BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

League of Legends

I know nothing of this game other than I got the link from the background of aionsource.com somehow. Figured someone might care for it.

League of Legends - NA Premium Only - Curse

Lame. You have to be a premium user to get a key.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

been playing this in closed beta, great game, better than dota! It's so addicting and fresh its really fun you guys should all check it out. It's also only like 30 bucks to get a collector edition online and get in beta right away.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I got into the CB, but for some reason I prefer HoN to it, it's a good game it's just not as good as HoN to me, then again I've been playing HoN more then LoL.

Amazing game. I've been playing the Closed Beta for about 3 weeks and am very impressed with the quality so far. The communication alone with the developers is amazing. There are 38 champions to choose from so far. Sadly only 1 map, but every game is unique.

I have 3 more beta keys. If anyone would like one, send me a PM.

First thoughts about this game.

The UI is some-what of a clusterfuck. It feels like I'm playing WoW and at times I was just generally clue-less as to what I was looking at. Obviously like any game once you get used to it enough it becomes like clock-work but to a new player I can seriously imagine this getting on their nerves.

The game is also quite intense on graphics but I'm pretty confused as to why this is true. I play games like Fallout 3 on near-maximum settings but on LoL I seem to get general lag all the time even when stuff is on med/high.

The gameplay itself on the other hand looks quite appealing. I love these unique summoner spells you get and I haven't seen any of the runes but I love the RPG element that the game brings in. You feel like you retain some part of your work compared to DotA where every game is new and you don't keep anything from previous games.

I haven't gotten to try more than two heroes. I kind of wanted got this bigger desire to play HoN to be honest. All in all it from the beginning it didn't hook me in as much as HoN did but that's probably because HoN appealing to the inner DotA player in me while as LoL seems like a fresh game that isn't trying to be DotA 2.0. The preferences would depend on the player I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivero View Post
    All in all it from the beginning it didn't hook me in as much as HoN did but that's probably because HoN appealing to the inner DotA player in me while as LoL seems like a fresh game that isn't trying to be DotA 2.0.
    It's funny that you say that. There are a couple devs that designed DotA that are on the LoL team.

Also an update, I have received 2 more beta keys.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I'd be interested in trying out LoL if anyone has spare keys . I currently play HoN, but I'm curious if this game would better suit me or not!

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So has anyone gone back and played this game? As far as I can tell it doesn't require any sort of actual key now and is just free to play online.

I was a huge fan of DotA, and am really looking forward to playing this, I mostly just hated the DotA community which was why I had left. And I'm really glad to see they put a Traxex clone in LoL (Ashe), can't wait to try her out. If anyone wants to play let me know, I'm just going to hop into a few games and see what I can pull off considering it's been a couple years since I've played DotA and have only read up on like 2 heroes in LoL.

(sorry for the necrobump)