+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Girl kidnapped for 18 years had 2 kids with kidnapper

Wow. This guy was in jail for 17 years for rape before, and still hasnt changed.

The California girl who was rescued after 18 years in captivity "bonded" with her kidnapper to survive, her stepdad said Friday.

Jaycee Lee Dugard "didn't try to get away," Carl Probyn said on NBC's Today show. "And it probably kept her alive. If she would have been really spunky and fight and tried to escape, maybe she would have been killed."

Jaycee, who was kidnapped from in front of her South Lake Tahoe home in 1991, had two kids with her accused abductor, a religious fanatic and convicted sex offender named Phillip Garrido.

Probyn said his step-daughter, whom he described as a "mellow girl" when she was kidnapped at age 11, appears to be physically fine.

"My wife said she looks almost like she was when she was kidnapped," he said.

But Jaycee, who is now 29, has been damaged by the ordeal.

"My wife says that Jaycee is really feeling guilty for bonding with this guy," Probyn said. "So she's really having a problem with that."

Ed Smart, whose daughter Elizabeth was rescued in 2002 after nine months in the clutches of yet another religious nut, said he doesn't believe Jaycee bonded with Garrido.

He conceded, however, that Jaycee's giving birth to two daughters by Garrido "complicates it more because certainly she had concern for her children."

"I think that in many cases, these children do try to escape, and after numerous attempts they feel it's hopeless, and so they try to survive," Smart said on CBS's The Early Show. "And that's not necessarily bonding with these monsters."

Jaycee was reunited with her parents on Thursday night after cops arrested Garrido, 58. They said the convicted rapist kept Jaycee hidden in a "secret backyard" and that one of the two children he fathered was the same age as the victim was when she vanished.

Garrido and his wife, Nancy, were being held on $1 million bail each. He was expected to be officially charged Friday with rape and kidnapping. She faces conspiracy charges.

Cops say Nancy Garrido was with her husband when they snatched Jaycee on June 10, 1991, as she was walking to her school bus stop.

In their first conversation Wednesday night, Jayce gave her mother a double jolt, Probyn said.

"I have something to tell you. I have babies," Jaycee told Terry Probyn, 50, who asked how many.

"Two," she replied.

"I gave up hope for 18 years, just went into recovery mode," said Carl Probyn, who witnessed the abduction but was too far away to stop it. "Now, I just won the lotto. It's just unbelievable."

Probyn said his estranged wife called him soon after getting word from the FBI that Jaycee was safe and healthy.
    "She said, 'They found Jaycee. She's alive,'" said Carl Probyn, 60, who now lives in Riverside in Southern California. "We cried for about two minutes."

Garrido later called a KCRA3 reporter from jail and urged people to withhold judgement until all the details about the case to come out.

"What's kept me busy the last several years is I've completely turned my life around," Garrido said.

"And you're going to find the most powerful story coming from the witness, the victim - you wait. If you take this a step at a time, you're going to fall over backwards and in the end, you're going to find the most powerful heartwarming story."

Lt. Fred Kollar of the El Dorado County Sheriff's Department said Garrido and his wife kept Jaycee for nearly two decades hidden the backyard of their home in the suburban San Francisco town of Antioch.

"My understanding is they went directly to that property right after the kidnapping," Kollar said. "The children were born there and they lived there since."

He said that Jaycee and her daughters, ages 11 and 15, were kept in a shack and two tents hidden behind a tree-lined, 6-foot-tall fence at the rear of the suspects' backyard.

Kollar said a plastic tarp covered the entrance to the covert camp, which had an outhouse and an outdoor shower.
    "None of the children had ever been to school, none had been to a doctor, they were kept in complete isolation in this compound, if you will, at the house," Kollar said.

"She was in good health," Kollar said of Jaycee. "But living in a backyard for the past 18 years does take its toll."

The big break in the case came Tuesday when campus cop Allison Jacobs spotted Garrido and the two young girls at the University of California, Berkeley.

Garrido was passing out religious tracts without permission at the university's famed Sather Gate, the scene of student protests in the 1960s. When Jacobs ran a background check on Garrido, she learned he was a registered sex offender on lifetime federal parole for a 1971 kidnapping and rape.

Jacobs contacted Garrido's parole officer, who called the convict in for a meeting Wednesday.

Garrido showed up to meet his parole officer with his wife, the two girls he fathered, and a woman named Allissa - who turned out to be Jaycee.

Hidden encampment

"The parole agent had visited \[Garrido's house\] and never saw Jaycee and the two children," said Kollar, adding that the backyard encampment was so well-hidden the parole officer never noticed it.

After being grilled by the parole officer, Garrido admitted he and his wife had kidnapped Jaycee in 1991.

Carl Probyn told The Daily News on Thursday that he felt vindicated after being eyed as a suspect in the case and being racked by guilt for not being able to save Jaycee from the kidnappers.

"I was a suspect probably until \[Wednesday\], I'm sure. I took four lie detector tests," said Probyn. "I'm the winner now. For the last 18 years, they \[the Garridos\] were the winners."

A law enforcement source suggested that Garrido abducted Jaycee to make her his sex slave.

"As to why a man would take an 11-year-old girl, it's not so he could send her to debutante school," the source told the Daily News.

Garrido was released from Leavenworth Prison in Kansas in 1988, after serving 17 years for taking a woman across state lines and raping her in a hotel room, a relative of Garrido told The News.

Records show Garrido was thrown back in jail for five months in 1993 for a parole violation. He became a religious fanatic, and an Internet blogger who claimed he could speak to God and hear voices in people's heads.

Neighbors didn't seem surprised by the twisted details police revealed.

Damon Robinson, 38, said he knew Garrido had girls living in his backyard and raised the red flag to sheriff's deputies over two years ago.

"I put it in the police's hands. What else could I do," said Robinson, adding the deputies investigated his complaint, but nothing changed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Got a link? and this is horrible

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    The guy that kidnapped her, said she was in love with him. And we will all get to know the heart-warming story some day.

I cant imagine the family's emotions of not only getting their daughter back, but finding out she was raped for years, had 2 children, and none of them have been to school or a doctor.

I would go insane if anything ever happend to my wife or daughter.
    The people responsible should go to prison forever.

I also posted this story in spam yesterday, really creepy guy. I wonder what his special surprise (heart warming story) is that he thinks everyone will be blown away by.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

link: Case of girl kidnapped 18 years ago gives other parents hope | csmonitor.com
    (one of the 1000s)

and...

Why are they always white.

I hate these stories as happy/good as they are. To bullshittish, I still cannot see how one cannot improvise and beat the shit out of the fucker. I'm sure anything that could be used as a weapon will be used.

Waiting for madeline to come up now and everyone to BAWWWWW.

EDIT: nevermind, I just realised the age they were captured at. I'm sure they weren't that developed yet in that case and by the time that comes around you won't really realise.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What's got three wheels and is covered in rust?

Spoiler: show
    Madline McCann's new tricycle.

Also Firas
    BG Level

/darwinism.

am i doing it right?

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

There are some many parts of this story that bother me.

The religious fanatic, the neighbors complaining 2 years ago about the women in the backyard, etc..

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I think it's hilarious that this guy claims he's turned his entire life around, when he's been essentially holding this woman hostage for all these years. Plus the daughters are 15 and 11, which means he had to have committed statuatory rape at least twice.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Antidarwinism, they managed to reproduce.

I can understand stockholm syndrome in children like this case, I'm sure she was terrified but he ended up manipulating her into believing what he was doing was right.

As with that Josef Fritzl case from a while back, I don't get how his daughter never planned some way of attacking her captor and escaping.

People like this are just plain scum, they should be locked up in a tiny room for the rest of their lives. =/

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by MoogleAura View Post
    People like this are just plain scum, they should be locked up in a tiny room for the rest of their lives. =/
    Yeah. Fuck em!

owaitbadchoiceofwords

2k for handjobs is a deal yo
    BG Level

A BOX TO SMALL TO STAND OR LIE DOWN IN FOR ETERNITY!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Voices Revealed

That's his blog. Inb4 religion derail.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Religion made him do it.

oops.

And so it begins. It can only get worse from here.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Horrible story, bro.

These guys are definitely going in for life but I'm pretty convinced all the damage has been done for a long time now. How do you go back to life after going through shit like that?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

who would want to kidnap a girl for 18 years fuck that

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Obviously he wasn't very much of a pedophile since he kept her well past the seno approved age.