about this.

On an unrelated note, I wish they'd change the stupid HP deterioration mechanic, where once your car exceeds a certain mileage it gets a permanent drop in horsepower that not even rebuilding the engine and chassis will fix. Knock that silly shit off.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Cars over the PP limit will show up..but thats because you can change out parts to make them eligible..or limit their power to lower their PP rating

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Azull View Post
    Cars over the PP limit will show up..but thats because you can change out parts to make them eligible..or limit their power to lower their PP rating
    That must be new, because I remember accidentally buying a new Elise because one of the seasonal races had a PP limit which the Elise I had was over, so it didn't show up and I thought I didn't have one.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Now I've had some experience on the wheel and improved a lot, gone back to the trials - only need 2 more to fully gold them all.

The IB cone slalom and the IA mulsanne ( 0.111 off /rage ).

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there a particular way to tweak a car to give it better grip on the road?

It seems a lot of my vehicles just start to slide around after I throw some upgrades at it since it's too fast for its own good. I also have no idea what kind of different soft/medium/hard wheels of a given section make.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Comfort tyres are road tyres and give the least grip, sports tyres are street legal and offer more grip, racing tyres = road illegal in most countries on the road but most grip.

Soft = more grip, but higher wear rates, so if you're doing lengthy events that have tyre wear, you want hard tyres, if tyre wear is off =soft tyres.

Racing softs are the best on EVERY car, Racing hards are for 15 lap + races. Medium for 5-15 lap.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Is there a particular way to tweak a car to give it better grip on the road?

It seems a lot of my vehicles just start to slide around after I throw some upgrades at it since it's too fast for its own good. I also have no idea what kind of different soft/medium/hard wheels of a given section make.
    I haven't played GT5 in a while, but is there a way to add more downforce to the car? You might check around for some tuning guides or something.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Most cars can add a front and rear spoiler, which are bought in the auto shop, same place you get car washes, oil changes, and full racing mods. You just want parts to help with the aero. I think I had to get a full set for an RX-7 special event since the damn car wouldn't stay stable at high speeds and oversteer like mad. Should be able to add to downforce in the aerodynamic tab. You can also make minor adjustments to at the very least the stabilizers and the brakes. If your back end is loose, tighten the rear (increase) and loosen the front (decrease). Brakes, you want to have stronger front brakes, helps with the oversteer during high speed braking (at least thats what I recall from experience). Also there might be an option for weight ballast but again been a while since I played.

As far as springs and other settings, I tend not to touch any of them, though you can try based upon what the in game guides state.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Two years ago this fall, Polyphony Digital released the long-awaited Gran Turismo 5 to racing fans everywhere. In commemoration of that and their four-year partnership with Nissan for the GT Academy, the developer is releasing Gran Turismo 5 – Academy Edition.

This special edition release comes packed with various car packs that have been digitally released since the game’s initial launch in 2010. Most high-profile among these is Polyphony Digital creative lead Kazunori Yamauchi’s Nissan GTR that was raced for real in the Nurburgring 24-hour race by Yamauchi himself.

Everything else included:

* Complete Pack (Car Pack, Course Pack, Special Paint Pack, Racing Gear Pack)
    * Car Pack 2
    * Car Pack 3 and Course Pack 2
    Gran Turismo 5 – Academy Edition has been announced for release on September 26 in the UK, and will run you €29.99/£19.99. No US version pricing or launch date have been detailed, but we’re sure it’ll crop up in the coming days/weeks.
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...his-september/
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/...n-coming-soon/

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Such a gorgeous case cover. Too bad I have a signed one from Kaz, I'd totally buy it for the extra car and that cover.

I don't want to start a debate, but until GT6 comes out, I think i'll stick to Forza 4... just to keep things new.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Online services including Multiplayer going offline on May 30th, DLC is being pulled from the store April 30th, not all DLC will be redownloadable
    Gran Turismo 5 DLC will be removed from the PS Store next month, Sony has announced.

According to a post on the European Gran Turismo website, the pull date will be April 30 – a month before the multiplayer servers are taken offline.

Sony noted that some DLC will be available to re-download should a user delete the GT5 Save Data, but some will not be able to be re-installed.

These include the Racing Car Pack, Course Pack, Family Upgrade and others.

Regarding Gran Turismo TV, distribution of all programs within Gran Turismo 5 will cease on March 14. Programs which have been purchased will be available for viewing and downloading during the availability period. All programs after this date will not be available except the opening and the ending movies.

As previously mentioned, online services for Gran Turismo 5, including Online Lobby, Seasonal Events, Museum, News, Community, Remote Race, Log in Bonus, Online Dealership and DLC purchase, will no longer be available after May 30.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/22/gran...tore-in-april/
    http://eu.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4372104.html
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/06/sony...stance-series/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Final Event, GT6 DLC as rewards
    As detailed on the Gran Turismo website, the Gran Turismo 5 Online Event Finale kicks off on May 30.

Two tracks will be available: the Top Gear test track with a 2011 Mazda Roadster TC, and the 24-hour Nürburgring track with a 2011 Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport.

Players need to register lap times on both circuits, then log into GT6 between June 2 and June 29 using the same PSN ID to receive the following five cars:

• 2009 Abarth Grande Punto
    • 2011 Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy
    • 2008 Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34)
    • 2012 Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance
    • 2012 Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package

GT5′s online servers go offline permanently at the end of May, along with MAG, SOCOM: Confrontation and three Resistance games.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/01/gran...lock-gt6-cars/
    http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8806688.html

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gran Turismo 5 Update 2.17 Released, Previously Purchased DLC Available Again

In a surprising turn of events a new update is available for Gran Turismo 5, version 2.17. This update modifies the game so that it is no longer necessary to connect to the discontinued online servers in order to download previously purchased DLC packages.

To clarify, all online services for GT5 are still decommissioned.

After the installation of Update 2.16 and the consequent decommissioning of the GT5 servers, players were no longer able to install previously purchased DLCs for GT5. In order to address this issue, we are releasing a new game and server update:

Update Schedule

21st July 2014, from 8:00PM (PST)

Update Details

- The installation process for Downloadable Content has been changed. Users will no longer need to connect to the GT5 servers in order to install additional content.,

After installing Update 2.17, users who purchased DLCs from the PlayStation®Store in the past will be able to re-install them again, even if the GT5 online services have been terminated.

We would like to thank you all for your continuous support and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    Figured I'd post for those that didn't know and or still care