+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kajii View Post
    Got this today in the mail :D
    http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3752/myg27.jpg

To my disappointment, the clutch does not work with GT5P...
    it does, pretty sure you have to calibrate it or something though.

i have to say i am jealous

EDIT: a post from another forum mentions it

The top black button on the shifter; i.e. the one in triangle's spot. You have to press it after the race has actually begun... after the words "Start" appear on-screen. You can toggle it on and off. You'll know when it's on if you try to shift with the H-gate without clutching and it goes into neutral.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fucking love my G27, but I have to say it's an utter bitch to setup as well as put away when you're done with it for the day. So many damn wires......

Just wish it had a default DualShock mapping for PS2/PS3 games that don't directly support it (or it's prior models). As it stands, what might be mapped as L1/R1 to the wheel in one game won't be on the other. Mostly just the face buttons + d-pad that remain the same.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Fucking love my G27, but I have to say it's an utter bitch to setup as well as put away when you're done with it for the day. So many damn wires......
    This!

Putting it back in the box after I was done playing took a good ten minutes... And now I'm hearing I can get the clutch to work. Really tempts me to take it out right now, but don't want to deal with putting it back.

Wheel is so smooth though, and silent. Definitely a step up from Driving Force Pro.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Putting it back in the box after I was done playing took a good ten minutes...
    I couldn't be arsed to put it back in the box. I went and re-purposed my smaller bookshelf for the wheel, and it pretty much hogged the entire unit to itself. My only beef with the wiring is that they have to run underneath the wheel itself, rather than just plugging into its rear or something easier.

Still, it's worth the trouble just for the quality of the wheel itself. I'm sure it's not a problem for true enthusiasts who have a permanent frame with the wheel bolted firmly into the place alongside all the other components. I just lack the bedroom space to do such a thing or have a dedicated desk.

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I can't wait for GT5.. have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered through Amazon.

I have my G27 on a Wheelstand Pro. Really wish I had the room for a Playseat.. but it'll do.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ugh, thanks for mentioning the wheelstand. Never knew such a thing existed, and it would solve a lot of my setting-up problems, just don't have the money right now.

Is the base weighted at all? I'd get the feeling that if I went rough on my wheel that it'd shift about or lift the foot pedals some.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Its somewhat weighted. There's a bar you that screws into the underside of the pedals to keep them in place as well.

Formerly known as Arcknight.
    BG Level

Got this today in the mail :D
    http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3752/myg27.jpg

To my disappointment, the clutch does not work with GT5P...
    The clutch does work in GT5P. At least it does for me with my G25. When you start your race and you're driving you have to hit a button on the shifter.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6077/22546823.png

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Thanks for Wheelstand mention, definitely need one by time GT5 comes out
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Logitech-Wheel-S...item3f00dc9c16
    Good price?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Not bad. You'll want the one with the shifter mount though for the G25/G27. Think that one doesn't have it included.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Figured out my problem with the clutch... Was only trying with an Evo X, totally forgot that they have the JP GSR(Paddle Shifters) in the game.

Switched to a different car and it works great!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Well damn, looks like there will be an "Ultimate" edition of the Collector's pack...
    The Gran Turismo 5 Collector’s Edition was announced at E3, but now it seems that may not be the only special version of the game Sony has plans for. Speaking in an interview with IVG, head of Sony Computer Entertainment India Atindriya Bose clearly discloses that there are “two collector’s editions” in the works:

For GT5, there are two collector’s editions. One is the game plus some added content and collectibles, which (has already been announced), while the other is in a really big package with a lot of paraphernalia that goes beyond the game. It’s all car-related, but I’m unaware of the exact contents. That being so expensive, we may not directly order it from Europe, but we could bring in limited quantities from Sony in the Middle East. We’ll also be working with Mercedes in some way around the GT5 launch, but we’re yet to decide the specifics of that.

Product listings at Amazon.fr support his statements, including both the “standard” Collector’s Edition for €99.00 and a more mysterious “Gran Turismo 5 – édition ultime” listed at €189.95. Hopefully details for the “ultimate edition” will be finalized in time for the next round of GT5 revelations at Germany’s Gamescom next month…

UPDATE: An online Finnish retailer has also listed what appears to be the more expensive Collector’s Edition, referred to as the Gran Turismo 5 “Signature Edition”. Thanks to Myffe for the tip!
    http://www.gtplanet.net/two-collecto...ran-turismo-5/

Can only imagine how much this thing is going to cost and what will come with it...

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

A helmet and a Hans device.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm betting it'll include driving gloves.

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

I would guess it would include the Logitech GT wheel.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Shojin View Post
    I would guess it would include the Logitech GT wheel.
    Yep, pretty sure this'll be the case.

Formerly known as Arcknight.
    BG Level

Been waiting for this game for what... 6 years? I'll buy it I don't give a fuck.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Nothing crazy, but... omg wind effects @1:20
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8padDk9ZakE

How many of you are planning on playing this with a wheel? I've never had any good experiences with wheels at home. They only seem to work when I'm in a real car or sitting in a plastic seat surrounded by speakers and fans.

Banned.

BG Level

Dont have a proper place to put the wheel so controller for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast